Opinions? Super durable VV mod to match GTUS (Genesis type mod)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradlyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
California
I have been doing a fair amount of research into different VV mods. So far I am looking at a Buzzpro.

I am looking for something extremely durable (I am prone to dropping my ecigs) that also matches a GTUS. I see the the buzzpro would not be flush with the GTUS.

While that's not a deal breaker I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion.

This would be an all day vaping device (it seems to me that a provari would be something I would want to keep in the house).

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
the Mini Provari would be a super cool carry around PV... I don't buy one because I take a bottom feeder on the road (Reo Mini) but what i'm saying is it's a small batt (14500 for the Reo) and not needed for all day; ergo... The Mini Provari...

Oh yeah the V2 Provari is great for Gen type or any rebuildable because you can now go low with voltage and resistances.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Probably the Buzzpro since it doesn't have a screen less to break..but potentiometers (voltage adjustment in a Buzzpro) wear faster than switches usually..I would suggest getting a lanyard of some kind so you can hang it from your neck though so you can't drop whatever you buy.

Another option might be buying a couple chrome Lavatubes then if you dropped one you would have a backup..but I would wait until they come out with version 2 in a month or so if you went that way.

Another option would be the VV eGo's they sell to take out with you but they only have 3 voltage options 3.3,3.7 and 4.2v.

One thing you should be careful of if you drop e cigs lithium batteries don't like it..so be careful with any e cig you have dropped hard..watch it charging and for it to get hot..if it started charging fast and not lasting long that can be one sign of a damaged battery.

bradlyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
California
Probably the Buzzpro since it doesn't have a screen less to break..but potentiometers (voltage adjustment in a Buzzpro) wear faster than switches usually..I would suggest getting a lanyard of some kind so you can hang it from your neck though so you can't drop whatever you buy.

Another option might be buying a couple chrome Lavatubes then if you dropped one you would have a backup..but I would wait until they come out with version 2 in a month or so if you went that way.

Another option would be the VV eGo's they sell to take out with you but they only have 3 voltage options 3.3,3.7 and 4.2v.

One thing you should be careful of if you drop e cigs lithium batteries don't like it..so be careful with any e cig you have dropped hard..watch it charging and for it to get hot..if it started charging fast and not lasting long that can be one sign of a damaged battery.

I looked into Lavatubes and video reviews made them seem... cheap. I guess its just a matter of getting what you pay for. I want something that is proven to work for an extended amount of time.

I purchased 2 VV egos a while back and both of them broke, within two weeks. The first I dropped and it never fired again. The second one 'charges', when I plug it in the light blinks a few times. When I take it off of the charger it wont fire. I have tried LR, standard, and Mega attys on it. None of them work. I definitely do not suggest ever purchasing VV egos.

I am currently using a standard ego and love the durabilty of them. Cheap, work forever, great throw away PV. I seem to always go back to them.

The thing is that the pictures of a GTUS on an ego.... well... it just looks FUNKY. Plus, I love VV (i had a madvapes vv box that worked great, until it fired/melted in my sweater pocket.... oops...).

The GTUS looks amazing on a provari, and I have been drooling over Provari's and Darwin's since I started vaping almost a year ago. Also, this video convinced me:

So I am taking the plunge.

Tonight I am ordering a mini Provari.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
I looked into Lavatubes and video reviews made them seem... cheap. I guess its just a matter of getting what you pay for. I want something that is proven to work for an extended amount of time.

I purchased 2 VV egos a while back and both of them broke, within two weeks. The first I dropped and it never fired again. The second one 'charges', when I plug it in the light blinks a few times. When I take it off of the charger it wont fire. I have tried LR, standard, and Mega attys on it. None of them work. I definitely do not suggest ever purchasing VV egos.

I am currently using a standard ego and love the durabilty of them. Cheap, work forever, great throw away PV. I seem to always go back to them...

...So I am taking the plunge.

Tonight I am ordering a mini Provari.

I've had a LT and it's better than I thought it would be after the reviews I had seen. I've been using it a month and have been very happy. Sure it's mass produced but it's not bad for the price and a lot of sites warranty it for a year.

I don't have any experience with VV eGo's except looking at them I just mentioned them because they are inexpensive.

I have 5 SmokTech eGo's from MadVapes..3 of them from last summer and they still work great..looking a little worse for wear though.

My biggest issues with the Provari are it costs about twice what it should and the 1 button thing to do anything (this will probably keep me from ever buying one). It seem very cumbersome to use and all the button pressing and waiting looks like a pain. For that price I would like a better display something more like a cell screen and of course +/- buttons so I can change voltages easily as I like to change them often.

When my cartos warm up a lot of times I like to up volts .2 when they cool i turn it down .2. With the Provari I would have to press the button 5x wait a couple seconds..then press the button through a menu once I got to voltage wait a couple seconds more then select voltage..I would have to do that every time I changed the voltage and I change the voltage multiple times a day.

The other thing is I know after a few months any device I buy will be scratched and I would rather have something I can replace without costing an are and a leg. Plus I want more than one device because I use at least 7 different flavors a day and I prefer to not change cartos on devices all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread