Status
Not open for further replies.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Sexual innuendos are used in adverstisements. Usually it just insinuates
sex by having a woman in a commerical for men's products. When companies use this sort of sexual advertisement it is still professional.

What TW did is in poor taste. A company should not lose their professionalism. Sex used in advertisement would be showing a sexy woman vaping an ecig., not a video like the one shown on their site.

Um, am I the only who remembers Herbal Essences commercials?

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
British humor!!! :2cool:

If it had been done Hollywood style then they would have been closer than 3 feet, no costumes, and definitely not on a subway with no other "people" around...where's the fun in that. :blush:

I think the reference to the "vaping date" was a little on the edge for me as we never even used the sentence "let's go on a smoking date" for the old cigs. Perhaps a "smokin date" but that would be yet another innuendo, probably not even including any vapor or actual smoke, and said with a different enthusiasm. :evil:

Companies get to define themselves thru their advertising choices. I did watch the gillette ad and those women do not use razors, obviously use wax. IMO

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
No wonder they are giving condoms to first graders. Yikes. Isn't anything sacred?

Deep Six the video Totaly Wicked.

...Could I please see a link about where/why they're giving condoms to first-graders? I'm pretty sure most 6-year-olds aren't even anatomically capable of having actual intercourse.

Also, I'd like to point out that teen (and sometimes pre-teen) sexual intercourse has been happening for all of time, and physical exploration ("playing doctor") is fairly common and normal in young children. This is not new. It was not caused by the media. It's how humans are.

And I also don't see how an e-cig ad on a website aimed at adults would impact that in any way.

As far as what's sacred, that's a totally subjective question that has a completely different answer depending on who you ask. So just because something is sacred to you doesn't mean it is to anyone else. And it also doesn't mean you're right and they're wrong.

If it conflicts with your ethics, you're free to deep-six it yourself. But if your ethics are that strict, I would think the devil logo would have been enough to alert you that this company doesn't share your definition of ethics.

miketr

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois (rural area)
Goodness, from the OP's comment, I thought, I have to see this! So I searched and found it. Here's an overview if you don't want to spend 2-3 minutes watching it.

tl;dw: A 90's video game quality rendered 3-D video of superhero costumed male and female characters standing still inside a "moving" subway train. They have a lengthy dialog about eCig batteries, liquid, etc., all couched in very obvious double entendres.

Here's the YouTube title: "Miss Wicked Gets a Mega Tornado": and it is video code J2tOuGrOfU4

And I think this totally wicked video is totally lame. I don't find it offensive, I catch the various obvious innuendos, etc. It is just not that funny. weak. I've seen much funnier material produced by complete amateurs. I can see this getting made and passed around internally, but who at TW thought this was worth putting up on their public site?

My final thought is: Meh. Not worth watching.

Last edited:

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
...Could I please see a link about where/why they're giving condoms to first-graders? I'm pretty sure most 6-year-olds aren't even anatomically capable of having actual intercourse.

Also, I'd like to point out that teen (and sometimes pre-teen) sexual intercourse has been happening for all of time, and physical exploration ("playing doctor") is fairly common and normal in young children. This is not new. It was not caused by the media. It's how humans are.

And I also don't see how an e-cig ad on a website aimed at adults would impact that in any way.

As far as what's sacred, that's a totally subjective question that has a completely different answer depending on who you ask. So just because something is sacred to you doesn't mean it is to anyone else. And it also doesn't mean you're right and they're wrong.

If it conflicts with your ethics, you're free to deep-six it yourself. But if your ethics are that strict, I would think the devil logo would have been enough to alert you that this company doesn't share your definition of ethics.

Veteran's Memorial Elementary School in Massachusetts approves condoms for elementary students | ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US

Wow. Well, color me surprised.

I have the biggest "WTF?" look on my face ever. Mostly because I can't think of any 6-year-old I've ever known who is doing, or even considering, anything close to sex. Even if they did, there are the aforementioned anatomical limitations.

What exactly is the point of doing that?

Although I don't really share their concerns that it will encourage first-graders to have sex. That part of their brain isn't "on" yet. Nothing could encourage them to have sex, realistically.

Mostly, it just strikes me as a bit absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread