Nude Nicotine DIY Flavor Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
To tell you the truth I've packed away all of my NN flavorings until they choose to become transparent with their questionable ingredients for those of us that care to make informed decisions on what we vape. After reading your post however, I pulled out and vaped 1ml of the PFCC I mixed on 5/3 @ 3% and heat steeped. I normally prefer all flavors at very low % and as usual for me found 3% too strong so I added a bit of unflavored. Much better. I get the coconut at the lower % but more like a coconut fruit lifesaver.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I'm having a good time with a lot of the flavors I've bought. I mixed some boysenberry jam with apple pie ala mode a few weeks ago and it's yummy! (as are the individual single flavors of those too)

The Honey tobacco is great too (by itself and I've added minty menthol, and made separate batches with many of the other flavors added, such as the apple, pancakes and other brands of flavors as well.) It's so concentrated I only need a tiny drop from the little pipette in a 6 ml batch.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
To tell you the truth I've packed away all of my NN flavorings until they choose to become transparent with their questionable ingredients for those of us that care to make informed decisions on what we vape. After reading your post however, I pulled out and vaped 1ml of the PFCC I mixed on 5/3 @ 3% and heat steeped. I normally prefer all flavors at very low % and as usual for me found 3% too strong so I added a bit of unflavored. Much better. I get the coconut at the lower % but more like a coconut fruit lifesaver.

I wonder if we should go back to the main thread and request thejaker to list which flavors have acetoin and/or propionyl in them and which have ZERO in them? (do I remember correctly that he already stated he doesn't use diacetyl?)

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wonder if we should go back to the main thread and request thejaker to list which flavors have acetoin and/or propionyl in them and which have ZERO in them? (do I remember correctly that he already stated he doesn't use diacetyl?)

This request has been made a few times and ignored. He stated diacetyl free but that they do use acetoin which is another risk for inhalation chemical. It's just crazy to me that they won't release this info to us. Many people don't care about the risk as it seems to be fairly low but we should have that knowledge to make our own informed choices.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
This request has been made a few times and ignored. He stated diacetyl free but that they do use acetoin which is another risk for inhalation chemical. It's just crazy to me that they won't release this info to us. Many people don't care about the risk as it seems to be fairly low but we should have that knowledge to make our own informed choices.

Here's hoping that he's working like a madman in the lab, formulating fantastic flavors without the related diketones! or at least with below the .3 % or whatever was the acceptable levels of ppb that was mentioned there.

timk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Yakima, WA, USA
Boysenberry mixed with pancakes was my favorite. I had to go easy on the boysenberry tho as it could quickly overpower but man o man at the right balance was it was phenomenal. I was really hoping to try the honey tobacco with pancakes too :(

I working on this combo now, can you share what % of each you ended up at? 4% pancake and 2% boysenberry seams a bit strong at 1 week.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
No doubt! It really makes one wonder what they have to hide when they're not forthcoming with requested information. As much as I love so many of NN's flavors I've switched to a manufacturer that clearly discloses the ingredients.

I can't find any manufactures of PG-FREE flavors that disclose all the ingredients. I've heard FA and TFA but they are PG-based flavors which I can't use:(

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I can't find any manufactures of PG-FREE flavors that disclose all the ingredients. I've heard FA and TFA but they are PG-based flavors which I can't use:(

There aren't any outside of NN to my knowledge. There's only 2 that produce a line without PG; Nature Flavor's (which frustrate me and I don't like the alcohol content; related to PG allergies, etc) and Vaping Zone's (VZ). No one seems to know where VZ comes from other than China. That's acceptace of risk if you want to vape flavored. I doubt if the landscape will improve based on recent FDA information.

There is a sticky that lists PG free flavorings but many are cherry picked and formula's seem to change frequently. Some are questionable for other reasons (triacetin or oil based?) and I've used a few listed there (Loriann's) but it always requires double checking the formulation.

Some manufacturers are not interested in selling to the vaping industry and so they aren't welcoming questions about formulation.

Last edited:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
There aren't any outside of NN to my knowledge. There's only 2 that produce a line without PG; Nature Flavor's (which frustrate me and I don't like the alcohol content; related to PG allergies, etc) and Vaping Zone's (VZ). No one seems to know where VZ comes from other than China. That's acceptace of risk if you want to vape flavored. I doubt if the landscape will improve based on recent FDA information.

There is a sticky that lists PG free flavorings but many are cherry picked and formula's seem to change frequently. Some are questionable for other reasons (triacetin or oil based?) and I've used a few listed there (Loriann's) but it always requires double checking the formulation.

Some manufacturers are not interested in selling to the vaping industry and so they aren't welcoming questions about formulation.

Fortunately I can use alcohol based and do use NN, NF and VZ's even though I have no idea about % of diketones that are in any of them. I saw some of Lorann naturals but then also saw that many add coloring. Yes, there are a few PG-FREE flavors I've seen at HDV or other supplier sites, but those flavors don't interest me. I re-visit that PG-FREE sticky every now and then.

(In fact, it's only been the last few months that I've been paying attention to the risky issues.)

The only thing in my favor is that I do vape unflavored nic base half the time. The other half of the time, I only use a few drops of any of the flavors in 5ml so the % of risky inhalation is low. I keep telling myself about harm reduction, I'm so much healthier now that I'm not smoking the 2 packs a day.

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I working on this combo now, can you share what % of each you ended up at? 4% pancake and 2% boysenberry seams a bit strong at 1 week.

I settled on 2.25% pancakes and .25 boysenberry. More than that and the boysenberry took over. I always mix at low % and I could have gone down a bit still but this may not be strong enough for others taste.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA

Oh, speaking of the pancakes and boysenberry, I put 4 drops pancake and 2 drops boysenberry in a 3ml batch of 10mg nic and like it, a lot:) Initially the boysenberry was too strong but it mellows nicely in a few weeks. With the apple pie & boysenberry I did 3 drops each--this was over a month ago when I bought my first sample pack of 5 flavors from NN. (I used to use a 1ml syringe to measure flavors but a couple drops is barely measureable and impossible to draw into the syringe when only making 3 or 5ml bottles of mix so I gave up on % numbers lol.)

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
I have a question about NN tobacco flavors. I'm looking specifically at the Honey Tobacco. It gives you many options; size, mixture base, but it also gives you option of nic mg/ml. That seems odd to me. If I'm going to use it with my own nic base and my pg, vg, do I want any nic in the flavor? Do any of you who have used NN tobaccos get nic in it ?

TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread