Off topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
I'm envious of you guys with your seclusion!!! I'm right in town and like Bov said, you have to be careful that your shades are pulled at all times! YIKES!!!

The good news is that EVERYTHING (except seclusion) is 5 or 10 minutes away. Stores, Malls, Doctors, Hospitals, Restaurants, etc. it's all close by. Unfortunately though, so are the town idiots!!!! lol

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Yes, like Bov, do be careful.

Our weather here is nothing new, we are going on day 3 of heavy snow and have at least 24 inches, but it is likely more. I only threw out that number because this morning I asked the hubby how much snow he thought we had (I can't judge that stuff) and he said "at least 24 inches" but it has been snowing for several more hours!

I'll take our weather over others though, as 5card said we do not get Tornadoes. We also do not get earth quakes or hurricanes! The only real thing we have to worry about is the super volcano in yellow stone. I've been told if the Yellowstone Caldera blows, we are actually at the outer edge of the blast zone!
If the Yellowstone Caldera erupts it will be the end of this whole world more than likely. The amount of debris that will put in the atmospere and the poisonous gases will shut off the sunshine for yrs. You think it's cold now. I watched a few of the Science channels shows on that thing.

It's finished being naughty here. We're back to rain. I loved the snow in Montana. I can take cold over there because it's a drier cold but this wet cold goes right to the bone.

Last edited:

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
My place is nothing like yours though moo. I google mapped your town and saw the kind of boonies you guys live in. My 5 acres is kinda pitiful compared to 200 but I love it just the same. :)

The only thing it is is not "mine" I am squatting here. I picked a spot on my moms property and built a house. I am fortunate to have found such a beautiful place to squat where the land owner is not going to kick me off. But Technically I don't even own the home I paid to build because without a deed for the land, you do not own home!

If the Yellowstone Caldera erupts it will be the end of this whole world more than likely. The amount of debris that will put in the atmospere and the poisonous gases will shut off the sunshine for yrs. You think it's cold now. I watched a few of the Science channels shows on that thing.

It's finished being naughty here. We're back to rain. I loved the snow in Montana. I can take cold over there because it's a drier cold but this wet cold goes right to the bone.

Yes, it would stink for everybody if it blew... I guess what I meant was if it goes, I've been told we would die immediately! Not even a chance to try to be a survivalist!

We had some rain this morning but it was back to snow by late afternoon. When I go to Atlanta and it is 30 degrees all the people that live there can't understand why I'm cold, they all say, but didn't you come from Montana???

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
The only thing it is is not "mine" I am squatting here. I picked a spot on my moms property and built a house.

Yeah, well my place really belongs to Bank Of America and probably will until I'm too old to take care of it soo.....
Oh well, a home is about the living that goes on there anyway.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Yeah, well my place really belongs to Bank Of America and probably will until I'm too old to take care of it soo.....
Oh well, a home is about the living that goes on there anyway.

Yes, but I have to say sometimes I would prefer Bank of America over my mother. Bank of America won't complain if my yard is not kept up. And Bank of America doesn't expect to be invited when ever I have friends for dinner! But as I said all in all I know I am blessed and would not change the life I have in any way.

And I could not agree more, even when I lived in a little I room apartment right on Hampton Beach where people who walked by would look right down into our living room (we called it the fish bowl and the landlord did not supply blinds or shades).... It was is about the living that went on there and it was "Home Sweet Home"

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
That's the important thing moo. Other than recent physical stuff I feel pretty fortunate myself.

Through good times or bad, and I have been through both, there have been very few days I can recall as an adult waking up an not feeling fortunate. More so since I had children. They are both beautiful and wonderful so what is there nit to feel fortunate about. And now that my daughter has started dating and heading out into the world without adult supervision, I feel greatly fortunate every night she arrives home unharmed and in one piece.

I hear you with the physical stuff... my husband broke his back a few years ago. I was not feeling fortunate on the way to the hospital, but I think we both felt extremely fortunate on the way home. I thought up until then that when you broke your back you were paralyzed or worse, when the doctor said it was broken I thought the world had ended fortunately he was up and walking a month or so later.

How are you feeling? Hopefully you still feel as you are making progress and improving daily!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Wow. a broken back must be scary. He looks like he's moving around pretty good in those videos on your site though. Thank goodness. See? you guys are fortunate.

How are you feeling? Hopefully you still feel as you are making progress and improving daily!

Yeah, I am. I just didn't realize at first how much the whole experience took out of me. Last summer I was bicycling 15 to 20 miles at a time and kayaking through chains of lakes with my wife nearly effortlessly and since the heart attack I get winded walking a half mile. I'm not used to feeling like this.
I'm sorry, wha, wha, somebody call me a whambulance, right? :) I got a couple months before the bikes come back off the hooks. I'll get there.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Yes he gets around just fine now! He was up and around about a month after and fully recovered in about 6 months. His back aches now and again but it is hard telling if he just doesn't feel like cutting firewood or really is not feeling well :p But when the doctor said his back was broken it was the scariest moment of my life. I saw a future of wheel chairs bed pans etc. There were a few minutes that turned into something like a scene from a movie, where people were talking and moving in front of me but I couldn't comprehend it. So yes we are truly fortunate!

Heart attacks are no fun, but I have no doubt you'll get back to bicycling and kayaking and this will all be behind you. My grandfather had his first heart attack when I was thirteen, had heart surgery when I was 14 and went on to running three businesses, working 15 hours a day and traveling the country (and often the world) for 31 when years when he finally died shortly after a car accident (not heart related).

Your body is tied to mind and spirit... so if your mind and spirit are strong (which from our past conversations I know they are) your body will be too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread