Now what do I do with all this DIY stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas
Knew I shouldn't have done it :facepalm:
I ordered 50mls of the Virus, 30mls of Wakonda, and 30mls of Strawnilla last Sunday and it arrived yesterday. Cleaned out 3 of my Reo's and loaded them up with the new NT juice.
Today I ordered another two 50's of the Virus, two 50's of ACB and a 30ml of Betelgeuse. Why buy 100mls of a juice I've never tried? I don't really know, I blame it on the Virus. Got caught up in the "limited release" thing I guess.
Obviously I love the Virus. I was actually undecided last night about the Wakonda, but when I tried it this morning with my coffee, I fell in love with it too. The Strawnilla hasn't gotten much attention yet, but it will.
Now what to do with all these DIY supplies?!!:unsure:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I ordered 50mls of the Virus, 30mls of Wakonda, and 30mls of Strawnilla last Sunday and it arrived yesterday. Cleaned out 3 of my Reo's and loaded them up with the new NT juice.
Today I ordered another two 50's of the Virus, two 50's of ACB and a 30ml of Betelgeuse. Why buy 100mls of a juice I've never tried? I don't really know, I blame it on the Virus. Got caught up in the "limited release" thing I guess.
Obviously I love the Virus. I was actually undecided last night about the Wakonda, but when I tried it this morning with my coffee, I fell in love with it too. The Strawnilla hasn't gotten much attention yet, but it will.

Oh VH, another DIYer bites the dust...*takes hat off, plays taps* :cry:

Hoard it for vapepocolypse???

Make juice for the needy???

Offer to swap it for NT juice???<---(My favorite :thumb: )

*gentle pats*

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
Oh VH, another DIYer bites the dust...*takes hat off, plays taps* :cry:

Hoard it for vapepocolypse???

Make juice for the needy???

Offer to swap it for NT juice???<---(My favorite :thumb: )

*gentle pats*

Your empathy is noteworthy, especially since you're the enchantress that drew the poor minion here . . . . :closedeyes:

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX

I knew you would love it!!!!! You are now most assuredly INFECTED!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com

On the upside, you found some liquid you love!! On the DIY front, it doesn't hurt to keep some of that around. You may find some of my liquid can be "stretched" with a bit of unflavored base. I know some people do it, and I confess - I don't hold it against them. There's nothing "subtle" about my style, and some people like a more subtle vape.

The fruit flavoring is easily integrated into a wide varaiety of my liquid - especially the Frenilla/Custard/Creme Brulee/etc. Adding 1-2% fruit flavoring can give it a little extra kick, a nice change of pace twist, etc. Our in-house vanilla extract is a good "buffer" - by that, I mean it's an excellent base to "pivot" on. Experiment with it (in small quantities, at first).

Could always unload it on the classies, but you would probably take a loss there.

You could continue to "play" and experiment - I actually encourage DIY, particularly because it gives people some perspective with regard to how hard it can be to really "dial in" a vape and make a truly exceptional liquid.

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas
On the upside, you found some liquid you love!! On the DIY front, it doesn't hurt to keep some of that around. You may find some of my liquid can be "stretched" with a bit of unflavored base. I know some people do it, and I confess - I don't hold it against them. There's nothing "subtle" about my style, and some people like a more subtle vape.

The fruit flavoring is easily integrated into a wide varaiety of my liquid - especially the Frenilla/Custard/Creme Brulee/etc. Adding 1-2% fruit flavoring can give it a little extra kick, a nice change of pace twist, etc. Our in-house vanilla extract is a good "buffer" - by that, I mean it's an excellent base to "pivot" on. Experiment with it (in small quantities, at first).

Could always unload it on the classies, but you would probably take a loss there.

You could continue to "play" and experiment - I actually encourage DIY, particularly because it gives people some perspective with regard to how hard it can be to really "dial in" a vape and make a truly exceptional liquid.
That's a really good idea that would work very well with Reo's. Put in about 5mls of one of your base liquids and add a drop or two of a fruit and see what happens. If it sucks it's just 5mls. I can always buy more, right?

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
That's a really good idea that would work very well with Reo's. Put in about 5mls of one of your base liquids and add a drop or two of a fruit and see what happens. If it sucks it's just 5mls. I can always buy more, right?

Just mix your finished DIY liquid like you like it, and drip either into the top of the reo (or mix in the sqonker at a specific ratio). I hate to see liquid go to waste - I mean, no sense flushing $$ down the drain - you probably did enough of that in the process of finding me - seems a damn shame to not find a way to make it work.

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas
I actually encourage DIY, particularly because it gives people some perspective with regard to how hard it can be to really "dial in" a vape and make a truly exceptional liquid.
Yeah from my perspective, I suck at it. :laugh: Seriously though, I have figured out that it's a blend of art and science and I don't have the time to devote to it. But I'm glad you do!

Just mix your finished DIY liquid like you like it, and drip either into the top of the reo (or mix in the sqonker at a specific ratio). I hate to see liquid go to waste - I mean, no sense flushing $$ down the drain - you probably did enough of that in the process of finding me - seems a damn shame to not find a way to make it work.

I have friends who can use what I don't. I believe in the PIF philosophy. It won't be wasted.

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA

Rather than mix it in the bottle, I pull my 'tip and drip directly into my cyclone or rm2. A bit may go down the drain hole, but it shouldn't be enough to affect the whole bottle. I do this with Strawnilla and Banana Pudding on my Naki' mix and with Wakonda on my Virus. I don't mess with the Radioactive in my 'mini.

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas
Rather than mix it in the bottle, I pull my 'tip and drip directly into my cyclone or rm2. A bit may go down the drain hole, but it shouldn't be enough to affect the whole bottle. I do this with Strawnilla and Banana Pudding on my Naki' mix and with Wakonda on my Virus. I don't mess with the Radioactive in my 'mini.

That would be a better way to try new combinations. If they're bad, just dry burn and rewick and you still have your 5-6 mls of base. Thanks for the tip!

Shipmonster

Aug 13, 2014
Paradise

I get that feeling...

tumblr_mp81vrzylu1rbj8nlo1_500.gif

XJ-linux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
I'm sort of a MAXVG kind of guy (ADV is Hummingbird). Too much PG for too many days in a row makes my ears start to ring a bit sometimes. Though I'd love to score a 500ml of Hummingbird, I've made do by adding 10-25% per volume unflavored 100% 12mg VG to Apricot, Betelgeuse and Gravity. It takes the edge off Betelgeuse and gives the vapor some additional "weight" while also putting out a little bit more vapor as well. Romantic Raspberry and Strawberry Symphony worked the best, but I stopped doing that once they disappeared from the website. Saving those for the holidays! Anyhow, just don't go overboard - it's easier to add more if you need it than it is to remove some if you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread