Once again on the hunt for juice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWolf

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Orlando, Florida, United States
I go DIY as well. I have this delicious menthol tobacco recipe if you would like it, feel free to adjust it to taste and try to mix it up a bit, it has plenty or room for a couple subtle flavors.

The core is 15% of tobacco flavor from Flavor Apprentice (I like the Tobacco Absolute in alcohol), about 5-10% Loranns Chocolate (or Chocolate Hazelnut). .5-1.5% menthol in grain alcohol from Flavor Apprentice. I usually like to mix a small amount of other flavors in as well (in the 1% range) such as clove, some other non-perfumey tobacco flavors such as Flavor West Maple Rum Tobacco/Chocolate Tobacco), some hazelnut/macadamia nut.

Last edited:

cvdet

Mar 28, 2011
Detroit
I go DIY as well. I have this delicious menthol tobacco recipe if you would like it, feel free to adjust it to taste and try to mix it up a bit, it has plenty or room for a couple subtle flavors.

The core is 15% of tobacco flavor from Flavor Apprentice (I like the Tobacco Absolute in alcohol), about 5-10% Loranns Chocolate (or Chocolate Hazelnut). .5-1.5% menthol in grain alcohol from Flavor Apprentice. I usually like to mix a small amount of other flavors in as well (in the 1% range) such as clove, some other non-perfumey tobacco flavors such as Flavor West Maple Rum Tobacco/Chocolate Tobacco), some hazelnut/macadamia nut.

If i go the DIY route i will try your mix

mechanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Costa Rica
www.mechanus.org
If you want to experiment before jumping into DIY, ECBlends seems to be a good option to test out (relatively cheaply at that) any combination of flavors, strengths, and mixes you'd want. I made a mix that was 1.5x menthol with peppermint, spearmint and, wintergreen, double flavor. It's steeping right now, but I can smell the mint through the double sealed bag.

That being said, I do like Dark City Vapor's Extreme Mint a lot. It has that strong menthol kick but still is slightly sweet.

JamesJr7

Apr 24, 2012
North Carolina
I see that you are looking for a nice menthol liquid! The best one that I have come across would be Ice Menthol from Smokeless Image. This has a very nice, strong, and crisp menthol taste! Here is their link:
Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Ice Menthol - 30ML Bottle - Refill Liquid

I also highly recommend Vermillion River. I like their Minnesota Menthol, but it has more of a tobacco taste to it.
Their link: Minnesota Menthol

Both sites have coupons floating around! A quick Google search will pull them up! I know Smokeless Image has a 15% and 16% one out.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
If you want to experiment before jumping into DIY, ECBlends seems to be a good option to test out (relatively cheaply at that) any combination of flavors, strengths, and mixes you'd want. I made a mix that was 1.5x menthol with peppermint, spearmint and, wintergreen, double flavor. It's steeping right now, but I can smell the mint through the double sealed bag.

That being said, I do like Dark City Vapor's Extreme Mint a lot. It has that strong menthol kick but still is slightly sweet.

Do you know of any sweet minty flavors with just a tad of menthol or no menthol at all. I've tried about 20 different Spearmint's/Wintergreen's from various companies and so far I only found one I liked.

FsckCigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
PA
Do you know of any sweet minty flavors with just a tad of menthol or no menthol at all. I've tried about 20 different Spearmint's/Wintergreen's from various companies and so far I only found one I liked.

Have you tried Madvapes' Minthol ? Might be in the ballpark of what you're looking for. It's quite minty and actually not menthol enough for my tastes, more remiscent of Wrigley's Spearmint gum (I add some nicvapes menthol to suit my preferences). One I'd recommend trying, if you haven't yet.

Last edited:

FsckCigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
PA
Once again on the hunt for juice!!!I'm haveing trouble finding a good menthol liquid. I have tried Virgin Vapors, Halo, Totally Wicked, Alien Visions to name a few. The thing is they all have that perfume taste.Any one have any suggestions on good liquids.

For "I just want some damn menthol" days, i find that Dekang Menthol or Nport in 18 or 24mg really does the trick...it just does what i want it to do. I'm also a fan of Bluemist's Smooth, which is a more complex flavor.

mechanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Costa Rica
www.mechanus.org

Haven't tried any "just mint" flavors yet. I'm a little partial to that "coolness" from the menthol additives. You could try just a peppermint/wintergreen mix from ECBlends with no menthol and see if that tickles your fancy. I have a small "peppermint" flavoring bottle here at hand, but no PG/VG base to mix it with to test it out. Might still not be what you're looking for, though - it smells more like those after dinner mints than anything else.

CrazyCatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Near My Coffee
Have you tried Madvapes' Minthol ? Might be in the ballpark of what you're looking for. It's quite minty and actually not menthol enough for my tastes, more remiscent of Wrigley's Spearmint gum (I add some nicvapes menthol to suit my preferences). One I'd recommend trying, if you haven't yet.

I am looking for a new menthol as well. I have vaped MV Minthol and nothing else since December 2011 but something has changed with the 16mg. It now tastes like 100% spearmint gum, not menthol. The entire vape is a sweet spearmint flavor..barf! I really hate sweet vape tastes. I use to smoke Newports so I really want that menthol hit and my current juice use to have that. Not sure what has changed but I don't like the flavor at all. So I am looking for menthol flavor premix or DIY recipes. I think I will be better off with DIY so once I have what I like, I can keep the flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread