• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

***ON TOPIC***The Emerald City Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Are you sure the Wiz has totally stripped you of your powers, Bite? Go ahead, declare something....I dare you! :D

I've been kinda lurking around the last couple of threads he posted in <I actually had to go visit his member's page......ewwww>

I'm guessing what finally happened is in 2 threads - he went into a SD review and started cutting up, like he usually does.....that thread got closed.

Then, there was another thread about reviews, and possibly asking people to wait until they've had the product for a while before praising and/or bashing it - he showed up again, typical DW style, there was one comment that got deleted with a reason of "facist rant" attached to it.

I'm guessing at that point (there are no other registered posts for DW after that) it went to PM's and hostility ensued.

That's the extent of my "investigative reporting" skills.....I'll just stick to opinions about the "evils of the dungeon" and the "green-skinned harlot" of EC.
Thanks for doing some digging. I also saw the second thread you mentioned. I stopped reading it after certain individuals showed up and got sick of reading the striped comments. I backed out of it. But that might indeed have been the one, in addition to the zillion others.

Nice to see you here tonight Vicks. Hope things are cruising ok for you tonight. :)

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
I also know that he was in the Janty sub-forum the other day and got into it againwith Ludo. He finally told astro flash to get lost in not so nice terms.
See it could be so many reasons. About time comes to mind. I know that infamous Sunday with Lucky and I, I was really struggling to stay composed and as professional as I could, but it was extra special when it came to his comments.

Thanks for doing some digging. I also saw the second thread you mentioned. I stopped reading it after certain individuals showed up and got sick of reading the striped comments. I backed out of it. But that might indeed have been the one, in addition to the zillion others.

Nice to see you here tonight Vicks. Hope things are cruising ok for you tonight. :)

Oh, I've just employed some defense mechanisms that I know are bad (in short, I've stuffed it into a mental bottle and buried it in the backyard) - which is how I've coped for far too long. I'm doing this to function. I know its not a good thing to do, but I refuse to whine anymore.....I was indulgent last night and this morning.

Simple admittance is first.....seeking help is second. Working with the councellor comes next.

I also know that he was in the Janty sub-forum the other day and got into it againwith Ludo. He finally told astro flash to get lost in not so nice terms.

I remember telling him, at one point during his endless rants in the Janty forum - to just be still, and stop picking fights.....he shot me a PM, trying to take things private.

I read the PM, said whatever, and deleted it. I've no time to indulge antagonistic mongers.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Oh, I've just employed some defense mechanisms that I know are bad (in short, I've stuffed it into a mental bottle and buried it in the backyard) - which is how I've coped for far too long. I'm doing this to function. I know its not a good thing to do, but I refuse to whine anymore.....I was indulgent last night and this morning.

Simple admittance is first.....seeking help is second. Working with the councellor comes next.
You're very right about the bottle. I called it stuffing it in the closet and slamming the door. Pretty soon the closet gets full and it starts leaking under the door at ya! Not good. I'm glad you are seeking help. That is the best thing you can do. If you find out that person isn't right, don't be afraid to get someone else. I wish I had done it far earlier than I did. I always thought I was strong enough to deal with whatever life threw at me. I was very wrong. Sometimes you have to learn to throw back! LOL

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
Ok, what did I miss??????

DW has been banned????

Anyone?

Yes I also heard that the jerk with the striped socks was banned. Made my day. I wanted to declare it a national holiday in EC but I don't have that power. :) (Hint, hint). I would love to know what particular thing caused it, since there have been multitudes, but apparently a lot of threads have been disappearing on the outside. Kind of a vanishing act so inquiring minds may never know the truth. But I'm satisfied with the end result. Would like to know if this is a permanent thing or a suspension.

Well...... the closest to that kind of a declaration that I can get is only gonna happen if Wiz goes to visit his sister again, and leaves Vicks and I in charge again. We can declare all kinds of stuff then!!!;)
Well heck I'll declare it a holiday here in EC!!

PARTY ON! :D

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Hi everyone. Ya'll pretty much know the type of posts DW is known for. Well, he was asked to tone it down, and instead got lippy with a mod. He's on a 7-day 'time out.'

Whether it becomes permanent or not depends on how he acts when he comes back. Don't plan a national holiday just yet.

Hmmm... is that Poppies?...

Why .... Yes......... Yes it is Poppies!;)

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Hi everyone. Ya'll pretty much know the type of posts DW is known for. Well, he was asked to tone it down, and instead got lippy with a mod. He's on a 7-day 'time out.'

Whether it becomes permanent or not depends on how he acts when he comes back. Don't plan a national holiday just yet.

Walrus.....You have hair now!!!...Been vaping the pepper juice again??:)The Wiz!

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID

Well he's definitely a pot stirrer. Quite good at it too. Some people just thrive on that. Pretty sad. Maybe his Momma treated him bad.

Hey Walrus, thanks for the update.

Love the new avatar (the changing colors one, seeing though you had a different new one last night!!!) You're making me dizzy, though - so stick with one for now, eh?

Poppies - yes, they are poppies, leading right up to the gates of EC. Imbued with a potent sleep-pollen.....Eeeeehehehehe~ keeps out the crazies.... Glad you found the back-way in, Walrus.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
  • Deleted by The Wiz
  • Reason: Outside Rant!
Hello, all you "gentle Emeraldites."

First - a warning - this ain't a light read, but an interesting bit of introspection. Necessary, as I know how much all of you enjoyed Emily Vicks, as well.

I feel it necessary to give an update on the prim-n-proper one. The short and skinny of it - I don't think she's coming back.....8-o

"Writing is easy, you just sit at the typewriter and bleed...." I don't know who originated this quote - I first found it in a creative writing class in high school - but its been with me for decades, simply because it sums up how I write.

My explaination has to start by giving you a brief dynamic of how I write. To make a character come alive on paper, It always starts simply, (the physical characteristics) but then gets increasingly complex as I start to grow the character. Sometimes, I start feeling what the character feels, or the character is changed by what I feel. Sometimes my subconcious comes into play, and the character develops independently - twisting the story into a different direction. Some of my best work happens in this situation - the character is a fully formed, living, breathing being in my head. This is why my emotional state is soooo very tied into my writing... in a sense, I (albet briefly) become my character, yet emotionally maintain the fine line between reality and fantasy, author and character.

Emily Vicks was created in the midst of my meltdown - and the force of her emergence was frightening. She didn't start simply, and I didn't have a hand in actually building her - she just burst forth, full of attitude and fully fleshed. As a character, she actually forced herself into me, the author - necessary, yes, as the emergence was part of what got me shook loose, but very, very disturbing in a real sense. I had visions of multiple personalities dancing in my head!

Now that I've taken the first necessary steps to getting some help, she's gone dormant, and I've really no wish to "re-awaken" the sleeping dragon...So......Miss Emily shall remain silent.

I will try to work on a different character for the Emerald City Post, as it really was a joy to write, but not just yet....as I want to get counciling started first and lay some fears to rest.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Miss Emily shall remain silent.

I will try to work on a different character for the Emerald City Post, as it really was a joy to write, but not just yet....as I want to get counciling started first and lay some fears to rest.

take care of you first,

then come to us for support,

we will be here to hold you up when you need a hand
we will be here to lift you up when you falter

in short, we will be here for you..........

much luv to ya..........

take care of you first,

then come to us for support,

we will be here to hold you up when you need a hand
we will be here to lift you up when you falter

in short, we will be here for you..........

much luv to ya..........

As always - the support is much appreciated - you guys are all fantastic friends!

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Hello, all you "gentle Emeraldites."

First - a warning - this ain't a light read, but an interesting bit of introspection. Necessary, as I know how much all of you enjoyed Emily Vicks, as well.

I feel it necessary to give an update on the prim-n-proper one. The short and skinny of it - I don't think she's coming back.....8-o

"Writing is easy, you just sit at the typewriter and bleed...." I don't know who originated this quote - I first found it in a creative writing class in high school - but its been with me for decades, simply because it sums up how I write.

My explaination has to start by giving you a brief dynamic of how I write. To make a character come alive on paper, It always starts simply, (the physical characteristics) but then gets increasingly complex as I start to grow the character. Sometimes, I start feeling what the character feels, or the character is changed by what I feel. Sometimes my subconcious comes into play, and the character develops independently - twisting the story into a different direction. Some of my best work happens in this situation - the character is a fully formed, living, breathing being in my head. This is why my emotional state is soooo very tied into my writing... in a sense, I (albet briefly) become my character, yet emotionally maintain the fine line between reality and fantasy, author and character.

Emily Vicks was created in the midst of my meltdown - and the force of her emergence was frightening. She didn't start simply, and I didn't have a hand in actually building her - she just burst forth, full of attitude and fully fleshed. As a character, she actually forced herself into me, the author - necessary, yes, as the emergence was part of what got me shook loose, but very, very disturbing in a real sense. I had visions of multiple personalities dancing in my head!

Now that I've taken the first necessary steps to getting some help, she's gone dormant, and I've really no wish to "re-awaken" the sleeping dragon...So......Miss Emily shall remain silent.

Vicks you are so talented we enjoy whomever is coming forth. We all love you immensely and I for one consider you an extremely valuable member of our little community. Always know we are here for you. All of us have our wires in disarray at one time or another. We will take you in whatever condition you are in, just like you take us. That's what friends are for. We will miss Miss Emily but just might love whoever takes her place even more!! LOL Just keep writing my dear, it's clear it is good for your soul and very good for all of us. You are the glue that keeps us intact.

Sending you a big hug from all of us!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread