Status
Not open for further replies.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
So I ordered my first supply of diy from wizard labs. Been reading a lot about it to prepare. My question is, what is better for the nicotine base, PG or VG? My mixes will be a 50/50 PG,VG. Does it matter as long as I input it correctly in the e juice calculator? Which one would be better for putting the nic in the freezer. My initial shipment will be PG nic base but for future reference, I wanted to ask. Thank you.

pmuniz10920

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
I bottle 120ml VG based 100mg/ml in Amber bottles and then into ziplock freezer bags (in case I break a bottle on accident)

When I pull a bottle from the freezer, I make sure that it comes to room temperature before I open it, I do not want moisture to get in.

VG will enter a thick gel like state, PG will stay quite fluid.

You will probably get 50 differnent responses...

township

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Ohio
Personally, I like to use PG nic base because it is much thinner and easier to work with when using syringes. With either PG nic or VG nic you should not have any trouble hitting a 50/50 ratio. Especially if you use high mg/ml nic.

I don't know which base would keep better in the freezer. My guess would be that as long as your bottles are full and well sealed, the difference between the two would be minimal.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
I order mine in PG but I mix at 65/35 PG/VG. For storage I wrap a little bubble plastic around each bottle and then put them in a empty coffee can in case of breakage it's contained. Be sure and clearly label each bottle with contents and dates along with the nic strength to eliminate mixing mistakes in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread