• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

***ON TOPIC***The Emerald City Cinema

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Almost afraid to admit I know who they are...

Does anyone else have those days where you sit and watch the old classics in black and white?
laynies......I just love halloween time...I think that whole week for me is in balck and white!.They just don't make them like they used to!:)The Wiz!

AIRPORT (1970)(Flew for the very first time after seeing this movie. I was 10 and scared as hell!)

twister

The Day After (ABC made-for TV)

And these two which some like and some don't, they are a bit cheesey...

Armageddon (LOVED Steve Buscemi in this)

Deep Impact (Plausible Government response....although I don't think we would get as much notice as they did in the movie.:p)

I agree with you on Deep Impact - but I don't think our Government would give us ANY notice - they'd just squirrel away those they wanted to save (Secret Service in the middle of the night abductions) and complete denial to the rest of the General Population (wouldn't want to create a panic). Unfortunately, they'd include key members of Congress in the mix.

Armageddon was also good - my favorite line "They find oil on Uranus?"

How could I forget twister??? :D

Anybody see another TV disaster called Catagory 6?

History of Cheese????What will they think of next???...The History of Milk?.LOL..:)The Wiz!

Not in my market - we've got the DiVinci code decoded and something on Angels & Demons....

:( No cheese for me tonight - just going to have to nibble on the curtain

Vicks......Mrs.Wiz said I couldn't go until I took care of my around-the-house work!...so no!(next week)I may be the boss of The Emerald City....But at home I am just the hired help..lol..:)The Wiz!

Spending too much time on the forum when you should be doing the housework? Shame on you, Wiz....:D

then again, I'm not one to talk.....for I have heard the "Cool, I stick to the floor!" line out of my sons. 8-o

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Vicks......Mrs.Wiz said I couldn't go until I took care of my around-the-house work!...so no!(next week)I may be the boss of The Emerald City....But at home I am just the hired help..lol..:)The Wiz!

my husband went to one of those seminars for the workplace,
the woman running it was extolling the virtues of being
confident and assertive in your job, then she asked.....
who here is confident enough to have the last word.....
my husband replied, I always have the last word.....
she said really... he said yes, it is always ...
Yes Dear !!!! 8-o

Queen I used to watch it a few years back.....when Taylor Hicks won...but since then no...I am sad that Lost is over for the season!:(The Wiz!!

AND - they blew up the island?!?!?!?!
AND - they killed Jacob...

WTF is up with John Locke?

Inquiring minds want to know!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
AND - they blew up the island?!?!?!?!
AND - they killed Jacob...

WTF is up with John Locke?

Inquiring minds want to know!
1.The Island is not blown up!
2. Jacob is not dead!
3. Locke is dead...That was the spirit of Jacobs companion that was on the beach looking at the ship with him!
Hope that helped put you mind at ease Vicks, until next season!..LOL..:)The Wiz!

1.The Island is not blown up!
2. Jacob is not dead!
3. Locke is dead...That was the spirit of Jacobs companion that was on the beach looking at the ship with him!
Hope that helped put you mind at ease Vicks, until next season!..LOL..:)The Wiz!

And next season will be their last - man, they have a LOT of loose ends to tie up to finish this mad adventure.

I know they talked about starting to tie things up this year, but for every end they tied up, they loosened 3 more.....

I don't want to wait until FALL!!!!!

And, to continue on Lost - is anyone still upset at the writers for killing off Charlie?

Yes, I know he's been dead a while, only came out to say "hi" to Hurley, but man! I liked Charlie.....I ALMOST stopped watching the show because of it...

Now, do you think there's any chance they're going to start tying things into some weird ancient Egyptian cult thing? They do have styling of that type in Jacob's temple, and don't forget he was standing in front of that statue in the last episode......you didn't see an Egyptian headdress, but the figure was holding an Ankh.

I'd be disappointed if they did that, in a way, but thrilled in another.....I've been hooked into anything having to do with Egypt in the time of the pyramids since I was a kid, and it's never worn off (I've even written at least 1 short story entirely in that time frame, alluded to it in many others....)

But I'd also be disappointed, because Hollywood has done that angle to DEATH.

Thoughts....anyone? Speculations on where our Lost Islanders are going to end up...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread