• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

NOTICE! Please welcome my new Co-Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Here come the Paramedic skills MK...I was always blown away that the term S.O.A. (yes, different than SOL), is considered 'medical jargon'. But, it IS and it stands for Swelling of Ankles. This isn't just because it doesn't LOOK pretty, it's because SOA can show HEART problems. Not trying to scare you MK, but more people need to know that..we all assume, 'well, it's HOT, I've been on my FEET', right?

SOMETIMES..wrong.

IF it DOESN'T go away within 24 hours, make sure to speak with your doctor about it if it seems kinda 'springy', especially. Your body gives you A LOT of warnings, but most people don't know what it's saying.

PLEASE look after yourself MK, what're we supposed to do without YOU? :wub:

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Heart problems don't worry me, when my time comes..fine...it's that edema can be a sign of failing kidneys..that's scary. especially for a diabetic. Kidney failure means machines and a long drawn out hospital stay..NO Thanks! Yeah..going on weds. to see the Dr. The swelling has stopped BTW. Thanks.

Glad to hear it MK!! (Although, we don't want to discuss YOUR time EVER coming up, got it?) I'm diabetic too..other than a year and a half of uncontrolled sugar dives, I'm clear for everything else..so far..

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
You Ladies keep me sane! Ok..not sane, never sane, a bit balanced LOL!

It will take a week to see if my weight, sleep and ankles get back on track. Once my levels get back on track I should be ok.

What makes me mad and has for months, I tried to explain to my Dr. that I had a full hysterectomy..that estrogen is too important to my well being to stop, because it MIGHT cause problems. Please..look what happened.

Soy has estrogen..nobody tells women it might not be smart to consume it.

My daughter just got diagnosed with diabetes. She had glasses prescribed last week. I told her it was probably not her eyes..it was diabetes. I didn't need glasses until I got the cheater type from the drug store a few years ago. My eye Dr. said I didn't need anything but some help with the normal aging stuff. But when my diabetes gets off track..I have such blurry vision I can't drive.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
MK,
If you think that your daughter is having problems with her vision due to her diabetes, make sure she gets to an ophthalmologist (not an optometrist) that specializes in diabetes. Diabetes can can cause blindness (diabetic retinopathy) Facts About Diabetic Eye Disease [NEI Health Information]

Last edited:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Eww, hope you don’t mind if I put that link in the WWB social group.

Feel free to link. It's a National Eye Institute website. I should also clarify- optometrists should be well aware of diabetic retinopathy. If it's diagnosed, treatment will most be likely done by an ophthalmologist.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Just Cass..Domino is one of the best isn't she? She makes me laugh! Stick around a see what other throuble she gets into!:D

funny-pictures-nobody-knows-the-trouble-this-cat-has-seen.jpg

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
You Ladies keep me sane! Ok..not sane, never sane, a bit balanced LOL!

It will take a week to see if my weight, sleep and ankles get back on track. Once my levels get back on track I should be ok.

What makes me mad and has for months, I tried to explain to my Dr. that I had a full hysterectomy..that estrogen is too important to my well being to stop, because it MIGHT cause problems. Please..look what happened.

Soy has estrogen..nobody tells women it might not be smart to consume it.

My daughter just got diagnosed with diabetes. She had glasses prescribed last week. I told her it was probably not her eyes..it was diabetes. I didn't need glasses until I got the cheater type from the drug store a few years ago. My eye Dr. said I didn't need anything but some help with the normal aging stuff. But when my diabetes gets off track..I have such blurry vision I can't drive.

I agree MK...my vision was 20/20 until I got diabetes at 17, (Weird, I know. I'm UNDERweight, I was too old, etc., etc.), at now I'm sitting at a prescription of -3.25 :shock:

And yes, you need to tell her provider that she's diabetic, (if you haven't already!), she'll need to be tested with more frequency!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread