E-cigarettes to be banned on state property under Oklahoma governor's executive order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Lubbock, Texas, United States

SteampunkPirate

Verified Member
Once more, we have uninformed Government officials making decisions based on no factual data. Before we know it, there will be trucks patrolling the streets with vapor sensors and violators will be beaten then registered by Homeland Security!

As a former journalist of 20+ years, it makes my skin crawl to read someone is against vaping because of the "dangers" of second hand vapor. Here we go again.... vaping is NOT smoking. The PR person for the State is a nincompoop. They did not even provide a source for the report. It's not tobacco! Every mass spectrometer study I've seen has shown no chemical byproduct endangering the public. I guess vegetable glycerin will have to be regulated by the EPA even though it’s in million of food products.

Give me a $%#@! break.

By the way, happy holidays!

Chance

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Once more, we have uninformed Government officials making decisions based on no factual data. Before we know it, there will be trucks patrolling the streets with vapor sensors and violators will be beaten then registered by Homeland Security!

As a former journalist of 20+ years, it makes my skin crawl to read someone is against vaping because of the "dangers" of second hand vapor. Here we go again.... vaping is NOT smoking. The PR person for the State is a nincompoop. They did not even provide a source for the report. It's not tobacco! Every mass spectrometer study I've seen has shown no chemical byproduct endangering the public. I guess vegetable glycerin will have to be regulated by the EPA even though it’s in million of food products.

Give me a $%#@! break.

By the way, happy holidays!

Chance

At least the government officials are acting out of ignorance and stupidity. Then there are the ECF members who agree with these bans and restrictions and view vaping as being the same as smoking. I have no idea what their excuse is.

jova3

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
El Paso currently
why does the title say banned under OK exec order, rather than on state property?? I hate clicking on threads that have false or misleading thread titles. I'm an okie and last year they shot down a bill trying to tax e-cigs. Not a bad state at all.

State property includes many public locations. Like my university campus.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

Laffs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Texas
Mr Phil, I found a 250+ page pdf file I found on DHS website by searching tobacco which lays out the plan for Texas.

There is a current pilot ban which specifically includes e-cigarettes at Abilene State Supported Living Center which began Jan. 1, 2014. They declared the grass outside the gates on all sides of campus as their property as well.

If no one fights it and wins, the ban is most likely going to be used at all 12 facilities. From there, to all State property I am guessing.

It is coming and once they've got that accomplished unopposed, it will spread faster and farther.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread