Opinions on an upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newplague

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2010
Oregon
Hey everyone, I've been vaping my 510 for a few weeks now and thinking of upgrading. I would like to get away from the cigarette look and I'd like longer battery life. The TH on the 510 is good enough for me as long as I'm using PG or a high nic VG. I have a PT for my 510 (the one without the in-line battery) that puts me at 5V right? If so, I wouldn't mind a PV that has the option to change voltage. Ok, that is all I can think of right now. Let's hear about the best new PV for me. Thanks!

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
IMO the Super 6 would be the best. It has the capability of 3.7 and 6.0 volt with just a change in battery. It is one of the smallest mod on the market in both weight and width. It has a solid metal switch (not one of the little black things that breaks). It comes in brass or aluminum with whichever adaptor you want. It is solid made and very dependable. It produces great vapor and TH both at 3.7 or 6.0 volt. So far it is my favorite PV. (its even better than the 510)

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Not very experienced about these things but I used a 510 for over two months. On the advice of a forum member I got a chuck. Actually I got two, a regular and a little one. The regular one gives you the option of 6v or 3.7. The little chuck is 3.7 only.

I vape mine at 3.7...tried the 6V, like it but need to fine tune it and probably go the direct drip route, so that is for another day. Even if I never go to 6V, I am glad to have him. I still can't decide which I prefer better, big or little.

I had every intention of using my 510 attys. Best way to order is with a 510 fitting but get the adapters. I decided to try cartomizers and love the simplicity and consistancy of them but my 510 stuff will still be able to be used.

I've had it for one week today. Love the thing and I am five days with no analogs whatsoever because of it. I don't ever see myself going back to a basic battery pv. The fun added plus, no one has one like it. The customized graphics make it even more of a hoot.

It does take a while to get but worth every moment!

Edited to add on the batteries....I am the worst battery student, I've been schooled over and over but only retained enough info to get my batteries ordered and use the ones I have but there is a whole thread dedicated to chucks and batteries in the Thagbuilt vendor section of this forum and there are a few members who can answer all of your battery and voltage questions and then some.

Last edited:

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
I'm going to save you a bunch of money $$$$$$. Go with the XHaler. I can't say enough good things about it. You can go 3.7, 5, 6, and maybe 7 something (too high). I use it at 5 and I could not be happier. I just could not be happier!

I have "others" that maybe/kinda work, not for me. And I have 6V only mods, way too much, you can burn up your equipment too fast.

Don't waste time or money, just get the XHaler. If you don't like it I'll buy it from you.

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
If you are looking for versatility as far as voltage, I can't say enough about the Chameleon from Ikenvape, if you want better performance at 3.7 I really dig the Provape1, also with the rumored 5v PT the PV1 is pretty solid.

Good advice but the XHaler gives you the 3.7 plus the 5 and 6.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Hey everyone, I've been vaping my 510 for a few weeks now and thinking of upgrading. I would like to get away from the cigarette look and I'd like longer battery life. The TH on the 510 is good enough for me as long as I'm using PG or a high nic VG. I have a PT for my 510 (the one without the in-line battery) that puts me at 5V right? If so, I wouldn't mind a PV that has the option to change voltage. Ok, that is all I can think of right now. Let's hear about the best new PV for me. Thanks!
Not necessarily. You'll need about 2.4A to drive a Joye atty at 5V.

wood_510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2009
Georgia(US)
There are a ton of mods out there that give you these options. I prefer the GG telescopic storm and I just bought a super 6 from super T manufacturing. I like the mechanically operated PV's so there is less to fail and cost you more money. they are a little more money up front but they last a long time. Just my .02 cents.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I have a lot of mods and I use the Chuck with a 18650 battery around the house. 3.7v. 510 atty,, works great,,

I would suggest whatever mod you get, get one that doesnt use a proprietary battery, They are expensive to replace, imo.

Get something that uses at least a 14500 battery or larger, 3.7v is fine.

I use a GLV for 5v with a 510 atty.

Indulgence for 3.7. small lightweight and pocket friendly device from eastmall.net

Chuck you can see at thagbuilt.com

GLV at greatlakesvapor.com

There are many more I own but just look around. Others here have made good suggestions to you also.
6v is too hot for me. I dont like hot vapor.
5v is very good...
3,7 is great too..

Good luck in your quest.

SaltoftheEarth

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Texas
I would highly recommend the Silver Bullet. You can vape at either 3.7 or 6 volts on the silver bullet, depending on the batteries you use. I have yet to read a negative review of the Silver Bullet. It is a rock solid unit with top notch craftsmanship.

If you wanted to go with something smaller, I would highly recommend the Janty Ego. I carry this around when I need to travel a little lighter.

IMO just about every vaper should have both of these devices, but a lot (probably all) of the others that have been recommended in this thread are also high quality devices. I am just very much a fan of the ones I've recommended. They rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread