nicotine pg/vg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Albuquerque,NM
Hi. I am ready to try my first time diy juice.I have some questions..(guaranteed to have been asked before I just couldn't find the answers i was looking for).
Im currently vaping 50/50 juice..
I am ready to order my nicotine and am looking at 100 mg figure thin down with vg. now options for nicotine? 40/60? how do i end up at a 50/50 finished product? any advise is appreciated.
I have watched a couple vids but none covered this.

GrannyM

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Saginaw, MI
You probably should get both plain VG and plain PG (no nic) for mixing with your nic liquid. This would give you the most flexibility.

Since you don't mention what your ending strength in mg/ml will be, you might want to play a bit with a calculator...here's a popular one eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator. This will give you an idea on how to get to 50/50 PG/VG & your desired strength with different scenarios.

Also keep in mind that most flavorings are counted in the PG category, though there are exceptions. Again depending on what flavoring you're using and at what percentage, the amount of PG or VG you will need can change.

And for a 1st order, I would recommend starting out with a lower strength than 100 mg/ml. I know a lot of new DIY'ers don't listen to this particular bit of advice, but until you get the whole feel for DIY I think it's wise to start with a less dangerous level.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think im catching on. ...it doesnt matter what nic i buy because the calculator will tell me how much pg/vg to add to end up with 50/50?

That's about the Jist of it.

For your first DIY, I would suggest posting your Recipe just so a few people can give it a Quick Double Check.

Also, some people who are just starting out buy Nicotine Base close to what they want to vape. Wizard Labs sells 18mg Nicotine in 50:50 or 40:50 or what ever.

That way all you do is Add Flavoring, Steep and Vape.

It will cost you a Few Pennies more than buying 100mg but it is a Whole Lot Easier. A Whole Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread