NicVape reopening in US? Any idea why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
I just got an email from NicVape saying they are reopening to US customers again. They closed to the US in September because of the PMTA and FDA regulations. Any idea why they are reopening, has the PMTA been killed or what the heck happened?

Sorry if this has been discussed, I searched the forum and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I just got an email from NicVape saying they are reopening to US customers again. They closed to the US in September because of the PMTA and FDA regulations. Any idea why they are reopening, has the PMTA been killed or what the heck happened?

Sorry if this has been discussed, I searched the forum and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Hi Max,
What did they (Nicvape) say when you contacted them?
P: 864-764-1801
E: customerservice@nicvape.com.

Cheers
I

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    NicVape reopening in US? Any idea why?

No one would know but NicVape why they changed their mind and you aren't likely to get an answer from them on such a question. joyetech did the same thing.

Just order something while you can. :D

No, deeming regulations have not been killed.

Max Power

ECF Veteran
    Nov 4, 2009
    No one would know but NicVape why they changed their mind and you aren't likely to get an answer from them on such a question. joyetech did the same thing.

Just order something while you can. :D

No, deeming regulations have not been killed.

I suspect you are correct on all counts. I guess the thing that bothers me is how badly run this whole thing is by the FDA. I wish they would just kill it off. Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

Max Power

ECF Veteran
    Nov 4, 2009
    Hi Max,
    What did they (Nicvape) say when you contacted them?
    P: 864-764-1801
    E: customerservice@nicvape.com.

Cheers
    I
    No, I haven't called them and although not a bad suggestion, I doubt I would get an answer from them beyond what is in the email they sent, which is nothing. I stocked up before September so I really have more than I need right now, but I will ask when I reorder if they are still open. My gut feel here is that the FDA isn't really enforcing the PMTA which is why they reopened, and I was just wondering if anyone had any inside information. Thanks.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Um... I sort of have the opposite sense. A really poorly organized, funded and sort or odd, inconsistent banning program is better than the local Swat team descending on your house. Long may it proper.

The alternative is not not "killing off the program" it's like dealing with it for as long as possible before it becomes a legitimate, funded and organized program. Really.

Just killing off the program isn't really an option at present.

Anna

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2020
    AZ
    So frustrating to watch. I've been a firearms person for a long time and this pattern seems very familiar. Give large government bureaucracy power over regulating <insert thing that is bad for the children> and through sheer sloth and incompetence: kill it. It's a ghost ban. Very effective.

On the flip side, the FDA will never get its act together, and meanwhile businesses that are desperate to survive or simply want to thumb their noses, act accordingly.

Ideally the FDA would have outsourced testing of these products to competent registered labs, and the cost/speed of certification was governed by fair market competition.

Distrust of businesses, throwing important liberties over the wall for "the government" to handle... I just don't know...

AD

Max Power

ECF Veteran
    Nov 4, 2009
    So frustrating to watch. I've been a firearms person for a long time and this pattern seems very familiar. Give large government bureaucracy power over regulating <insert thing that is bad for the children> and through sheer sloth and incompetence: kill it. It's a ghost ban. Very effective.

On the flip side, the FDA will never get its act together, and meanwhile businesses that are desperate to survive or simply want to thumb their noses, act accordingly.

Ideally the FDA would have outsourced testing of these products to competent registered labs, and the cost/speed of certification was governed by fair market competition.

Distrust of businesses, throwing important liberties over the wall for "the government" to handle... I just don't know...

AD
    Stated very eloquently and exactly how I feel. If they are going to do it, then do it right and the goal should be to protect the consumers. What they are doing right now is just inconveniencing us all and not providing any protections. And please don't get me wrong, I like NicVape and I am glad they are back, they have great service and I have never had any issues with any of their products. My complaint is really with the incompetent government (or so it seems) and the chaos they continually cause. Thanks for letting me vent.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Um... I sort of have the opposite sense. A really poorly organized, funded and sort or odd, inconsistent banning program is better than the local Swat team descending on your house. Long may it proper.

The alternative is not not "killing off the program" it's like dealing with it for as long as possible before it becomes a legitimate, funded and organized program. Really.

Just killing off the program isn't really an option at present.

Anna
    Yeah I totally agree with you here. If they had been organized everything would already be gone. Well virtually everything you're never going to stop things completely but you can make it a lot harder than things are right now. Nothing has been approved there are some companies that have had their stuff accepted as being well done enough for the FDA to look through but if they had been very very organized from the get-go and ready to really clamp down on things it would not be better at least not at this point. I'm not under any impression that anything is going to be done fairly or impartially either I know I tend to be a pessimist I guess I think it's realism. I would rather assume the worst and prepare then assume the best and be constantly taken by surprise unprepared.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread