Looking for property in Reoville

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLR9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston
I will be buying my REO within the next week or two, and have a few questions to help finalize the decisions.

So far it is a toss up between the copper vein lp or tumbled raw aluminum lp grand.
I'm wondering how the raw alumni will look with the brass button cover and brass RM2, does anyone have a photo of one?
And possibly getting a brass door to go with it..
I plan to just use the RM2 or other bf RBAs, but if I tried using a carto or atomizer, would a drip shield help any or will it still leak?

Thanks in advance. Y'all have been a great help so far.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I don't really think a drip shield would help at all with possible leaks if you chose to use regular attys or cartos. I could be wrong, but wasn't/isn't a drip shield meant to keep a 901 from leaking out the side hole? The juice on a regular atty or carto would come out way down at the bottom, not the side. BUT...once you use an RM2 or other bottom-fed rba, you'll never want to use a regular atty or carto, most likely.

Last edited:

JLR9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston
Thanks for the comments so far. I think the contrast with the aluminum and brass will be good.

That's what I was thinking about the drip shield, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

Any recommendations on where to buy batteries from?
Going to order a couple and a charger before I order the Reo so they are ready when it gets here.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Yep, +1 on RTD. I've have 16 AW IMR batteries from RTD. Some are well over a year old and run perfectly.

It's key that you don't let them drop below 3.8 or at least limit it to a few accidents.

I also have a Nitecore i4 charger that I picked up oh, about 6 months ago from RTD and it also works great.

It's backed up by 2 Xtar WP II's. My first xtar died (or so I thought) but it was only the power adapter that died. Once i swapped it out with a different 1 amp adapter it worked perfectly.

But the panic that ensued made me realize that having back up chargers is just as important as back up mods / RBAs / juice and batteries :)

I have never had a copper vein. But I do have a silver hammertone and the color never changes on it. It's a killer choice :)

Here's a close up of it (I may have used the "clarity" filter on the camera app though :)

PJEAh1t.jpg

And a normal shot. Please excuse that black wrinkle door :) I always mix em up :)
e3ymumez.jpg

If you plan in using any factory RBAs / cartos you may wanna get a standard grand. They still take all bottom fed RBAs but you would have the catchcup to contain the feedings of factory bottom air stuff. An LP is more inclined towards those who only use RBAs or wanna experiment with modding large diameter drippers :)

Last edited:

JLR9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston
Thanks for the info super_X. I'll most likely only use the RM2 that I get with it, but like the idea to use other RBAs on the LP in the future if I want to. I was more just curious about how the drip shield worked with a cartomizer. I do have an IGO L clone that I haven't messed with yet and should get some supplies to practice building coils.

This might be a dumb question, but with it being a full mechanical how do you know when it gets down to 3.8v?

Also, does anyone use want2vape cigar flavors in their REOs? This is my primary flavor, as I got into vaping as an alternative to cigars since my wife has really bad asthma.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the info super_X. I'll most likely only use the RM2 that I get with it, but like the idea to use other RBAs on the LP in the future if I want to. I was more just curious about how the drip shield worked with a cartomizer. I do have an IGO L clone that I haven't messed with yet and should get some supplies to practice building coils.

This might be a dumb question, but with it being a full mechanical how do you know when it gets down to 3.8v?

Also, does anyone use want2vape cigar flavors in their REOs? This is my primary flavor, as I got into vaping as an alternative to cigars since my wife has really bad asthma.

You will feel the intensity of the hit weakening as the battery begins to deplete to a lower state of charge.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com

I use Alcazar and Blonde in mine constantly with no issues whatsoever.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Well the wife weighed in and helped make up my mind. I'll be sending Rob a pm for a copper vein SO LP Reo Grand with Brass LP RM2. Have to send the PM since the Brass LP RM2s aren't on the site right now. I'll make sure to post pics after I get it and look into getting a custom avi to replace mine.

I must have missed this thread. Welcome to the Ville, JLR!

If you didn't know, the copper vein finish will darken over time from body oils unless you put some kind of clear coat over it when you first get it.

What ever you decide on I guarantee it will look better than you thought it would! Feel free to hit me up for that avi when you get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread