Ok I didn't see this already anywhere so here it goes ...why does it seem all disposables have that ice/menthol hit to them no matter what the flavor

chubz.318

Feb 2, 2023
Monroe, Louisiana
So personally don't care for disposables think there a waist but I've tried to like them cause seems that's what we ARe headed toward but hate ice and methol or that cool hit and it seems like if you get just grape it's gonna be on ice or with That hit I don't understand the purpose in this

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
They're a waste. And yeah, someone else did recently ask about this. We don't know why disposables have a cooling flavor added, I guess it's what kids today like. If you don't like it, you certainly don't have to buy it. There's still literally hundreds of other choices.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I guess it's what kids today like. If you don't like it, you certainly don't have to buy it.
    Menthol is the new Super Sour :shock: Soon, you'll see it in most all candies.

candy-menthol.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Falconeer

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    So personally don't care for disposables think there a waist but I've tried to like them cause seems that's what we ARe headed toward but hate ice and methol or that cool hit and it seems like if you get just grape it's gonna be on ice or with That hit I don't understand the purpose in this

Here is a Like-Minded thread...

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    There are state and city laws that govern such things as well as federal, and that can affect what is available in a given place. In my case I live in the twin cities so have two different city laws to contend with that are not always the same. In one city disposables are totally illegal, while in the other disposables are not illegal but menthol is (the stuff apparently has issues). So in one city you see menthol cogarettes but no disposables while in the other you see tobacco vapes but no menthol anything. It all depends.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    Menthol is the new Super Sour :shock: Soon, you'll see it in most all candies.

View attachment 999999
    Menthol has been in candies for a very very long time. Commonly older brands of cough drops. A lot of people (including myself) find it nasty and medicinal tasting. I understand it is possible to suck on a menthol candy while smoking a cigarette to produce what is effectively a menthol cigarette though.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    I’ll buy a disposable if I forgot my vape and have to be someplace a long time. Last time I did that was at the MoA. It’s a really big mall, and I had to wait a while for the Apple Store. They’re not my favorite though because they’re so expensive. There was a Holliday store that had disposables though. I don’t remember if they were selling menthol or not. I bought a non-menthol though for like $12

chubz.318

Feb 2, 2023
    Monroe, Louisiana
    They're a waste. And yeah, someone else did recently ask about this. We don't know why disposables have a cooling flavor added, I guess it's what kids today like. If you don't like it, you certainly don't have to buy it. There's still literally hundreds of other choices.
    Not really around here it's getting slim and we bout to get hit with a flavor ban they just hit use with a 15cent pure ml nic tax it's becoming crazy

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    The menthol increases the throat hit. Essential for getting new vapers hooked on low powered, expensive and non user-serviceable devices.
    Next.
    Totally agree with this. Menthol adds another dimension to an otherwise dull flavoured e liquid.

Been vaping it exclusively for about 2 years now.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    I agree with the previous comments although I personally like menthol chill flavours, though I have never bought a disposable and am unlikely ever to do so.

As far as I know, disposables use nic salts which lack throat hit and suspect that is another reason why they add it.

When I was young in the UK there were several brands of cigarettes which were menthol favoured ("Cool as a Mountain Stream" was Consulate, the most popular brand's slogan ) and menthol cigarettes did appeal to younger folk.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    I agree with the previous comments although I personally like menthol chill flavours, though I have never bought a disposable and am unlikely ever to do so.

As far as I know, disposables use nic salts which lack throat hit and suspect that is another reason why they add it.

When I was young in the UK there were several brands of cigarettes which were menthol favoured ("Cool as a Mountain Stream" was Consulate, the most popular brand's slogan ) and menthol cigarettes did appeal to younger folk.
    Depends though it would lengthen shelf life so it’s likely.

D133b

Feb 2, 2024
    The menthol increases the throat hit. Essential for getting new vapers hooked on low powered, expensive and non user-serviceable devices.
    Next.
    That may well be (and I agree disposables are a huge step backwards), but my own experience is that a menthol/ice flavour can make a low nic juice taste like a higher nic juice. I have reduced my nic% dramatically since trying menthol ice. I think maybe the menthol (or ice component, whatever it is) tricks the brain into thinking it is stronger than it actually is.

I should add I buy and use menthol ice 3mg neat, other/stronger ice liquids hit me like an ice cream cone eaten too quickly and give me a bad headache. I was on 16mg before, so quite a reduction.

Edit> I also realise that as the ice flavours can mimic a higher nic content, they possibly encourage users to switch to non-ice higher nic juices which is not a good thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread