• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New VIP S.G. Members Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Tammie (tutu, LOL) and FishStix (more lol) WELCOME.

S.W. Phoenix? I'm in Surprise and Terraphon is about 2 miles from me as well. Where are you at?

Hope you can make our next meeting. Date hasn't been set yet (waiting to talk to Hazelwood's on Monday). Check the VIP forum often for the new thread announcing the date.

Hi Hellen.

The Mrs. and I are located at 71st Ave and Lower Buckeye (Save the jokes. We've heard 'em all and written a few new ones!) and we have family ALL OVER the valley (including Surprise).

Really looking forward to a meet. Need some serious knowledge transfer.

(Was surprised to see the location of Hazelwoods! I used to manage the "Liquor Barn" that used to be on the opposite corner there many moons ago! Talk about a return to old "stomping grounds"!)

We've pretty much got a handle on the 510s (they seem to work just as described), but the trial-and-error on hardware maintenance and juice vendors is getting somewhat old. Looking for some straight answers from some "old-hands".

'Til then....

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Don't hesitate to post questions in any of our threads here on VIP FishStyx! We're always happy to try and help! These are the only threads I don't kill (usually). LOL

Looking forward to meeting you and Mrs. Tutu!! :)

I should have a date for the next meeting tomorrow, as promised by John, sighh. Looks like we're getting the boot on Sundays though... Football season and the manager thinks they won't have room for us. Want us to do Saturday during the season. Look for a new thread with the info. tomorrow.
v.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Hellen.

The Mrs. and I are located at 71st Ave and Lower Buckeye (Save the jokes. We've heard 'em all and written a few new ones!) and we have family ALL OVER the valley (including Surprise).

Really looking forward to a meet. Need some serious knowledge transfer.

(Was surprised to see the location of Hazelwoods! I used to manage the "Liquor Barn" that used to be on the opposite corner there many moons ago! Talk about a return to old "stomping grounds"!)

We've pretty much got a handle on the 510s (they seem to work just as described), but the trial-and-error on hardware maintenance and juice vendors is getting somewhat old. Looking for some straight answers from some "old-hands".

'Til then....

Welcome to VIP! You're in luck with Juice vendors. Jerry, Matt and Chad (local juice vendors..and Chad also supplies hardware) provide great juice and excellent customer service at nice prices! Give em a shot (Jerry runs Aroma e-Juice (recommend Red Bull flavor..my all time fav), Matt runs Wet Your Stick (I'm a Cola fan from him) and Chad runs ecigsupply (loving the creme de coconut)..all straight up guys). We've got some great local suppliers that attend our VIP meetings! Hopefully I can make it next time (if Vicky can hook me up with a weekday meet hint hint..love ya Vicky!! haha.)

Dreamer

Mar 6, 2009
California
Hi Helen, invo, SheerLuckHolmes, Tammietutu, Alientropy, Bob, Terrie, FishStyx, and desrtrat ! Pleased to make you acquaintance !

I have actually been a member here for quite awhile, just not the talkative type I guess. I was only a casual vape until a couple of weeks ago when I made the break from analogs. I had quit and failed so many times during the last 30 years, I was afraid to even try again. It's really hell on the self-dignity to fail again and again and ....

So with with some 901s and a couple of magnums firmly in-hand, I mustered the courage to try again. And damn if I have not made it ten days so far without a cig. Every day gets a little easier, every day I feel a little better. Thanks to ecigs, I am confident that I am going to win this time. Even just reading this forum every night for a little while helps my resolve and keeps me focused.

It's my wife, and best friend that made me aware of ecigs. Told me about it after seeing someone selling them in the shopping mall. This site was (and is) one of the best sources of information I have found, and I have sent many of my friends and associated here for answers to their ecig questions.

It's a real pleasure to meet you all.

Just realized that this thread was only intended for Phoenix member. The little edit box won't let me delete the message, so you'll have to accept my apologies. Truth is I grew up in ScottsDale long before it became an old money town. It was cactus, coyotes, sand, snakes, and road runners back then. I left a part of me in the desert when I had to leave the place.

Last edited:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Awww, no problem Dreamer! Easy to do on the forum (people can post in Social Group forums once without signing up as a member, weird glitch in SJ's system).

Thanks for poping in to say hello and let us know that you were one of the few to escape from here, ha. Let us know if you are ever in town!!
HAH

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I <3 U 2 Ratty

hahahahahahaaaaaa

I'll see if I can't find something. What about you? Have any ideas (place/date). Hell, I'll meet ya for a brew!!

Did you get permission to leave the house?

hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

Well...I'm not really supposed to leave this area *draws 10' circle around himself and tests the chain he's attached too* :p

And the only place I know that I've been able to vape in my neck of the woods is at the Tilted Kilt on Warner and Kyrene...but not sure if that's an appropriate place hahah not to mention i've never been in there with a big group of vapers so it may not be good. I know there's a hookah bar next to the Ahwatukee AMC 24 on Ray and the I-10, but I know not too many people live out here on my side of town and I've never been in the bar personally...It's probably better to have some place that's centrally located like Hazelwoods so nobody has to drive to the other side of the valley...I hope some others have some ideas. I'm not familiar with that part of town unfortunately.

And anytime you wanna meet for a beer..just let me know, I'm in! Hell..I might even buy the first round! haha :D

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Answers in Maroon below:

Well...I'm not really supposed to leave this area *draws 10' circle around himself and tests the chain he's attached too* :p
LOL you think you'll get 10'?! Nah, women came up with the saying "Give them an inch and they'll take a mile." You'll be lucky if you can shuffle your Converse in a small circle. At least it'll be scenery.

By the way, we know that Crop Circles are a myth. They are really made by men chained in little circles by their wives.
YouTube - Sacred Geometry in Crop Circles

And the only place I know that I've been able to vape in my neck of the woods is at the Tilted Kilt on Warner and Kyrene...but not sure if that's an appropriate place hahah not to mention i've never been in there with a big group of vapers so it may not be good. I know there's a hookah bar next to the Ahwatukee AMC 24 on Ray and the I-10, but I know not too many people live out here on my side of town and I've never been in the bar personally...It's probably better to have some place that's centrally located like Hazelwoods so nobody has to drive to the other side of the valley...I hope some others have some ideas. I'm not familiar with that part of town unfortunately.

Well, you may get your wish for a week day evening meeting. Looks like we're out of Hazelwoods for September Sundays (unless we want to be outside at 1:00... uhhh NO! iDIoTs). Only other option was to go at 9:00 am so we get the room first... Anybody have thoughts on that?

We can't do Saturday afternoon there either (some college group , umm, Purdue Alum.??) meets and watches football in the room so unless we want to go and blow vapor on them and kick .......(Dan volunteers!!) it's a no go).

I've got to wait for John (again) to get with the bar manager and finally get me a schedule of their activities at night during the week and for Sundays following September (I've asked for 2 months for one). So... we may jump a month, or do a casual night down at Hazelwoods just for Dan. ;)
And anytime you wanna meet for a beer..just let me know, I'm in! Hell..I might even buy the first round! haha :D

Sounds fun! Really. Do you have specific days/times that work out better for you Dan? Days you are allowed some chain? ;)

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
Read the whole post right above ya Dis...

So, up in the air till that gets worked out.
v.

I think I speak for most of us when I say "Choose a date, tell us where to be, and we'll be there." :)

Since you have sign in sheets, you can judge turnout as we go and analytically determine the best days.

I'm itching for some cheese sticks....:D

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
I think I speak for most of us when I say "Choose a date, tell us where to be, and we'll be there." :)

I agree Disman....just tell me when and where. I wanna meet all you "characters". Seems to be a well adjusted group of people (hahahahah)....Hey, no offense. "normal" people are overrated..hehehe

P.S. They wrote a book about me too and it's called "I'm OK, Your OK" cant remember the author cause I have CRS...

Last edited:

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Answers in Maroon below:

Sounds fun! Really. Do you have specific days/times that work out better for you Dan? Days you are allowed some chain? ;)

Sweet! Most weekday evenings work well. The chain is just replaced with the cell phone (and gps implant in my brain)... Just drop me a line (or post on the board) when you're bored and are willing to be seen in public with the likes of me and we can set something up :)

Hi there. New member here.

My name is Ziggy Kennedy and I play music here in Phoenix and other places when I get a chance. I have been off analogs for 2 weeks now and I am slowly getting my wife to stop and join me with the help of a M402 hand down when I got my 510. I played my first big show on Saturday night without smoking and analog for the first time in my adult life. So I am rather pleased with everything and absorbing as much info as possible.

I am going to try to make the September meeting if my schedule allows me to do such.

Nice to meet you all.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hey Ziggy! Congrats on the show and doing it analog free. You'll have to let us know where and when you play next.

I just got a M401 (little longer lasting than the 402, but the batteries are all interchangeable). I was surprised how good these are. It is my first one that looks like a cig. (normally use 801 or 510). The new E-Dobit on the exposed atomizer is pretty great (and she may take to the 401 easier) rather than trying to refill those crummy little cartridges or having to purchase them, which can be expensive). Here is some info.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/video-reviews/31190-8pm-est-tongiht-i-have-exclusive-review.html
and
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/33033-e-dobit-update-supplies.html
She'll be taking orders again in a week or so. Turned the 401 into a useful e-cig. ha. Recommended for the 510 and 801 too! I got 4 of them.

Watch for a new thread in the VIP forum with the September meeting information, coming soon (yes, I'm still waiting on John). We hope you both will be able to come meet everyone. Let us know if we can help with anything.
V.

Hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to everyone for posting all this info on vaping. I'm Tim, new to Phoenix and e-cigarettes. I heard about the digital option in a roundabout way (a family member knew of a coworker who was vaping Red Bull), and finally decided to give it a try. I just received my first eCig a couple of days ago from PureSmoke. From just a quick glance it seems like there is a lot of info in this forum that could be helpful (thanks!). I used to make homebrew beers but I may have to switch over to learning about custom vapor blends. Cheers!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hey Timmer and Andy, Glad you found your way in to the VIP Room!

Andy - Sorry you won't be able to make the next meeting! I'll post a schedule for the next ones soon. We have a few people from 'up the hill' like EmsMom in Prescott.

Timmer, check out the info. thread for our meeting on September 19th! Bring your new Prodigy to show off!

Welcome to the Group!! We have a great bunch here. You might have to fill in the blank for what a great bunch of ______ we are after you meet us all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread