New volt sealed auto batts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Got to try another sealed auto kit, this one from Delware Vapor that I won during Vaporcon. It's a smoov kit. There is a slight change to the post, there's a small hole in the center in addition to the ones on the side. This made it a little more airy of a draw than the volt batts, but not a huge difference. This is also going to make them more susceptible to juice getting in and killing the switch. On their site they say they're 5v regulated to 3.7v, but the usb charger even lists the maximum output is 4.5v. My guess is it's a misprint, they're 4.2v batts regulated to the 3.7 range (in other words a gen 2 kr808 batt). Tested both, one came in at 3.61v on load, the other 3.63v on load. The cartos came in at 2.7ohm on the lowest one, and 3.1ohm on the highest. Still reminds me more of a manual than an auto. Both were shorties, and batt 1 after three uses averaged 167 minutes, batt 2 165 minutes average with chain vaping on a 2.9ohm carto.

Michealcly (sir or Ms.?) can only say the ones I've gotten from Provape, Good Prophets, and Nhaler all don't add any resistance...

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
No problem Neo (guessing sir). :)

Ms. Lulu what do you think of the draw on them?

So sorry for lag time in replying. It's OK because I enjoy a tight draw. I've been known to tighten the draw on some of my batts because it seems more natural to me. Thumbs up from me.

FishmanTx

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Beeville, Texas
Yup, I like a tighter draw as well. I prefer the feel of an analog. My 4081 draws like my analog has a crack or a hole in the paper. For me, tighter is definitely better.

Re: Cartos
I'm still trying to suss out which does what and has effect on whatever. I need the tighter draw (batteries/cartos), but I also need a warmer vape which should give me a milder TH. A cool vape kicks my "cougher" in gear. It is lower res cartos that give the warmer vape, nez pas? Who's carto's should I be looking at? WOWs from V4L? Or will the stock SI cartos do the trick at 2.x ohms? Should I be looking at 1.x ohms rather? Dual coils?

Thanks!

SteelJan, love your vids! They're what made me decide on the Volt, but AGAINST the Mega PCC (THANK YOU for that one!!). Morandir, yours too!
BTW, can ya'll recommend any tanks for the 808s?

Fish

Last edited:

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
FishermanTX (guessing sir?) I don't have any vids save one showing how to reset a switch... Anyways if you want a warmer low th carto stick with what you have. Horizontal coil cartos give you either lots of flavor and no th at a higher ohm/lower voltage, or muted flavor with nothing but th and heat at higher voltage/lower ohms. You'll need a bare metal carto to use a tank, and a way to punch the carto as well. Would only use it with a manual batt, the sealed autos are not leak proof but resistant. Can still be done in by a leaky carto, just takes more juice. A leaky tank will increase those chances. Hope this helps...

FishmanTx

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Beeville, Texas
Re: vids: my bad, I thought the one I had watched on the e-cig lanyard/"Taryn spin" was yours. But thanks for the great info, anyway.

Re: tank and the manual battery: yep, saw that one coming. I'll probably build an e-cig from scratch then. I have the dremel to modify an atty (or carto? standard length?) but would rather not build a tank. I saw a vid for using the barrel of a 20ml hypo for what I assumed was a 510 tank, but thought maybe a prefab for an 808 would be a little more idiot proof. Being a noob at this kinda sux. I know what I want, but don't know how to get there. :)

Thanks!

Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread