Not quite Four Weddings and a Funeral ... but close!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
It started when I decided my Xmas Present to me would be another Brunhilde MTL, and then I found that all the vaping Firms I knew were marking this as “Unobtainable” or “Out of Production, No Longer Available.”

After some research I opted for a Svoemesto MTL which arrived the next day. I’d read all the dire warnings, so first off I took it to bits and generously lubricated all the O rings with vape juice before coiling and wicking it and only gently hand tightening all the components.

It vaped great - I thought we’d have a long happy life together. The first time I refilled it everything went well and I thought I’d cracked it. The next time however I found it solidly jammed together. It spent a couple of hours in the freezer - no joy; I tried using an allen key in the air hole for leverage - no joy; I tried using my studded rubber gardening gloves - again no joy. As a last resort I stuck it in 3 jugs of boiling water, and it worked. I lubed the whole thing again when it dried out, reassembled it carefully, and got another great vape out of it. Next morning came … and it was jammed solid once more. Garden gloves on once more - the top came off, the glass came out and eventually when I got the curse words in the correct order, part of the bottom came off - but the build deck was firmly welded to the centre pin/510. Nothing would shift it - so instead of keeping it as the most expensive paper weight I’d ever bought it was laid to rest in the recycling bin and now is in Vape Heaven.

Determined to get another good rebuildable, I ordered up an Alberich 2. It was a Tricky Devil to coil ( small awkward deck ), wick ( you have to thin the wick and get it down two channels , cut it off just so ) and reassemble ( you really need three hands! ) but it vaped grand for 20 minutes until the Dreaded Message “Check Atomiser” flashed. Back to my old faithful Nautilus Mini I retreated until the next day when I recoiled and rewicked it with the same result even when I tried it on a selection of mods. Back to the Nauti Mini until Boxing Day morning! After watching a few videos on the Alberich, I noted that not everyone used the nasty multi screwdriver tool Vapefly supply ( AKA the “Hand Stabber” ) I dug out a longer narrow Phillips Screwdriver, and found the problem - I hadn’t screwed one of the screws down properly. Alberich and I are now happy together!

I like a couple of simple filled devices on my bedside table so if I’m up in the night I can grab one and take a drag or two without knocking a bigger one over to my wife’s displeasure. For the last couple of years I’d used Innikin’s Sceptres but they’d both died recently. As a wee extra Christmas present SHE WHO MUST NOT BE WAKENED IN THE NIGHT gave me a Squid Squad. It’s small, heavy and attractive and vapes like a dream. Mine came with two tanks; one with a pre-fitted drop in coil and the other is a rebuildable with a pre-fitted coil ( but no wick ). In theory they are top fillers but the silicone plug is difficult/impossible to get open, but I don’t mind a device with “character” and after eight years with a Nauti Mini bottom filling is second nature to me. I think the Squid Squad and I will have many happy nights together.
I think you all know Nautilus Minis will always have a special place in my heart. I have a dozen of them and a drawer full of 1.6 ohm coils for them but I’d noted that Aspire had brought out a new version recently (I think) so I picked one up at the January Sales. It came with a fitted 0.6 Ohm mesh coil which gobbled juice at a rate of knots which was promptly replaced with one of my normal 1.6 Ohm BVC coils - and we are getting along just fine even though it weighs a ton!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
After some research I opted for a Svoemesto MTL which arrived the next day. I’d read all the dire warnings,
Wow... Has Svoëmesto lost their way?

I have an OG KFL Lite Plus on my shelf. I hadn't touched it in ~9 years because I went all bottom-feeding, all the time by the fall of 2014. I just grabbed it and took it all apart. No problems at all disassembling it with my bare hands.

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I have 11 KFL 24mm and 4 KFL 22mm, 2 Prime and 1 Mini v3.
    Although they can get a little stuck, I have never experienced that they cannot be dismantled using a vape rubber band.
    If that had happened, I would change the gaskets, there is a spare kit in the kit from SvoeMesto.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    You know Rossum andTor R, I really wished this had gone better for me - I thought it honestly was the best vape I'd ever had - when it worked.

Had it not developed Terminal Stickeritis, I think it would have been the device I'd always come back to - in fact I thought it was so good, that were I allowed just the one device for the rest of my life, it would have just that.

Sadly though, I'm aged, can run on a short fuse and don't do frustration, so for me, it had to go.

I know all the diseases of the Nautilus Mini and how to fix them and they just work, which is why I've aquired so many of them over the years, and stuck with them.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    If you would like yourself another Brunhilde MTL RTA Sourcemore has plenty of them in stock and at a fantastic price!! Only $17.34us when logged into your account, I've recently purchased another 4 myself!! Vapefly Brunhilde MTL RTA 23mm 5ml Rebuildable Tank Atomizer The only drawback is the wait on shipping but SM are pretty good these days!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    If you would like yourself another Brunhilde MTL RTA Sourcemore has plenty of them in stock and at a fantastic price!! Only $17.34us when logged into your account, I've recently purchased another 4 myself!! Vapefly Brunhilde MTL RTA 23mm 5ml Rebuildable Tank Atomizer The only drawback is the wait on shipping but SM are pretty good these days!
    Many thanks!
    On FB I actually have Vapefly and I commented en passant when they highlighted the Alberich "Why oh Why did you stop production of the Brunhilde MTL?"

They came back to me, said they hadn't stopped making it and asked where I lived. I replied but they never came back saying where I could get one.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    These are the survivors BTW - Alberich 2, Nautilus 3 and the Squid Squad -

9.jpg

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Many thanks for the info. I've just heard back from Vapefly who say that the Brunhilde MTL is available in Germany and "certain other countries." Your info is much more helpful!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Many thanks!
    On FB I actually have Vapefly and I commented en passant when they highlighted the Alberich "Why oh Why did you stop production of the Brunhilde MTL?"

They came back to me, said they hadn't stopped making it and asked where I lived. I replied but they never came back saying where I could get one.
    @Daniel Forsyth -many thanks mate - I've just ordered another one plus 2 sets of the long drip tips. They charge a good price and it looks like my order will be shipped from their Dutch Warehouse but I'm not in a hurry, so long as I get it. At their price I shouldn't get stung for Personal Import Tax nor extra post Brexit duties - thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread