Adding VG to a 100mg nicotine PG base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seattle444

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Everett, Wa
I have nicotine at a 100mg per ML PG base. I want to add VG to my 100% PG base nicotine to make it a 50/50 blend of nicotine. Once I do that how much will it dilute the strength of the nicotine? Would it be a 50mg nic base then?? Its 100mg per ML now with the PG. Reason I ask is because I have a bottle of unflavored 50/50 blend of PG/VG only with no nic in it and I would like to use it up. I make all my juice at a 50/50 blend. I made the mistake when I ordered the nicotine. I should have just ordered it a 50/50 blend to start with. I guess with the DIY its live and learn. So if someone could help me out with this I would really appreciate it :)

Seattle444

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Everett, Wa
Thanks for the info from you both. I mix my nicotine strength at 8mg in my e-juice. I really don't like it much stronger than that. I have just started mixing my own and just going through a trial basis. I'm mixing up some 8mg 5ml samples to test after a steeping period. I'm sure I will have alot of ups and downs going through this learning curve. That's funny ya Hoosier 50mg is some .... kicking strength. That would choke the heck out of me :danger:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Ah, well, see I started at 48...that's what got me in position to forget to smoke. Took me quite awhile to find a nic strength that would work on my cravings. (Yeah, and I was one of those crazy people who could swallow tobacco juice and inhale cigars without any real effect other than making my throat a bit raw the next day.)

I'm down to 16 now, but it's been a long road. 50 doesn't shock me like it might shock some. I think it's cool that some folks can switch to vaping with 6. Boggles my mind a bit, but everyone is different and I don't expect anyone else to follow my path.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Thanks for the info from you both. I mix my nicotine strength at 8mg in my e-juice. I really don't like it much stronger than that. I have just started mixing my own and just going through a trial basis. I'm mixing up some 8mg 5ml samples to test after a steeping period. I'm sure I will have alot of ups and downs going through this learning curve. That's funny ya Hoosier 50mg is some .... kicking strength. That would choke the heck out of me :danger:

lol i would never recommend you start at 50mg.. just an example of cutting 100mg in half..

Seattle444

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Everett, Wa
I was a half to a whole pack a day of Camel filters. They are a very strong cigs. I started on a 18mg bottle and after that first bottle I dropped down to a 12mg juice and it worked great for me. Since then I have progressively dropped it down to where I'm at now. This Vaping has worked great for quitting those nasty smelling sticks. I know doots you wouldn't suggest that and thank you for your help with my issue. Now I can use up my 50/50 no nic blend in a few batches. I'm sure glad I found all you Vapers here hiding way back here in the corner of my laptop :)

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
100ml is quite potent. Make sure you read the stickies, have adequate ventilation, and mix thoroughly. And welcome to the wonderful world of DIY.

None of us want to follow in Hoosier's exact footsteps -- but we're quite glad he has blazed a trail for us. And when he says "go this way", we all go. Thanks Hoosier for all that you do, and have done.

545CB

Nov 28, 2013
St Louis, MO
If you combine 50/50 nic and 50/50 no-nic to reach your 8mg/ml goal, then you will end up with 50/50 liquid. However if you add flavoring, the only way to keep that 50/50 ratio is if your flavoring is 50/50, which it won't be. The majority of flavorings that I use have PG as the carrier. I also use 100mg/ml PG nic. If I want a 10ml batch of 8mg/ml 50/50 blend with 10% flavoring I would need:

0.8ml or 8% nic (adds 8% PG)
1ml or 10% flavoring (adds 10% PG)
3.2ml or 32% PG (adds 32% PG)
5ml or 50% VG (adds 50% VG)

If you were only using 50/50 nic(diluted to 50ml/mg), 50/50 no-nic and PG flavoring you would end up with:

1.6ml or 16% nic (adds 8%PG and 8%VG)
1ml or 10% flavoring (adds 10%PG)
7.4ml or 74% no-nic (adds 37%PG and 37%VG)

Your resulting mix is 55PG/45VG. If you use 20%flavoring, you end up with 60PG/40VG. Is reaching the 50/50 ratio important to you?

Last edited:

Seattle444

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Everett, Wa
No its not really that important. I use the calculator online to figure in all the flavoring. If I end up with a little more PG in my mix that fine. Thanks for your input. It going to have to be because my nicotine is PG based and my PG/VG mix I could add a bit of VG to it just to make it closer to the 50/50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread