Not downing the company, but major e-cig company president says to industry to shape up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Found this: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/green-nicotine-owner-to-electronic-cigarette-industry-its-time-to-put-people-before-profits-2012-02-20

Here is another article about what they are doing: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/green-nicotine-leads-the-way-in-preventing-minors-from-using-electronic-cigarettes-2012-02-06

Promotional video: http://www.greennicotine.com/galleryII.html

I'm seeing more and more of the big/commercial e-cig companies taking a stand in-line with the FDA and their desires and they are separating themselves from many vapors and our desires. They are giving into "expectations" before laws are even made.

Just wondering what others think. In regards to the first article that has to do with the incident in Florida, I got a bit heated under the collar reading it- not good for the industry or us vapors as a whole at all.

What do you think?

Last edited:

okcodemonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Oklahoma
www.okcodemonkey.com
I have a problem with this comment:

"A real smoker doesn't want a strawberry flavored substitute. Smokers want a product that tastes like the real thing. Any e-cig company, including Green Nicotine, has the technology to produce flavors that appeal to everyone. We have specifically chosen not to do that. Fruit flavors do nothing but promote the recruitment of non-smokers and minors," said Schoepflin.

For the smokers I know who have quit using ecigs, the nontobacco flavors are what helped them stay away. It shows to ME that they don't bother to talk with actual users and just want to push an agenda, make it too hard for the small companies to succeed so that big business will rule the roost!

Last edited:

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
Wow!! Claiming One cartridge will lasts up to 50 ciggs!? Is he crazy???

This whole thing seems like one big Christmas stocking with candy on top and lumps of coal at the bottom. No better time to make such guarantees after someone get's injured right. That whole video just rubbed me the wrong way. What a lot of these big companies don't quite understand is what about the people who have tried pen style cigs and don't want to use something that is identical to an analog?

There's just so many things in that promo vid and article that are totally unethical in a lot of ways. For them to assume that's what we ALL want is simply a way to favor with the FDA in pushing their "promising product" on what seems to be not only them but Non smokers who know smoker's to buy their product as well.

Damn marketing is a double edged sword aint it!?

wave42

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
New Mexico
Many of the companies that sell only cartridge e-cigs (nJoy, etc.) are like this- they don't want juice in bottles being sold either- it's not in the interest of their product succeeding.

There are many companies across every industry that will gladly climb into bed with government if they can use the government to eliminate their competitors.

Good old crony capitalism at work. This guy doesn't care about consumers. He's concerned about increasing his market share. Hopefully, his company will crash and burn.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
There are many companies across every industry that will gladly climb into bed with government if they can use the government to eliminate their competitors.

Good old crony capitalism at work. This guy doesn't care about consumers. He's concerned about increasing his market share. Hopefully, his company will crash and burn.

I agree with you, but just be aware- it's not longer about "just vaping and please, FDA- leave us alone"

These larger, commercial companies who will sell in brick and mortar stores appear to be separating themselves as if they are the sheep being separated from the goats... This is the growing trend I see. This may help e-cigs become accepted by the FDA and other gov. organizations but in the process it will weed out those of us who want "juice" the way it is, and those of us who want mods that don't look like cigarettes. Notice the language too- they say "smoking" when they refer to their e-cigs and not vaping... It really doesn't appear that they know what harm reduction is really about either.

wave42

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
New Mexico
I agree with you, but just be aware- it's not longer about "just vaping and please, FDA- leave us alone"

Oh, believe me... I know. I'm a small business owner, two different businesses in two different industries and when the big boys say.... we need the government to regulate us what they're really saying is we'll work with the government to regulate us in such a way that it will cause us minimal harm but be cost prohibitive for smaller companies that compete with us. I deal with this all the time and it's something a lot of non-business owners don't understand or more likely, just don't think about.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Good old crony capitalism at work.

I'm afraid Wave42 has hit the nail on the head. In a few years, we'll all regard 2011-2012 as the golden age of vaping: maximum choice in both hardware and e-liquids with no taxation.

IMO, it's time to stock up on DIY supplies plus whatever hardware that works particularly well for you.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I'm afraid Wave42 has hit the nail on the head. In a few years, we'll all regard 2011-2012 as the golden age of vaping: maximum choice in both hardware and e-liquids with no taxation.

IMO, it's time to stock up on DIY supplies plus whatever hardware that works particularly well for you.

You cannot stock up on 30 years of juice and components. Nothing will last that long. PG and VG will always be available and so will flavorings - so only the Nic and the devices are left. You can build your own device (well some people can), but extracting your own nic...

Where would a company like Joye end up being after the rules are set? I could survive if their products survived...

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest

The owners will decided what is best for their Cash Cows

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Wave42 hits it on the head. This is looking like the start of the regulations that some have been wanting for so long.

It will warp a bit from this, but it seems like the baseline. These knuckleheads will become the regulators poster children and if they have enough connection/spin savy they will grow their business by leaps and bounds.

Choice is too confusing. No regulation is too scary. It's for the children. It's for your own protection.

I'm rather sad about the OP's links. (do I need a sarcasm font for the second to last paragraph?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread