Nic solution miixing and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYBLUE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Kentucky, USA
Ok, for the first time Wizard Labs and my online purchases account have been in stock at the same time and I purchased 120ml of 100mg nic in PG and various flavorings. I plan to mix the nic with 120ml of PG and 240ml of VG resulting in 480ml of 25mg/ml 50/50 nic solution. Correct? I have two 60ml amber glass bottles and of course the original 120ml bottle. Any problem with storing the remaining 240ml in a half pint mason jar? I plan to store it in a seldom used freezer hopefully mitigating any problems with the clear glass.

thatguy2

Moved On
Oct 24, 2013
Nicotine should be stored in glass.. Wizard ships in plastic.. But they do have glass bottles for sale.

My suggestion would be to get 4 of the 30ml Amber bottles (89 cents each) and break the Nic into those.. freeze 3 and work with 1..
Mixing your base all at once is not really a good idea as it doesn't leave you supplies if you want to adjust your nic level and/or ratio..

KYBLUE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Kentucky, USA
I can see the logic in not premixing the nic but think I may prefer to handle the higher concentration solution but once. I will still have leeway as I currently purchase 6-12mg ready mixed juice. Storage space isn't a concern as the freezer is a practically unused appendage of the basement beer fridge.

My main concern is with the mason jar seal material. Wouldn't want that to dissolve into the nic solution.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
HI
How do you plan to seal the mason jars? They would need to be boiled to sterile and a vaccum seal much like if you were canning long term jam and/or corn, etc.

Better off in measured amber or blue bottle, but that is just my 2 pennies.

Also by storing in the mg that you all ready vape, you will be making a juice that will be less than the intended target as the flavors count as part of the pg level.

Also light plays a part as well as air to start breaking down the nic. That is why they say to store your already made ejuice in a cool dry area and not to leave it in the sun.
:)

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I have seen this about Nic storage many times, and I agree it is best to store optimal for the long run, as I do, but has there been any studies of Nic breaking down if stored improperly? When I started back I was vaping some Very Old, Not properly Stored juice, didn't have a problem, just wondering if there was documentation it goes bad if Not stored properly. Just a Question, nothing more.

Vape On
:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread