What should I get?

• Original Screwdriver. Can't beat the original!

• Screwdriver MK II. That button-cap is a must!

• eGo/Tornado. You've already got 510 stuff!

• Something COMPLETELY different!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Colburn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Marlborough, MA, USA
Howdy folks!

Ok ok ok, I told myself that I wasn't going to get a new device for a while. I've been vaping on my Protege for 3-4 weeks now and I'm very happy with it. But... I've got the collector's bug. More! New! Different! I have this horrible feeling that I NEED a new device.

So far I'm experienced with 510's and 801's. Keep this in mind, folks.

I'm torn between the Screwdriver (MKII) and the eGo. I know that if I get the eGo it'll work with all my 510 stuff. If I get a Screwdriver I'll have to get used to 901's, or get an adapter of some kind. I know they're both 3.7v devices. And they're both sexy as hell.

So, from users who have used both, which do you prefer and why? Even better if you own a Protege too, so you can compare and contrast them all.

Peace!

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I have no experience with the SD, but I did just get a TW Tornado, same as a Janty Ego.

I love it. 1 battery lasted about 6 hours of heavy vaping. I'm pretty sure you can get more battery life out of a SD, but I really love the size of the tornego.

Sorry, can't really comment on the screwdriver. I'm sure it's great, though.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well regarding batteries

The Ego batteries right now are like 650 Mah
The XXL batteries they are coming out with are supposed to be over 730 or 750 Mahs

The MkII comes with 900 Mah batteries

I have seen 1000 mah batteries for the original screwdrivers

The more mahs the longer the battery life.

MiloB

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Los Angeles, California
I've got 3 Screwdrivers (All 901 MK1's from Trog). If you were here a few weeks ago he just ended a 2 for 1 sale. I've also got 2 Tornado/Ego's. I use them both but have used the Screwdriver for the past year. It's my guaranteed daily vapor. Mine are all 901's but I do have an adaptor (costs about $5) which allows me to use the 510 atty's as well. If I were to have to choose just one, I would go for the Screwdriver. Also if you listen to the post above, go to Trog's site. If you buy from him you can get a screwdriver in Silver, Black or Gold/Copper in Classic, 901 or 510 configuration. Plus it's always better to get from the source. Contact him because if they don't already have it up, he is putting together a starter kit and will give you a good deal. Purchase is in British pounds but works out the same, throug Credit Card or Paypal and shipping from England is 4-5 days. I think Totally Wicked's shipping is 3 days, at least for me on the West Coast.

Besides, you can get a Screwdriver and since you use 510's anyway, just buy a $22 Tornado Battery and $6 cone from Totally Wicked and you've got a Tornado/Ego without buying the whole $80 kit. You will also need a charger adaptor which is like $2-$3 which will allow you to charge the Tornado/Ego battery on the 510 charger you already should have.

Hope this helps.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I don't know about these two either but I have a Super 6 and I love it. It is the smallest mod on the market and is 3.7 volts and 6 volts. I also ordered a cameleon and can't wait to get it.

I have a Cameleon and the passthrough, you will really like it Martha!

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
"just buy a $22 Tornado Battery and $6 cone from Totally Wicked and you've got a Tornado/Ego without buying the whole $80 kit."

That's what i did! Only, I bought the super fast USB charger for it. All in all (with shipping and 7.5% discount code) it came out to under $46. Should arrive today. Actually, USPS track and confirm said it'd be here yesterday. It never arrived, so i'm hoping today will be my day.

crmartin

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Western NY
"just buy a $22 Tornado Battery and $6 cone from Totally Wicked and you've got a Tornado/Ego without buying the whole $80 kit."

That's what i did! Only, I bought the super fast USB charger for it. All in all (with shipping and 7.5% discount code) it came out to under $46. Should arrive today. Actually, USPS track and confirm said it'd be here yesterday. It never arrived, so i'm hoping today will be my day.

If you do this and don't buy the charger, make sure you buy an adapter to be able to charge the battery in a standard 510 charger.

I love the eGo/Tornado, I also have a 905 (similar to the screwdriver). I much prefer the size of the ego, the 905's size to me is awkward.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
I've had my Mk1 Screwdriver for nearly a year. It has been completely reliable and trouble free. Now it is much cheaper than it used to be, and available in three colours and 901, 510 and 801 versions, it must be one of the most cost-effective vaping solutions around.

I also have Super Six, which is an engineering masterpiece and a wonderful device, but scarely a "cheap" option...

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Hmm MKI SD in 510. The MKI is smaller then the MKII in weight and size because of the battery. I have a MKII and a 2 MKI's and have used the Tornado. To me it's about how much batteries are going to cost me to replace and how reliable are the switches. The MKI is solid. So is the MKII, but 901 connector only, I had to add an adapter to use the 510, and the MKII starts getting big/long in comparison IMO. Sure MKI doesn't come with a button cover, BUT right now, Trog is offering a full kit and 1st 50 buyers get an extra body. It includes the lanyards and the carry pouch. I thought of getting it, just so I can get a gold one! There are button caps available that will fit also (just not for sale by them)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread