Status
Not open for further replies.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I did it. I really did it!

With no plan and no set quit date, I spontaneously decided to see how long I could go without smoking if I gave it an honest try with my e-cig. And it's now been a whole year. Not a single cigarette since then, not even a puff.

Do I miss it? Yes and no. I don't miss cigarettes at all, but I do miss who I was as a smoker. I know it's easy for some people to switch over to e-cigs, but that was not the case for me. Well, it was and it wasn't. Not smoking was actually much easier than I expected (yay ecig!). But the toll it took on me in other ways was much worse than I expected.

I felt physically awful for many weeks and just when I started to feel better, depression hit hard and stayed with me for months. I finally came through the other side of that a few months ago, but I still don't quite feel like myself. Some days I do, some days I don't, but it's a process and overall I'm doing fine.

And I'm still not smoking. :)

MrsJaaxx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
www.juicyliquid.com
Congratulations to you!

The following are the benefits of quitting smoking that follow are in accordance to the timeline before which the smoker has quitted smoking like:

* After 20 minutes - Smoking causes increase in blood pressure. This high blood pressure is very harmful as it increases the danger of heart attack. But as soon as we quit smoking the risk minimizes and blood pressure rate becomes normal.
* After 8 hours - Nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in the blood are greatly reduced; oxygen levels in the blood return to normal. The chances of a heart attack start to fall.
* After 10 hours - Carbon monoxide (CO) level becomes half after 10 hours of quitting smoking. Carbon monoxide is one of the major pollutants that produce bad effects on cognitive skills and health. It also affects the oxygen, which is one of the most vital substances, which are necessary for survival. When the carbon monoxide level is high, it decreases intake of blood from lungs, which can lead to many serious problems. We increase our energy levels by smoothing the passage of oxygen as we restrict the carbon monoxide level by quitting smoking.
* After 24 hours - If you successfully completed 24 hours, it is a marvelous starting, for the chain smokers that provides them strong bearing power, less level of tiredness after exercise and quick recovery.
* After 48 Hours - When move to 48 hours from one whole day, it gives us a totally new experience as nicotine is removed from their body, which earlier has resulted in bad side effects by causing stomachache, vomiting and it also develops the probability of hypothermia.
* After 72 hours - Bronchial tubes begin to relax; energy levels increase. Breathing becomes easier.
* After 2-22 weeks - After 2 to 22 weeks of quitting smoking you will get rid of bad circulation and also of numerous other disorders like slow cold feet, skin healing, peripheral vascular disease (PVT), and Raynaud’s disease.
* After 1 year - After you quit smoking for 1 year, you will reduce the risk of heart attack to half. According to the studies conducted in U.K, smoking results in around 20,000 deaths due to heart diseases (Smoking and Heart Diseases).
* After 10 years - After reducing the danger of heart attack our good habit of quitting smoking results in minimizing the danger of lung cancer to half.
* After 15 years - After 15 years person who once was chain smoker leads a healthy life as a normal man who has never smoked. At last the good habit has repaid back.
(taken from here: http://www.stop-smoking-tips.com/benefits-quitting-smoking.html)
Now that feels good!

Last edited:

solaar

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Congrats! It's an amazing feeling, isn't it? :)

I bought my last pack of analogues on the 1st of October 2009 and never finished it! Something that would have never happened before in over 30 years. My first PV starter pack arrived the same day. That's why...

It was much easier for me than I had expected. I must admit that I had a couple of nice Havanas since then but I suppose I'm excused when I say it was with a bunch of old mates over a good bottle of brandy ;)

Stu

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Queens, NY
Congratulations! My one year milestone was Sept. 29th! It really is amazing to me how easy it's been. I think the longest I was able to quit before the pv was a few agonizing months. The funny thing is that I always thought that even if I quit, I'd always be fighting the urge to smoke. But that's just not how it is for me. I think that's amazing!

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
Thank you all for the kind words and I send some congrats right back at you all!

solaar - I actually had seven packs at the time that I quit, but I eventually gave them to a neighbor. I still have the partial pack from the day I quit, though.

stu - Same here! I thought that when I quit I'd always want a cigarette. But I don't. It doesn't bother me to see people smoking or even be around people smoking. I get no urges because my ecig takes care of me just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread