Ok now that`s just plain cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Wow, what a pleasant surprise I got when I turned out the lights. This baby Glows in the dark. :thumbs:
Aluminum Tube Flashlight, 1XAA, 1 LED, Green

The rubber ring and the Button. Now how cool is that for locating it in the dark. Still working on this mod but I couldn`t not show this off. Wonder if the other two colors Glow? :w00t:

For those interested this is one nice Flashlight actually. And is going to be one sweet mod.

Picture5-2.jpg

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
The Glow Flashlight mod
Sorry to bring such an old thread up Hoogie and madvapers but I finally used it almost a year later. :blink:
And it still Glows

Really came out sweet.
A slight pain the way I did it but it should last well maybe forever or even longer.
I'm still going to touch up the JB weld along the switch and paint the end cap green rather then the JB weld showing all the time..

These Flashlight make a real nice mod for a 14500 battery.

TheFlashlightModthatGlows.jpg

And here is a view of the end cap.

TheFlashlightModthatGlows-2.jpg

samsmom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
I'd like to know also as I just ordered 3 of these to mod today!! What about the 300g tactile switch?? What Voltage do we need? TIA for any advice!

Ok I am wanting to make one of these, (will just use the black one) but confused about what switch to use, I dont really like the horn switch, but want one that wont burn out. any help? sorry for hijacking thread....

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Sorry I`ve been busy making a flashlight head for this mod.

Well here is a how to on doing this flashlight. Mine all 3 came apart into 3 sections but some of the feedback I`m getting is some don`t come apart in 3 but only two pieces. The same setup pretty much will work but getting the guts out would be harder perhaps. Also there is a good how too up at madvapes how to forum.
Here is mine at photobucket for now. Will post it in the modders forum later.

Glow Flashlight mod

You could use any switch along with a mosfet. I was going to go with a small one myself till I modded the horn style switch more low profile. Think madvapes also still carries a regulator that acts as a mosfet for small switches. Look up Nico-Drip V1 and my sister gets into the small switches and mosfet.

Well here is the link to it.
how-build-nico-drip-v1
Other then that I like the Horn style myself.
I`ve also painted the end cap now and this mod is finished The end cap is JB weld as shown in the above album.

Step21.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
I had a Blue Flashlight that I was using as a flashlight the battery ruined the switch and center piece on so I had this to make a mod with. Just wanted people to know this LED is holding up well on a 14500 3.7 volt battery. I figured after using it two days the battery would need charged well it only slightly did and was fully charged again. So I`m very happy with this mod myself. It`s very bright and is the brightest Flashlight I have now..

The Flashlight mod for a 510

FinishedFlashlightfora510.jpg

This is it hooked onto my Flashlight Mod

Step10FINISHED.jpg

The How to Album at Photobucket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread