OK, I think I'm gonna get one

Status
Not open for further replies.

ligyron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
Lake Worth, FL
NEVER have I seen such raves and customer loyalty in any product.

Despite the fact that I'm new and have never used a dripper or wrapped a coil in my life, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

In spite of all my reading here though, I'm still confused about whether to get a straight up Grand or LP Grand. Does the LP enable one to use about any bf rba devise now on the market whereas the straight Grand limits you? I've read where people modify larger bf's to fit the Grand, but I'm just wondering if the LP for a few bucks more isn't totally worth it to be able to use whatever. Can I do that?

I have no other attys but protanks and a nautilus but I'd love to buy the larger RBA's he offers like the 4 or 5 even for ease of build and potential heat sinking ability I guess, because I read that the little one's for the grand don't hold a lot of juice and get hot?

Maybe a longer drip tip helps?

So, one of the above, a few o rings some coil of whatever gauge (another story) and a multi-meter or resistance checker and I'm good to go?

Much thanks for any help provided and I can't wait to join you guys. Ya seem like a great bunch of peeps!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I'd advise you to get an LP Grand. Because yes you're right - the standard limits you to smaller size attys, whereas the LP allows you to use larger ones (AND smaller ones fyi, though they will look kind of strange on it). The standard advice to new REO owners is to get an LP REO (Grand or Mini - I recommend Grand so you can hold more juice, and if you switch flavors a lot, get several spare bottles (they're like 60 cents a pop)) and an LP Reomizer 2 (simply "LP Reomizer" on the website). The RM2 is easy to build on and has fantastic flavor. It's what I use.

Building coils and wicks is super easy on this thing. SUPER easy! You'll be a pro in like 10 mins :D

Welcome to Reoville!

*edit - if a Sloth can do this thing, anyone can!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
A bit more for ya - definitely get extra o-rings. Grab a repair kit if you can spare an extra $25 or whatever it costs - haven't had to use mine yet, many people here haven't had to use theirs even after a year of daily use. However, once you pop, you just can't stop with the REO - if anything minor happens to it you'll wish you had the repair kit for sure. I also got extra screws, an extra juice tube, etc but all that stuff can wait for a subsequent purchase if you're tight on $.

You do NEED a way to check resistance, very very important. If one of your other mods can do it, you should be fine (I use my MVP2 for this, and, ONLY this lol), otherwise I think they're pretty cheap at rtdvapors.com

Get some batteries, a good battery charger, and good to go! :)

Zeebadeeb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Michigan
If this is your first experience with a rebuildable atomizer and an APV you will need batteries (AW IMR 18650 1600 mAh are recommended), an ohm meter, kanthal, cotton, and I recommend getting pretty much all the little spare parts with your order, they come in handy. I would get 2 spare bottles, 4 of each 1x10 and 1.5x10 O-ring for your catch cup/atty connection, a spare bottle o-ring, a few spare springs for SURE, a set of magnets for the door (4), a pair of post screws for whichever atty you get, and an extra tube. They're all cheap and you'll be glad you have them. If you have any questions or need anything explained in greater detail you're in the right place. Nothing the people of REOville like more than converting an outsider.

Also, if your charger has a voltage display, you dont really need a multimeter necessarily. If you already have an APV of some sort that uses external batteries tell us what kind. Most if not all 18650 will work, but AWs are the favorite. If you want to use another battery it's best it's similar in length to the AWs because of the way the hotspring works. You don't want your battery to compress the spring all the way down because then if it does it's job (collapses in the event of a short, disallowing your battery to make contact with the top pin and thus breaking the circuit) it might not give way enough and you might still have a connection. You do not need protected batteries with a REO, AW IMRs are a safer chemistry battery and work great.

You might want to do your self a favor and just order 2. That way you'll save the shipping since you'll want another one an hour after your first shows up. :vapor:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
With your leaning towards the larger RBA's the LP Grand is the only way to go.

I agree with the LP Reomizer to top it.

For wire you might want to pick up the 28 and the 30 gauge. You will then be able to try both and see what you want to order in the future.

Get another spring. Just in case of a short. You don't want to have your REO sitting while one ships out.

You might want a button top. Many find it helps make the button more comfortable plus it looks GREAT!

A couple extra screws for the RM2 in case you lose one.

It might seem like a lot but it is always nice to have what you need if something goes wrong.

You will need the 18650 battery. The AW IMR 1600 mAh is recommended. Two will be good.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
^much better post than mine. if you've got the $ do everything this man just said, LOL! :) (Zee)

Oh by the way, I totally second the button cover suggestion. Also, I recommend eBay for very little when it comes to the vapeworld (don't trust it for most things related to vaping), but I highly recommend it for kanthal. You can get 100feet of kanthal of your choice in gauge for like $7.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
^much better post than mine. if you've got the $ do everything this man just said, LOL! :) (Zee).

Just FYI, nerak is Karen spelled backwards :)

Great recommendations here, not much to add except, do it quick! (You'll understand the first time you hit it ;))

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
NEVER have I seen such raves and customer loyalty in any product.

Despite the fact that I'm new and have never used a dripper or wrapped a coil in my life, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

In spite of all my reading here though, I'm still confused about whether to get a straight up Grand or LP Grand. Does the LP enable one to use about any bf RBA devise now on the market whereas the straight Grand limits you? I've read where people modify larger bf's to fit the Grand, but I'm just wondering if the LP for a few bucks more isn't totally worth it to be able to use whatever. Can I do that?

I have no other attys but protanks and a Nautilus but I'd love to buy the larger RBA's he offers like the 4 or 5 even for ease of build and potential heat sinking ability I guess, because I read that the little one's for the grand don't hold a lot of juice and get hot?

Maybe a longer drip tip helps?

So, one of the above, a few o rings some coil of whatever gauge (another story) and a multi-meter or resistance checker and I'm good to go?

Much thanks for any help provided and I can't wait to join you guys. Ya seem like a great bunch of peeps!

We look forward to having you be a part of this fabulous group. I promise you will love Reoville. Oh, by the way, we are hooples, not peeps!! LOL

Zeebadeeb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Michigan
By the way, I've never had a problem or complaint with the RM2 getting hot. I love mine. It's so simple. Just an easy single coil atty but it has amazing flavor and can produce some pretty heavy vapor. I vape 50/50 juice at 1.2 ohm through mine with the air hole drilled out to 1/16th and it's phenomenal. I highly recommend the RM2. It's the classic REO setup. Next REO you can get something else, but REO Grand + RM2 is just a classic top notch setup.

ligyron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
Lake Worth, FL
If this is your first experience with a rebuildable atomizer and an APV you will need batteries (AW IMR 18650 1600 mAh are recommended), an ohm meter, kanthal, cotton, and I recommend getting pretty much all the little spare parts with your order, they come in handy. I would get 2 spare bottles, 4 of each 1x10 and 1.5x10 O-ring for your catch cup/atty connection, a spare bottle o-ring, a few spare springs for SURE, a set of magnets for the door (4), a pair of post screws for whichever atty you get, and an extra tube. They're all cheap and you'll be glad you have them. If you have any questions or need anything explained in greater detail you're in the right place. Nothing the people of REOville like more than converting an outsider.

Also, if your charger has a voltage display, you dont really need a multimeter necessarily. If you already have an APV of some sort that uses external batteries tell us what kind. Most if not all 18650 will work, but AWs are the favorite. If you want to use another battery it's best it's similar in length to the AWs because of the way the hotspring works. You don't want your battery to compress the spring all the way down because then if it does it's job (collapses in the event of a short, disallowing your battery to make contact with the top pin and thus breaking the circuit) it might not give way enough and you might still have a connection. You do not need protected batteries with a REO, AW IMRs are a safer chemistry battery and work great.

You might want to do your self a favor and just order 2. That way you'll save the shipping since you'll want another one an hour after your first shows up. :vapor:

WOW! So many responses in so little time. Thanks guys, I can see this is the place to be.

So I'll get the LP Grand and most of what Zeebadeeb and Nerak said or what I can afford at this point after buying a pita vv/vw cause:

I've got 2 Sony 18650 VT5's on hand and a cheap charger that I had purchased along with my Inokin SVD which just got here 2 weeks ago.

The SVD promptly went into malfunction with the wattage unable to change and other issues so I sent it back for replacement. Looks like I should just save myself the trouble plus the $$ and got a REO in the first place right? Maybe I can use it for an ohm meter.

I'm not sure I can safely cram those VT5's in the REO, huh? I was worried about safety was why I bought them in the first place.

I really like the idea of buying well made American products when I can and this looks like one for sure. Worth the xtra bucks no doubt.

I just need to get some 28 gauge as I already have 30. Was gonna re-build Kanger coils.

Thanks again for all your advise and help. Now I can buy with confidence.

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
I kinda thought sloth was speaking of Zee's post and Karen happened to come between those two posts. Hey Ligyron my suggestion is don't buy A Reo just go ahead and buy two. Yer gonna love it here. If you have any questions just ask away we are here to help you find your perfect vape, after all we have.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Great decision and all wonderful suggestions to you. That is sort of what makes the reo people special. Always here for you. That alone is reason enough to buy a reo. I am relatively new (only 4 months) but after the first couple of days...............I knew I could stop searching for what would make me happy because I had found it. Can't wait to see the pics of your new baby. (hint, hint) Good luck to you and welcome to reoville.

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
WOW! So many responses in so little time. Thanks guys, I can see this is the place to be.
So I'll get the LP Grand and most of what Zeebadeeb and Nerak said or what I can afford at this point after buying a pita vv/vw cause:
I've got 2 Sony 18650 VT5's on hand and a cheap charger that I had purchased along with my Inokin SVD which just got here 2 weeks ago.
The SVD promptly went into malfunction with the wattage unable to change and other issues so I sent it back for replacement. Looks like I should just save myself the trouble plus the $$ and got a REO in the first place right? Maybe I can use it for an ohm meter.
I'm not sure I can safely cram those VT5's in the REO, huh? I was worried about safety was why I bought them in the first place.
I really like the idea of buying well made American products when I can and this looks like one for sure. Worth the xtra bucks no doubt.
I just need to get some 28 gauge as I already have 30. Was gonna re-build Kanger coils.
Thanks again for all your advise and help. Now I can buy with confidence.

Welcome ligyron,

Those VTC5's will work just fine (one of the best IMO). The REO Grand will take almost any 18650 battery. Just make sure whatever battery you use is rated at 20Amp or higher and comes from a reputable source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread