OT Anyone watch Deadliest Catch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scuzzy19

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Chicago
I love watching the show! its exciting and different and very entertaining watching those guys risk their lives so people can eat crab.

But the reason im posting this topic is, One of the captains on the show(Capt Phil from the Cornelia Marie) Suffered a stroke and was airlifted to a hospital. I heard he was recovering and in pretty good condition.

If anyone has watched the show you all know he smokes like a chimney on there all the time and i'm sure that doesn't help his health at all. I wonder what would be the possibilities of sending him a V4L kit and getting of the cigs in general. I thought about recommending them via Email and not come off as a salesmen and pitching and pushing a product on them.

Im seriously thinking of putting a well thought out email to them via Contact or any other outlets I can think of and send him a package to try out. I love the show and watch it all the time since the 1st season. If you would have any insight or helpful testimonials to include in the email would be great help!

Let me know what you all think if you have any ideas or if you would want to be included in the email to them!

scuzzy19

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Chicago
That's not a terribly e-cig-friendly environment. They're just not ready yet for that rough a treatment.

Thats true but in the wheelhouse yes :) I don't know it was just an idea and considering the health that Phil is in it may help if he continues to captain his ship it may be something to consider health wise

FreeGT

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
St. louis, MO
Funny thing I was actually thinking of this show and the captain the other day and wondered about this very issue......

How long are they out at sea? I would imagine the large investment of cartons of analogs vs boxes of cartos would seem pretty dramatic!

I know ecigs are not terribly durable, but that's why you get are spares!

maxx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
PA, USA
www.omnimaxx.com
Those guys are awake sometimes for 30 hours straight. You know they have to be burning at least 5 packs during that time.....and drinking a gallon of coffee.

But you know what? All those guys go in for the macho "man it up" routine. I seriously doubt any of them would be seen vaping a blue LED on deck. The same deck where they seperate the men from the boys or otherwise prove their manhood by defying death. Still...I do watch and like the show. ;)

lonercom

ECF Veteran
Capt. Phil is doing better today. He's talking to friends and family. Here's a link to his website:

CorneliaMarie|Crab Fishing Vessel on Deadliest Catch

Hook him up with a ton of cartos and a few passthroughs and he'd be good to go. The CM is back on the opie grounds but none of the Harris clan are aboard, according to the website.

Might be a good idea to hook uo Sig while we are at it. I like Sig, you always know where you stand with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread