On the fence...GGTS or Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2008
Fairfield California
As you all know...it's tax season...Woo HOO! I've been contemplating between a couple of mod's, and I'm stuck between a GGTS and a Provari...what are your thoughts...advice...suggestions? I already have some Ego's, Vgo's, a 3.7v Wetbox, 905's, 510's, 901's and 801's. I've been using the Wetbox and Ego with LR (1.5ohm) carto's as my main vape...looking for something new now.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
The GGTS offers: More Battery choices, longer overall life on most of those choices from charge to charge, its mechanical...which just means it breaks all the time but you can fix it yourself...and it has a nice design aesthetics to many...it also can vape just about every type of atty on the market (510/901/801) with the same head ...you can also upgrade to the avs juice feeder, but it will cost you. Has a nice subtle engraved logo on the side.

The Provari: Seems solid, adjustable on the go without changing batteries, seems to have many safety features, just uses one battery instead of stacked batteries. Is not as shiny but that just means you don't have to shine the damn thing once a week. Can read your atty resistance on the fly, plays mp3's (oh wait it doesn't do that), probably doesn't need 3 extra parts after you buy it to be as good as it can be. Has a god awful logo running down the side.

Did I cover all the bases?

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Albeit the GG is beautiful, its not Variable Voltage. Imeo sees how popular VV is becoming, but he is still not incorporating the simple technology into his units 8(

ProvariandMaptank.jpg

Provari and a MAP tank

superfrog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2010
North Virginia
I'm the proud owner of on of each. The GGTS, with the AVS, offers a lot of flexability with atty and battery combo's. Great looking mod to boot. Using one of TW's 510 battery extensions, you can even integrate an eGo tank without the hideous gap. The purely mechanical design makes it almost indestructable. Keep a good shine on it, and with the GGTS you'll be the life of the party! The GGTS also allows you to swap between different model attys, too.

The ProVari doesn't have the flexability with batteries that the GGTS has. It is also considerably heavier than the GGTS, even with the shorter battery. Good rugged design, the VV makes it a very solid all day vape as well as a good specialty vape. Works well with most 510 attys and most carto's.

As you can see, I had the same question. The only answer was, to get them both. Each has it's nich in the day. With the MAP, both rock (although you'll need an extender for the GG). I usually carry both with me, and either a slim or an Inferno on any given day.

IOU

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Laguna Beach, California
The GGTS offers: More Battery choices, longer overall life on most of those choices from charge to charge, its mechanical...which just means it breaks all the time but you can fix it yourself...and it has a nice design aesthetics to many...it also can vape just about every type of atty on the market (510/901/801) with the same head ...you can also upgrade to the avs juice feeder, but it will cost you. Has a nice subtle engraved logo on the side.

The Provari: Seems solid, adjustable on the go without changing batteries, seems to have many safety features, just uses one battery instead of stacked batteries. Is not as shiny but that just means you don't have to shine the damn thing once a week. Can read your atty resistance on the fly, plays mp3's (oh wait it doesn't do that), probably doesn't need 3 extra parts after you buy it to be as good as it can be. Has a god awful logo running down the side.

Did I cover all the bases?

Nice review Goldenkobold! :)
Not much to add to what everyone has said except, the VV is something really hard to beat. I love the GG's but you don't have the ability to hit those in between voltage vapes I find on some juices. Some of my tastier juices just require a lower voltage than 6+ and higher than 3.7 when running attys between 3-5ohm. The ProVari does this with no sweat.

Good luck with which ever choice you make seanmc. Both are top-of-the-line PV's in my opinion.

seanmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2008
Fairfield California
Wow, thanks for all of the great info! Looks like I'll go for the Provari first and maybe pick up a GG later. I do have a MAP tank that I gave up on, I'll see how it performs with the vari, wasn't too impressed with it at 3.7v. COV has the GGTS for dirt cheap now...who knows...maybe I'll pick both up! Haha...i appreciate everything...as usual, everyone here ROCKS!

flagreekguy

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Orlando, FL
GG is a mod that people obsess about because of it's beauty and craftsmanship. The mechanical switch and technology makes it just so sexy. It's truly like a pair of Jordan Sneakers. Everyone wants them because of the name and the craftsmanship. Where as the provari is probably one of the most innovative PV's out there right now. With a few button mashes, your going from 3.7 to 6.0volts. If your sweet spot isn't 5.0 volts but it's 5.4 you can get yourself there in a split second. Alternating the volts on the GGTS is not as versatile. If you throw a high ohm maptank on the provari (or get different ohmage sets for the map tank) you can alternative to your favorite heat.

I personally love the GG designs because of the craftsmanship.

But, in terms of overall vaping experience, id go with the provari. the GG's look isn't going to change the vaping experience, just the great look.

Plus, the provari isn't that bad to look at either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread