hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. Today I’m here to talk with you about the Aquios Bar that was sent to me by innokin in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. You might remember that last year I reviewed the Innobar which also uses the water based technology used in the Aquios Bar. The Bar is a disposable that has a puff rating of 600 puffs. However, just like innokin has shown us in the past with recyclable packaging, this one is a different sort of disposable that uses paper and cardboard and when depleted can be disassembled and recycled. The nicotine liquid contained inside is 20mg which I think is a much better choice than the 50mg I have seen in several disposables. As of right now there are 10 different flavors available. I have my fingers crossed that they don’t have the very strong menthol that I’ve been seeing in other disposables that I have reviewed lately. Let’s take a look at some specifications and I’ll give my opinion on the ones I was sent for testing.

JjDZrNA.jpg

d3arKjU.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

436Bd5p.jpg

FEATURES:

• Fully recyclable, can be disassembled by user
    • Contains 30% water for great flavor at lower temperatures
    • Nicotine per Dose: 81 mcg
    • Nicotine Strength: 20mg/ml
    • Coil& Resistance: 1.1 Ω Nichrome Mesh Coil
    • Battery Capacity: 450 mAh
    • Power Output: 3.6 V
    • Body Material: Paper
    • Manufacturer: Aquios Labs (Innokin)
    RK9TGBM.jpg

Zwxaida.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The Aquios bars come in a basic cardboard box that opens from either end. I find it interesting that instead of putting a bunch of branding on the front that instead they chose to put “Recycle Me” at the top of the box along with telling you that there is 30% water and 2%(20mg) nicotine. Of course there is the obligatory warning label on the bottom taking up a third of the front. Once opened you will find a paper pouch containing the Aquios Bar and a brief instruction sheet.

6FVSA4L.jpg

rYr9T7B.jpg

I was sent four of the ten flavors for this review. I was sent the Blueberry Bubblegum, Sunrise Ice, Peach Ice, and Iced Cosmic. The ten available flavors are listed below with a brief description of each.

9aGCeJw.jpg

Aquios Bar Flavors:

Blueberry Bubble Gum
    – A classic candy bubblegum flavor with undertones of juicy blueberries.

Blueberry Ice – Classic sweet blueberries with an added ice twist.

Grape Ice – A sweet and juicy grape flavor, a perfect all-day vape.

Iced Cosmic – A secret blend of sweet and sour fruits with a cool ice finish.

Mango Passion Ice – A tropical blend of mouth-watering mango and delicious passionfruit.

Peach Ice – A rich and bold peach flavor with a refreshing ice finish.

Sour Apple – A delicious and tangy blend of red and green apples.

Sunrise Ice – A smooth and delicious mix of creamy banana and juicy mango, with a refreshing ice hit.

Tropical Fruit Ice – A rich blend of tropical fruits with a cool ice hit on the exhale.

Watermelon Ice – Classic and delicious watermelon with a cool ice hit.

The 30% water content helps to produce great flavor at lower temperatures so less battery power is required. Besides this, the other main bragging point is that most of each Aquios Bar is recyclable besides the liquid chamber. Most of the body is made of paper and cardboard while the tip is made of a soft and flexible silicon.

gTqpRTk.jpg

9IIXyrw.jpg

The cardboard body is wrapped in paper with the Aquios Bar name printed on one side and the name of the flavor on the opposite side. The bottom of the Aquios bar has two small holes in the bottom that allow airflow. You want to make sure that you don’t cover these or it will keep you from taking a puff. The bottom also has a single LED light to indicate the battery level. It isn’t rechargeable so when it’s done, it’s done. Sorry about the fuzz on the bottom of the Bar in my picture. I have been pocket carrying it at work in order to see how it holds up to being transported on a regular basis. It has held up quite well besides getting a little fuzz in the mouthpiece and on the bottom. When you first open an Aquios Bar there is a rubber plug in the mouthpiece and a round cap covering the bottom. I should have kept those to put back on for pocket carrying. That’s your tip of the day. Don’t throw away the plug and cap.

1683293371201.png

N3uHTuC.jpg

XuTDxhT.jpg

depqM35.jpg

I sacrificed the Sunrise Ice in the name of science so you could see it disassembled for recycling. The first thing to do is remove the mouthpiece and the bottom cap. Then you can slide the contents out of the tube and recycle the tube. Next you will cut the wires going to the liquid chamber and dispose of it. From there I went ahead and cut all the wires going from the battery to the bottom cap although the video shows cutting only the red wire. I’m not sure the bottom cap would be recyclable since it contains a light inside. Now the battery can be taken to a recycling center and you are done.

1683293540379.png

1683293697197.png

1683293726153.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

The Aquios Bars have provided probably the best experience that I’ve had with any disposables that I have tested for review. The flavor production is very good. They are lightweight and can easily be pocket carried. I carried one in my pocket at work for about a week and it held up fine and weighs so little that it was hardly noticeable that I had it in my pocket. One other thing is with the 30% water content in the liquid it makes the vapor dissipate rather quickly so it would be good for stealth vaping.

It’s great that Innokin has continued their quest to make more environmentally friendly packaging and devices. The paper pouch that the Aquios Bar comes in is recyclable as well as most of the device minus the liquid chamber. I don’t know if everyone will take the steps needed to break them down for recycling but at least Innokin is offering that option with the Aquios Bar. There are so many disposables on the market that it’s mind boggling and I have yet to run into another one that is recyclable but there are tons out there that I have not and most likely won’t try. I’m not normally a disposable user but can understand the need for them to help smokers make the switch to vaping. The easier the better and it doesn’t get much easier than these.

I would like to thank Innokin for sending the Aquios Bars for this review and a big thanks goes out to the readers. I know a lot of people here on ECF don’t use disposables so it is very kind of you to take the time to read my review. Below is a link to the website as well as a brief description of each of the flavors I received for the review. They may or may not coincide with the provided descriptions from the manufacturer but as you know, everyone’s tastes are different. Also there is a video available that shows how to recycle the Aquios Bar and I have provided a link.

Aquios – The First & Only Water Based Vaping Technology (aquioslabs.com)

RECYCLING INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO:

Blueberry Bubblegum: I chose to try this one first simply because it was the only one of the three that didn’t have the word ice in the name. Of the disposables that I’ve tried in the past, the ones that are labeled “ice” are usually very strong menthol and tends to hurt my throat after a few puffs. The Blueberry Bubblegum quickly became a favorite of mine. It’s a sweet candy-ish blueberry flavor. I didn’t even notice it at first but there is a tiny bit of cooling agent in this one that really compliments the flavor. Definitely well done. I have tested Aquios disposables before and once again found the flavor very refreshing and with the 30% water it didn’t dry my mouth out like I sometimes find when chain vaping regular liquids.

SUNRISE ICE: I was a little nervous about trying the Sunrise Ice due to the ice name. I was pleasantly surprised. I honestly couldn’t tell what the flavor was at first. I knew it was some kind of citrus flavor but just couldn’t figure it out at first. After a little more use the next day I determined that I believe it’s a mango forward flavor with some other sweet citrus mixed in. It’s a good flavor and has about the same sweetness as the bubblegum flavor. The menthol or cooling agent is a little more prominent in this one but nowhere near over powering like I’ve seen in other disposables. It’s actually quite pleasant. The description from Aquios says mango and banana but I don’t really taste any banana. It could be just my taste buds as I don’t use any banana flavors.

PEACH ICE: The peach flavor in this one is very up front. I never use peach flavors but found this one quite pleasant. It is sweet like the other three I received but not overly sweet. The menthol is similar in strength to the Sunrise Ice flavor and is not overpowering. It just adds a slight cooling effect.

ICED COSMIC:
    The Iced Cosmic is said to be some sort of berry blend. I can pick up on that a little but it’s not overly obvious to me. I do detect some sort of berry flavor on the exhale but this one reminds me more of some sort of candy. The menthol is about the same as the above two flavors and is not overly strong.

wkK7eTi.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks for another good read Hitt. Think I will recommend these to my friend.
    Thank you. I hope your friend likes them.
    Reciclable disposables are the good direction of their evolution for sure.
    (Users of the) Regular ones are making a lot of mess.
    I agree and these are super easy to disassemble for recycling. I used wire cutters but the wires are small enough that you could cut them with scissors.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    It looks like they're actually making earnest attempts to make these products recyclable which is wonderful. Some of the companies I've seen that claim that their products are recyclable can't be taken apart so how are they recyclable You expect people to beat them with a hammer to get the battery out that doesn't seem safe. This one has clear guidelines.

Reactions: hittman

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I hate to be the naysayer here but how many users are actually going to take the time to properly recycle the vaping device?

To be honest i don't see it happening (at least in big enough numbers to make a difference) unless they come out with a plan like they did back in the day with glass bottles of soda.

Take it in your local recycling point and get a coupon or whatever for a future purchase,something like that could gain some traction.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I hate to be the naysayer here but how many users are actually going to take the time to properly recycle the vaping device?

To be honest i don't see it happening (at least in big enough numbers to make a difference) unless they come out with a plan like they did back in the day with glass bottles of soda.

Take it in your local recycling point and get a coupon or whatever for a future purchase,something like that could gain some traction.
    I agree. I think some might throw the tube and silicone ends in recycling but doubt that many will recycle the battery.
    Nice review Hitt!
    Thanks Bob! I hope you’re feeling better.

Reactions: bigbob2322

Users who are viewing this thread