OMG---- I made it a Year!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steef

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
Texas
Hello to all my Fellow Vapors!!!!!

Well today is the day I made it a year without analogs.. This milestone has been made possible due to the use of E- Cigs(I'm still using my original EGO)
and my AWESOME support group here on the Forum!!!!!:2cool:

As I look over the events of this past year, I realized a few things that I went through to get to this point....

Day one, Week One, Month One, Month Three: These are what I feel were points where keeping off the Logs were most important!!!
From the Start, EGO never left my hand: Vaped it every waking moment.... After a week I started cutting back. Did not feel I needed to hit the thing so
much to get my fix.... At the end of the month I had thoughts of having an analog come across every couple of days but the thoughts went away after a few moments and continued about my day without issue.... To me, this was the worst. Was I going to have these issues for the rest of my life...
Would I ever get this feeling to go away after a while.... I did not feel I would ever not want a analog ever again...:blink:
Month three seemed to be the best for me, Did not have any desire to smoke an analog at all... The "thoughts" went away, I could see a pack of smokes and not have any reaction to passing by them without feeling I was missing something.....:glare:

Months Six through Now!!!!

When I started this venture I was pretty much an outcast @ work for using my PV... They knew I was "smoking" but what was it.... Since it looked like smoking I had to sit in the smoking area and looked the fool for even thinking of using such a devise....Blew most of it off as I saw the hand writing on the wall when rumors of a smoking ban were being leaked @ work around July. Sure enough, the news came down,,,, A smoking ban would go into effect Nov 17th of this past year... BUT,,,, E-Cig would be allowed!!!! Guess who's Popular now!!!!!

I've rambled enough, I don't like long reads so I'll close this up!!!!

I still vape heavy!!!! Not because I need to...."OMG my Batty is Dead" is not an issue!!! I do it because I enjoy it.... I'm currently the vaping expert at work..... I have too many converts to mention to my credit... I was able to help someone start their own E-Juice business to which is a crowning moment for me!!!!

DAD, I've been SMOKE FREE for ONE YEAR TODAY

THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU ECF

Good Vapes~~~~~~~~:vapor:

Steef

sarsi

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
Cincy area, OH
CONGRATS!!! I came on here just to say that, but after reading your post I also have to say THANK U! Thank you for your inspiration to us noobies. I am still taking it slow but determined to make it work. If it were not for the people and all the help on ECF, I do not think I would have made it this long. People like you inspire me to continue on my path!

Steef

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
Texas
Now that's inspiring!!! Congratulations on your one year anniversary Steef!!

When you have time, please share some tips on how you successfully converted others along the way?

I have tried coaxing two people into using ecigs but both are still smoking, so I could use some advice.

Hi Gloria, Thanks so much for your kind words!!!!

Ya know that seems to be the question I'm not really able to answer.... Some of the folks I've converted went "Full Throttle" while others seem to be holding back!!! Yet I do understand why!!!!

For me personally, I needed to quit: My BP was going outta site. Heart disease runs in my family... And due to the hours I work, I was smoking up to 12 hours or more a day,,,,, and feeling it!!!! I had been using a 510 model for over a year off & on but would not go over to the e-cig full time due to the battery crapping out. I did get the XL battys and thought it was almost there if they were to last JUST A LITTLE LONGER!!!! Then the Ego came my way last Christmas thanks to my Sons... I hit that a few days and I stated to my better half: I could quit smoking with this!!!!! She quit buying my smokes for the remainder of the year... After spending $14.00 on two packs,,,,,, I went full time on the EGO...... IT WAS NOT EASY!!!! Had the thing in my hand for three days.... Even took it to bed with me..... Finally after a week(Including the start of the work week) I was feeling better about the decision I made to go with the EGO..... Did not seem to need it after having in my hand all the time!!!! This is what worked for me..... Yes,, I pester a few but not all....Have had good results as long as they know I'm there to lend advise, juice supply and where to find hardware when they need it.... And Lastly and Most Important,,,, The support group of friends here on the forum... Just go back and read the post in "OMG Its Really Bad" and you'll see first hand what worked for me!!!!!!

Stick with them, Support them, Be the "Go To" person when they need support!!!!

Good Vapes~~~~~~~

Steef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread