Njoy files for bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
While I do DIY I would not be considered an enthusiast...

Denial.... It's not just a river in Egypt.

You're here. You've been here for 5 years. You've made nearly 5,000 posts here. That alone makes you an enthusiast. The overwhelming majority of people who would try vaping would never consider visiting a forum dedicated to it for anything more than to ask a few basic questions if they had a problem. If we assume that you've been here for a minimum of 5 minutes per post, then you've dedicated over 415 hours to a forum about vaping.

Consider this...

If you spent as many hours dedicated to studying a single college subject as you've spent on this forum you would have earned a PhD by now. I think that classifies as an enthusiast.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Denial.... It's not just a river in Egypt.

You're here. You've been here for 5 years. You've made nearly 5,000 posts here. That alone makes you an enthusiast. The overwhelming majority of people who would try vaping would never consider visiting a forum dedicated to it for anything more than to ask a few basic questions if they had a problem. If we assume that you've been here for a minimum of 5 minutes per post, then you've dedicated over 415 hours to a forum about vaping.

Consider this...

If you spent as many hours dedicated to studying a single college subject as you've spent on this forum you would have earned a PhD by now. I think that classifies as an enthusiast.

He He... Good point. I made quite a few friends here and come here to spend time with them since they are all over country. We have met in person, so it has made us even closer.

Once in a while I venture out into the regular forum since I am using it and this forum helped me so I try to help others. This is one of those times.

Oh and while I do not have a PhD - I do have quite a few degrees and even a few expired certs which I do not need in my semi-retirement phase of life... I spent a lot of time in school and still try to learn one new thing everyday...

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Of interest to me is its always thrown about that cigalike class gear makes up the bulk of vaping but it looks like this company has seen a 90% drop in the last couple years.
That's because it's at best a false understanding.

In reality it's a bogus claim.

Comparing a product that requires several daily purchases vs. Products that likely require only a monthly purchase to sustain the same habit by purchase numbers solely could easily lead to such.

Ignoring new information to parrot old information would solidify such misunderstandings.

Tapatyped

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Oh and while I do not have a PhD - I do have quite a few degrees and even a few expired certs which I do not need in my semi-retirement phase of life... I spent a lot of time in school and still try to learn one new thing everyday...

Hell, at my age I just try to remember what I learned yesterday. :lol:

uab9253

ECF Veteran
    Jun 27, 2014
    Salisbury MD
    sorry i'm not quite sure what you are saying here. I agreed that cost is a factor, but my main point was that in order for the number of vapors to surpass smokers, cost is not the only or even primary issue. The majority of smokers don't find cigalikes satisfying, and they will never deal with the time and effort it takes to diy, rebuild and fiddle with the devices, as enthusiasts do. I am speaking from first hand experience with friends and family. I have pointed many unsatisfied cigalike users in the direction of our style of vaping. They just don't want to deal with the hassle.
    This has been my experience as well. I tried to set up a co-worker, even loaned/gave him gear and juice and he bailed on it

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    This has been my experience as well. I tried to set up a co-worker, even loaned/gave him gear and juice and he bailed on it
    Same here with a neighbor. I even gave him a Fuse kit and he still smokes.

I consider vaping a hobby but my wife Vapes just to stay off the smokes. If I didn't make her juice, change her coils and batteries, she would smoke for sure.

Reactions: MMW

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    And to think just two years ago they received funding valuing the company at 1 billion dollars !.

I spend a lot of time on the investment boards and most of you do realize that "vaping" is only a very small part of any big investor portfolios?

There are other lawsuits going on in business world that have nothing to do with vaping, but everything to do with which big investment infusions companies will get.

For instance my post here........there are other considerations of investors that have nothing to do with vaping:
    NJOY files for bankruptcy

A year or 2 ago is a long time in the investment world, fortunes are made and lost in less time than that in a global economy. Sometimes the big investors have other fish in to fry and other problems to solve.......I doubt vaping is or was Theil's biggest investment, more like a little crumb of his entire portfolio....

when you are a major shareholder in a company like Theil is, that is getting sued by the US Dept of Labor, chances are your advisors aren't going to tell you that you should be spreading more investments in things that are going south.

Reactions: Eskie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread