• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Newbies Q&A Thread. [PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM]

Status
Not open for further replies.

loserkid1995

Sep 30, 2013
Singapore
  • Deleted by Syn007
  • Reason: Sourcing means what you are doing right now

Jovinho

Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Stinkapore
Good morning to all~~
I forgot to introduce myself in this forum:p Still awaiting verification from the bosses here. Been vaping for 3 weeks now, used to smoke 2 packs of marlboro reds per day and cut down to less than 5 sticks per day! I'm proud of it and I enjoy vaping alot. Currently playing around with an Joyetech eVic with pro tanks 2, evod, ce4/5, vivi nova but sadly to say only Liqua juices(everyday do mix-n-match rojak juices). I've been quite on my own searching for sources to aid my vaping journey and definitely looking forward to gaining much more experience and tips from all brothers here!

Reactions: KD1674

Leo Wei Xiang

• Deleted by classwife

ssixtytwoo

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
anywhereforyou
  • Deleted by Syn007
  • Reason: Clean up

vantage07

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
PSisLand
  • Deleted by Syn007

ssixtytwoo

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
anywhereforyou
  • Deleted by Syn007

Falllll

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Singapore
  • Deleted by classwife

anoobnymous

Jul 27, 2013
Singapore
  • Deleted by classwife

gabriel06

Jan 30, 2014
Singapore
  • Deleted by classwife

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Oh hey gab I see you're here alrdy. as mention, innokin's mvp2 is a solid choice. Massive internal battery, VV/WW for you to grow into as you learn more about vaping, built like a tank, has in built ohm meter as well.

Of course as a provari owner myself, I cannot possibly recommend it more. It's built absolutely top notch, goes up to 6V, inbuilt ohmmeter, and runs up to 18650 battery with the right extension. It's pricey though but well worth every cent. Simple enough for a newbie, and good enough for even seasoned users.

I generally strongly advise against recommend mech mods to newbies just because of the lack of knowledge about ohms law (relation between battery amp discharge limit, resistance and supplied voltage), so a regulated device is what i would suggest, at least till you get familiar with things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
Oh hey gab I see you're here alrdy. as mention, innokin's mvp2 is a solid choice. Massive internal battery, VV/WW for you to grow into as you learn more about vaping, built like a tank, has in built ohm meter as well.

Of course as a provari owner myself, I cannot possibly recommend it more. It's built absolutely top notch, goes up to 6V, inbuilt ohmmeter, and runs up to 18650 battery with the right extension. It's pricey though but well worth every cent. Simple enough for a newbie, and good enough for even seasoned users.

I generally strongly advise against recommend mech mods to newbies just because of the lack of knowledge about ohms law (relation between battery amp discharge limit, resistance and supplied voltage), so a regulated device is what i would suggest, at least till you get familiar with things

Hey inofat! I was just wondering how much is the 30ml Halo juice off the shelf there? Midnight apple running half now and the shipping really kills :(

Last edited by a moderator:

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Well there's no B&M around where I live, so I get all my supplies online. Seems like it's 19.99 USD for 30ml without shipping. Shipping is probably a couple of bucks. I personally cannot stand halo juices, and buy only from ahlusion, heather's heavenly vape or alien vision

wonderboi77

Feb 13, 2014
United States
  • Deleted by Syn007

yddang

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
East
  • Deleted by Syn007

Momotaro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Mt Fuji, Japan
  • Deleted by Syn007

shinb0

Mar 21, 2014
in my own world.
  • Deleted by Syn007

Crixus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
Autocratic State
  • Deleted by Syn007

yddang

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
East
  • Deleted by Syn007

Crixus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
Autocratic State
  • Deleted by Syn007

yddang

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
East
  • Deleted by Syn007

juliusratilla

Apr 5, 2014
sa puso mo
  • Deleted by Syn007

shinb0

Mar 21, 2014
in my own world.
  • Deleted by Syn007

Neok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Its a FINE Country
  • Deleted by Syn007

SquintingSquint

Jul 2, 2014
Erm. Batcave?
  • Deleted by Syn007

doc julio

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2014
UK
Hi everyone, I am a newb to this forum. I am not from the region, but visit the region quite frequently. I came to this forum for some clarity on vaping in the region, but to be honest I am more confused than before.....

I have read the Tobacco (Control of advertisements and sale) Act from start to finish. From that, I concluded that (1) ejuices that contain nicotine are banned, and (2) ecigarettes (and by that, I mean a device that looks like a cigarette and also contains nicotine) are banned. But I see nothing in the Act that would ban the import or sale of PV kit (ie a battery and a coil for the purposes of atomising a liquid). They are not tobacco products, not tobacco derivatives, and not tobacco substitutes, and as such, are not covered by the Act imho. Perhaps someone could specify which part of the Act prohibits the import or sale of a PV kit?

I have seen people quote definitions from the Tobacco Act. But definitions are simply that, definitions. You then have to read how the Act applies restrictions or prohibitions on the various products and actions defined by the definitions. Just falling under a definition does not make it banned! Clearly cigarettes and cigars fall under certain definitions too. and they are not banned.

The sticky also mentions that vaping in public carries a $500 fine. Please can someone direct me to the statute that states this? There is no mention in the Tobacco Act (which in any case, applies to the advertising and sale of products, not to their use). I fail to see how smoking in public is allowed (albeit not everywhere) but vaping is not. Furthermore, many people vape zero nic juices....which clearly don't contravene the Tobacco Act in any way or form. So how could that carry a fine?

I did see a poll where the majority of people did not consider vaping in the region to be illegal. From what I have read so far, I am inclined to agree with the majority. But would very much appreciate the knowledge and wisdom from people who know a lot more on the subject than I do.

Tankteam

Feb 6, 2014
North
  • Deleted by classwife

doc julio

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2014
UK
Well, I have Protank 3, Mini protank3. Mini Pro tank 2, and Aerotank. Amongst others.

And what I would say is this. They vape fine from new, but the dual coils are more hassle to rebuild than the single ones. So unless you have a steady source of new coils, then rebuidling is the key factor.

Some people rebuild with two coils. But I think the better approach is to rebuild the dual coil heads with a single coil in an 'elliptical' shape (actually it is not elliptical exactly, more two connected semi-circles). There's a video on you tube on how to do it. Basically kanthal wound around two drill bits with spacers in between. The video is rather long (the guy kinda drags it out) but the solution is better than doing dual coils I think.

I am sure other people will have better suggestions than Kanger clearos tho'.

My next option is going to be a MPV2 plus a Boge LR carto & tank. They (Boge LR cartos) seem to last so much longer than coils, and give more reliable performance. At the moment I am dripping them as I have the cartos but no tank.....

htoratsa

Jun 4, 2012
SG
  • Deleted by Syn007
  • Reason: No sourcing here

htoratsa

Jun 4, 2012
SG
  • Deleted by classwife

Libertarian101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member