Oklahoma: Gov. Mary Fallin signs executive order banning vaping on state property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jova3

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
El Paso currently
I just got this email today:
Bronchos,

In order to maintain a healthier campus environment, encourage healthier lifestyle choices and protect visitors to state property, Gov. Mary Fallin signed Executive Order No. 2013-43 prohibiting the use of e-cigarettes and other vapor products on all state property.

To be consistent with this executive order, Central’s Administrative Services has revised Central’s tobacco-Free Policy to include e-cigarettes and vapor products. This policy took effect Jan. 1.

The full text of UCO’s tobacco-Free Policy can be found on the UCO tobacco Free website.

Free quit coaching and other resources are available through the Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline by calling 1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-7669) or visiting www.okhelpline.com.

Looked it up and found this article.
http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=24292917&catId=112032

How am I just finding out about this? I was out of town that week visiting family.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Colleges are moving to ban vaping, also. Cigarettes are already banned on most college campuses, although the ones in my area have a designated smoking area next to the parking lot where students have to walk by on their way in.

I just read this article about how colleges are moving to ban. Much of the article talks about how there's little research that supports the claims that ecigs are safer than tobacco cigarettes. They talk about kids and how children could start vaping and thinking that there's no harm in ecig use.

It's almost as if the people who want them banned take pride in the fact that the FDA's official statement talks about how there have been few studies to show whether they are harmful or not. they always point to the 2009 case where the FDA found trace levels of carcinogens and some evidence of ethylene glycol in a sample. You'd think that wide spread use would indicate that the product should be exhaustively tested and a verdict published.

I find it amusing that tobacco companies are allowed to sell a known cancer causing product and ecig vendors are accused of having no proof of benign effects on health. It's almost as if they know the testing shows that ecig vapor meets the EPA standards for exposure to a long list of chemicals and don't want that information to be widely published.

WASHINGTON: As feds ponder future of e-cigarettes, some colleges move against them - National Business - MiamiHerald.com

I guess they don't believe the results of this study.
Peering through the mist: What does the chemistry of contaminants in electronic cigarettes tell us about health risks?

Last edited:

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Colleges are moving to ban vaping, also. Cigarettes are already banned on most college campuses, although the ones in my area have a designated smoking area next to the parking lot where students have to walk by on their way in.

I just read this article about how colleges are moving to ban. Much of the article talks about how there's little research that supports the claims that ecigs are safer than tobacco cigarettes. They talk about kids and how children could start vaping and thinking that there's no harm in ecig use.

It's almost as if the people who want them banned take pride in the fact that the FDA's official statement talks about how there have been few studies to show whether they are harmful or not. they always point to the 2009 case where the FDA found trace levels of carcinogens and some evidence of ethylene glycol in a sample. You'd think that wide spread use would indicate that the product should be exhaustively tested and a verdict published.

I find it amusing that tobacco companies are allowed to sell a known cancer causing product and ecig vendors are accused of having no proof of benign effects on health. It's almost as if they know the testing shows that ecig vapor meets the EPA standards for exposure to a long list of chemicals and don't want that information to be widely published.

WASHINGTON: As feds ponder future of e-cigarettes, some colleges move against them - National Business - MiamiHerald.com

I guess they don't believe the results of this study.
Peering through the mist: What does the chemistry of contaminants in electronic cigarettes tell us about health risks?
Well,maybe some of the prohibitionists are unable to read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread