Ok.. one last question about the Xhaler & Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSayHuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Houston, Tx
I have used several kr808 cartomizers on my Xhaler by removing the 510 adapter the unit came with. All of my recent cartos are notched at the bottom so they are obviously the newer style. I did have a few that were not notched and that type would not work on any of my manual batteries, only autos. That being said, I have tried several notched cartos on my Xhaler and a few work but some do not, even though they all look the same to me at the battery end. These same cartos DO work on my manual kr808 batteries. I just can't get any airflow on the Xhaler even if I loosen the carto a bit. I really want to use my Xhaler with cartos and vape at 3.7v - I did receive my battery kit from Drew so now I just have to figure out this issue with the airflow. Does anyone have any suggestions?

** Edit: Instead of screwing the carto directly onto the brass tip on the Xhaler do I need this? http://shop.nhaler.com/product.sc?productId=82&categoryId=28

Thank you!

Last edited:

cfrazer

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
North Rose, NY
I have found that cartomizers are all different concerning airflow, some work without adapter while others do not. i have the adapter and it works but have found that now sometimes I am drawing to much air ( total loss of flavor and hit) the best way I found around this is to put the end of a paperclip in the adapters hole to reduce the air volume allowed through it. I just cut a paperclip put one end in hole and wrap it around the adapter to keep it in place. Works great.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
yeh cool his wife Sharen ( didnt spell it right not sure) is a wonderfull and such a pleasant woman. I wonder what she was like in her younger days. man now thats a match made in Heaven or she really is crazy about Ozzy lol.
ya know remember that commercial Ozzy made on a cell phone thing. i think it was it was easier for him to text cause no body understood him., i used to laugh my .... off. man i am laughing like crazy now as i type this. But i like Ozzy so i dont mean anything mean or anything. this is what happenned back then in the 60 s. but i nrever want to ever go back to that lousy time. i hated it. anyway Happy Vaping to all./ its time to refill some cartos. bet ya cant guess what im filling it with.
Ed dont say anything cause only you know. lol

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I had been screwing my cartomizers directly to the brass thread. After reading this I threw the adapter on.. So much better.

Great Luke and if you get too much air thru the adapter hole Drew came up with an idea to take a condom from the KR808 cart and cut off other side that is closed. now you have a rubber piece with 2 open sides. slide this condom over the hole and taht will stop the excessive air flor if it has excessive air flow. you can even adjust it by just covering half the hole to kind of adjust the air flow. That was a pretty good idea Drew had. some were using paper clips but his idea was much better. try it if your sucking too much air.
Happy vaping

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Hey Crash so you fill your cartos this way? i seen the video pretty cool. I must say it looks like it would be a mess but is it? from what i was reading no.
what cartos do you fill this way? on the forum it said some use this method but they insert the mouthpiece in, doe sthat work better?
man i am gonna see if i can fill my greencig cartos this way. very cool.
Happy Vaping

JustSayHuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Houston, Tx
I received the adapters and now the cartos are working much better on my Xhaler. I love 5v vaping but I seem to burn up the cartos too fast so I am enjoying the 3.7v configuration right now.
I agree with Crash, that particular refill method is quick and easy and seems to work great. I don't find it to be really messy although you have to shake off the battery end of the carto or wipe it off because a bit of juice gets stuck there. I haven't tried using that method with the mouthpiece end yet.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
Hey Crash so you fill your cartos this way? i seen the video pretty cool. I must say it looks like it would be a mess but is it? from what i was reading no.
what cartos do you fill this way? on the forum it said some use this method but they insert the mouthpiece in, doe sthat work better?
man i am gonna see if i can fill my greencig cartos this way. very cool.
Happy Vaping
YUP! I put 13-16 drops in a condom and put mouthpiece part of carto in slowly til its all the way in, tilt it and pull cartos from condom...no mess at all really and fills perfectly! Just wipe off and Im ready to vape!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread