Nicotine Poisoning From EJUICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryMarcelle

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
I've recently just starting re-filling my KR808 (disposable) cartridges. I have done some reading about nicotine poisoning and wikipedia states that "0.5-1.0 mg/kg can be a lethal dosage for adult human" and "Spilling an extremely high concentration of nicotine onto the skin can result in intoxication or even death since nicotine readily passes into the bloodstream from dermal contact".

I have a few 5 ml bottles of medium strength (18 mg) 555 E-juice.

I cannot figure out if suffering from nicotine poisoning is a VERY REAL possibility when dealing with E-juice, or if the amount of nicotine I am working with is relatively safe?

My question is JUST HOW CAREFUL DO I NEED TO BE WHEN HANDLING THIS STUFF AND SHOULD I BE WORRIED IF I SPILL IT ONTO MY FINGERS WHEN RE-FILLING AND SHOULD I BE CONCERNED ABOUT AN OVERFILLED CART DRIPPING juice ON MY LIPS AND IN MY MOUTH?

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Don't worry at that level. I just wouldn't chug it or wash my hands with it.:D [And that also would waste juice.]

Thousands of vapers vape at 18mg strength. The only injury from vaping that I have heard about (there may be others) was someone's jaw broken by an exploding Mod using unprotected batteries.

I would not describe 18mg as "Medium" strength (I know some suppliers do). To me, that is "High" ... and too high for me. Monitor your reactions to vaping at this level. Your system might not be used to it. If you feel uncomfortable, stop vaping it and get a lower strength juice. Although if you have been vaping 18mg cartomizers for awhile, that's probably not an issue.

Definitely keep it away from pets and young children. And, if you ever DIY with 60mg liquid, wear gloves. <-- No smilies for these statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread