Status
Not open for further replies.

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
Was browsing gizmodo and came across this article: The Best E-Cigarette
Check out the 1st place njoy, they are having something new out this year called njoy King which is very very similar to an analog. I've never tried the njoy's One Joy (disposable version). Anyone have a review for it? But they look expensive.

JAY73

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
CLEBURNE TX
i think that it was biased towards cig-alike's my self i know there are people out there that like them but for most we want something better also there is no mention of the volt or bloog which have lots of dedicated patrons and fans, also goid for madvapes to be included but imho most people shopping mv or many of the other stellar vendors have gone on to bigger and better things...

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
I doubt this is a paid advertisement because the author follows his article with an extremely inaccurate and uninformed statement about how e-cigarette companies could easily get their products "approved" by the FDA.

What's more likely is that the Gizmodo writer Googled e-cigarette companies, requested free e-cigarettes for reviews, and then simply reviewed the first 4 that he received.

Considering that NJOY is the largest e-cigarette company in the U.S. (although Blu will inevitably overtake them), it's great to see that their new product appears to be an incredible improvement over past models.

Apptiger

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
West Central Florida
yeah whoever wrote that is probably getting paid to say xyz. You might be surprised how often that happens. I've gotten njoys from the gas station before i laid hands on my kgo and i can categorically assure you they aren't worth a damn.

Have to agree. Who knows what the new generation will bring. I started with them and then quickly went to Blu disposables (much better). They both led my down the path to where I am today. 7 months smoke free.
But I since moved on to EGO batts and T2 clearos and Vivi Nova. For now anyway.

Get to Morehead City much? Is Sanitary Seafood still there?

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
The NJoy King does look intriguing, but the quoted price...not so much.

NJoy was my introduction to vaping. I discovered vaping soon after I made up my mind I wouldn't pay $6.00 a pack for cigarettes. Wouldn't make much sense for me to spend $8.00 (a day?) for a single e-cig.

(And they say The Provari is over-priced...!)

Last edited:

Carl0411

Jun 26, 2012
Rowland Heights
Looks interesting, the Gizmodo article was full of the crappy cig-a-likes though :glare: I was kinda hoping for a more comprehensive article on e-cigs... Luckily if you search through Gizmodo's terrible new comment system, there are people who mention the REAL e-cig stuff. There was even a shout-out to this very forum :) I like seeing those comments on these cig-a-like traps.

Back on the NJoy King, I really do like the fact that more and more e-cig options are appearing at gas stations. It will make vaping more popular and help people understand that it's healthier than smoke! Getting tired of the weird looks I get sometimes...

Also, if I ever get in the situation where my battery die on me, and my back-ups, and my back-up back-ups lol, and am away from home and charger; atleast I know that I can go to a gas station and find an e-cig to tide me over if I'm really aching for a vape :) I mean, it's either that or go back to smoking, and no one wants that!

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
...I really do like the fact that more and more e-cig options are appearing at gas stations...
if I ever get in the situation where my battery die on me, and my back-ups, and my back-up back-ups lol, and am away from home and charger; atleast I know that I can go to a gas station and find an e-cig to tide me over...

Excellent point. I drifted back into smoking briefly through sheer exasperation and the constant necessity of having to place orders online. In was NJoy appearing in my local convenience stop...and the mall kiosk (God forbid) that nudged me back to sanity.

Wasn't long before I became ticked off again and ashamed of myself for being taken ($120 for a kiosk starter kit) that I dragged myself back online and discovered the Joye eGo. It's been smooth sailing since then.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I wonder how many of us tried to dangle a cig-style from our lips when we first picked it up?

That's the only thing missing from my vaping experience.

But...I'm not willing to pay the price to replace it.
Well not with what you're vaping (if that is you in your avi)! You could suffer from a broken toe hehe. Anyway, I sometimes clasp my ecig in my teeth when I need both hands. But that I can only do with one of My eGo's or 808's. I never did that with a tobacco cigarette through. Most unladylike, not to mention smoke in the eye = squinting = wrinkles, but I do love to do that with my smaller ecigs.

alphanumeric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Orange County

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,578
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread