NJOY Hitting the UK with Disposable “Weekender” in March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
As reported here, njoy will release its disposable e-cig called the Weekender in the UK in March:

"The "Weekender", which is a disposable version of njoy UK’s electronic cigarette, comes pre-loaded with the nicotine equivalent of 40 tobacco cigarettes and has a non-rechargeable battery."

With a price point at £11.99, we shall have to wait till our Members across the pond give us the heads up on NJOY’s "alleged" claims as I, for one am not a fan of NJOY with all the problems I encountered with their product line and I am skeptical. My experience with the Ryan Jazz disposable with a price point far higher, was a solid day and a half of heavy vaping. We will look forward to the feedback once some of our Members are able to give it a run for its money when it is released—Sun See Social smokers? e-cigarette - Brands News - Morning Advertiser

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
I don't like the idea of disposables mostly because of the idea of all those batteries ending up in landfills.

I'd like to see a really heavy duty e-cig model with a guaranteed year or more lifespan, even if it went for $200-$300. Of course, that lifespan would have to apply to the entire unit. I'm already wary about my new habit and worry that I'm going to be buying parts 'just in case' because of all the issues with reliability I've heard around here.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Part of the appeal of disposables is consistent, repeatable performance and reliability. Is there anyone here with a perfect e-cig? No problems? Nice vapor every time, time after time? And don't you just love to wait for replacements for failed parts?

Get used to disposables. In six months, they'll be everywhere.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Methinks this remains way too expensive. Forget the old line about the world needing a good 5-cent cigar. The world needs a good $5 disposable e-cig.

The place to sell this is an airport kiosk.

The price point on these is an outrage at the present moment. Indeed the convenience and reliability can not be beat, but the price point has to come down or these will never make it into the mainstream marketplace--rather they will be a novelty for occations like the airports--Sun

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
I don't like the idea of disposables mostly because of the idea of all those batteries ending up in landfills.

I'd like to see a really heavy duty e-cig model with a guaranteed year or more lifespan, even if it went for $200-$300. Of course, that lifespan would have to apply to the entire unit. I'm already wary about my new habit and worry that I'm going to be buying parts 'just in case' because of all the issues with reliability I've heard around here.

I agree with Cuando about the batteries in the landfills, but I also like the idea of a $5 disposable e-cig. If only there was a way to save up 5-10 spent ones, and then be able to turn them in for a fresh new one, like glass bottle recycling. Wouldn't that be cool? If I ever start buying disposable's, I will tear them apart and throw anything recyclable in the Recycle Bin.

Last edited:

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
Sun I was checking out those Ruyan Jazz on their site. They claim to contain 4-5 packs worht of vaping compared to regular cigarettes for $25. That either makes you a real heavy smoker or they don't live up to their claims?:D

Either way 50-60 doallars compared to a carton of cigarettes is way to much considering I can buy a carton of Marlboro for $27 at the gas station.

Jimi Modo

Moved On
Feb 8, 2009
Western Samoa
Sun I was checking out those Ruyan Jazz on their site. They claim to contain 4-5 packs worht of vaping compared to regular cigarettes for $25. That either makes you a real heavy smoker or they don't live up to their claims?:D

Either way 50-60 doallars compared to a carton of cigarettes is way to much considering I can buy a carton of Marlboro for $27 at the gas station.

4-5 packs my ....! Unless the photo on their website is misleading and the cig is 2 feet long! Disposables use alkaline batteries as they have a much longer shelf life without going flat, unlike lithiums which will slowly drain over a few months. They give a good output but not 100 cigs!! I managed to get hold of one of the disposables that were being handed out at the Brits last week and I got through 4.5 carts before I flattened it, which is about 20/25 cigs worth. They are on the Intellicig website at 10.50 which is the Trade price so I guess they are not aimed at regular users. Airports, trains etc would seem to be the logical target where there might not be a charging facility. The concept of a cheap disposable is a bit misguided when you look at the technology and cost involved. It's only suitable for a specific market. 10 hours on a plane is a long time and if someone came along asking if you would like a vaper with your scotch on the rocks..............yes there is a market!!!
Jimi.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

Clam--This Ruyan Jazz is one great product, excellent throat hit--but as I said, It only lasted one and a half days of vaping before it tanked out--they are worth a try or to have one around as an emergence, but that price point is why to high. Thanks--Sun

Jimi Modo

Moved On
Feb 8, 2009
Western Samoa
Thanks for the info Jimi. I found this info by clicking on RuyanUSA link on where to buy their products. Check it out its good for a laugh....:D

Oh thank you for that link, I just became incontinent and enjoyed it!!:D
200 dollars for a kit with 2 batteries and 25 carts? At least **** Turpin had the decency to wear a mask!!!
Jimi.

Maybe I can't use the shortened version of Richard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread