new vapor shop directory, over 15,000 shops listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Vapor Rater

Sep 10, 2015
if you have a minute, please check out this new vape shop directory i put together.

it's got over 15,000 vape shops, a review system, geolocation, and a mapping system.

it's, by far, the most comprehensive listing of vapor shops in the united states.

theVaporRater.com – Largest Vape Shop Directory in the US

there are some other sites that are doing similar things. the problem is that the directories with a few thousand shops don't have any decent mapping and geolocation features. and the ones that have nice maps and geolocation features only have a few hundred shops, so they're not very useful.

i spent a month or two and compiled names, addresses, and phone number for over 15,000 vape shops in the US. you can search for shops by zip code or city/state name or street address. i've also got a review system on there for overall rating, product selection, pricing, and customer service. if you love or hate a shop, please find it on the directory and give it an honest review. the more reviews there are, the more useful this site will be.

the idea is that if you're out of town or move to a new place, you can use this directory to find shops near you and you can decide which one to visit first based on what other vapers think about the shop.

i'm working on native android and iOS apps that access this same database of shops and reviews. the website scales nicely for phones and tablets, but a native app that accesses the phone's gps seems like a better solution than just using the website through a browser. i'm hoping to have the native apps in the app stores within a few months. for android, i can publish the app into the store immediately, but apple is a lot pickier about what gets into their app store. it's usually about 3 months between submitting the app and getting the app published. the android and iOS apps will be free. for now though, using the website through your phone should work pretty well. the map, search results, and vape shop pages all scale down for mobile devices.

if there's anything i've overlooked or features you'd like to see, please email me and i'll look into it. i know this isn't perfect, but i think it's the best and most comprehensive vapor shop directory in the united states.

probably the quickest way to get me is by email --> josh@thevaporrater.com

tl;dr --> there's a new mapping and review system for vapor shops at theVaporRater.com – Largest Vape Shop Directory in the US - please use it and let me know what i can do to make it more useful. please tell your friends and leave reviews for shops on the site, the more reviews that are posted, the more useful the site will be.

thanks for your time.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
sorry about that. since i can't post a link to the contact page on the site, just message me or post the link in this thread and i'll get rid of those entries.
Thanks. I found your link on the website. Will comb through the sites in my area and notify you of the ones that are not vape shops.

Will be really nice once everyone combs through the shops in their area!:)

The Vapor Rater

Sep 10, 2015
absolutely, that would be a huge help. thank you. what happened is that i was getting my data from yellowpages.com, google maps, yahoo local, and a few more places and some businesses that aren't vapor shops were listed on those sites as vapor shops, so they got caught up in the scrape. i tried to get rid of the shops that weren't really vapor shops, like walgreens and cvs (a lot of pharmacy type stores are listed in google and yahoo as vapor shops just because they have a few e-cigs). but i'm sure i missed quite a few. please use the contact form on the site or message me through here and i'll get rid of any shops listed that aren't true vape shops.

thanks again for the help. that's why i posted here, i figured this would be a useful, free tool for you guys to find shops, and it would make the site better having you guys point out my mistakes and leaving reviews on the site.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Well, it has the only vape shop in my little town. Funny though, it says .67 miles from town and it's really located on Central Ave. which is the main street here. It's about a mile within the city limits. There's a good write up in the local newspaper about the shop. Owners of Central City Vapors getting settled in

Central City Vapors
0.67 miles away from Marshfield, Wisconsin

The Vapor Rater

Sep 10, 2015
Well, it has the only vape shop in my little town. Funny though, it says .67 miles from town and it's really located on Central Ave. which is the main street here. It's about a mile within the city limits. There's a good write up in the local newspaper about the shop. Owners of Central City Vapors getting settled in

Central City Vapors
0.67 miles away from Marshfield, Wisconsin

yeah, i'm using google maps to do the geolocation distances and it's kind of weird sometimes. when you search for a city or zip code, it finds the true center of that area and uses that as "0.00 miles away from whatever". so i guess google maps is saying that the shop is 0.67 miles from the true geographical center of your town. you can use addresses too and it'll tell you exactly how far the shops are away from that exact address.

that's a cool article about that shop in your town.

Reactions: gandymarsh

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
yeah, i'm using google maps to do the geolocation distances and it's kind of weird sometimes. when you search for a city or zip code, it finds the true center of that area and uses that as "0.00 miles away from whatever". so i guess google maps is saying that the shop is 0.67 miles from the true geographical center of your town. you can use addresses too and it'll tell you exactly how far the shops are away from that exact address.

that's a cool article about that shop in your town.
Yeah, I liked the article too.

I'm somewhat amazed that it was listed at all. They just opened in March.

Thanks for all the effort you put into this.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Used your "contact" form to send you links to places that were obviously not vape shops.

Is there any way to distinguish a vape shop from a tobacco/hookah/head shop that may also sell a few beginner ecigs like ego's? There is no way for me to visit them to see exactly what they do sell. But having them in two different categories would be nice.

Maybe that could be an add-on once your site it up and running and people are using it.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

The Vapor Rater

Sep 10, 2015
Used your "contact" form to send you links to places that were obviously not vape shops.

Is there any way to distinguish a vape shop from a tobacco/hookah/head shop that may also sell a few beginner ecigs like ego's? There is no way for me to visit them to see exactly what they do sell. But having them in two different categories would be nice.

Maybe that could be an add-on once your site it up and running and people are using it.

yeah, i agree, that would be nice. hopefully business owners will start claiming their business listings on here so they can make it more obvious if their shop is a full blown vapor shop or if they just have a few things like ego's.

i'm working on an easier way of reporting non-vapor shop listings right now. i want a single link on the right hand side of the business listing page where you just have to click it and it emails me so i can remove that listing. going through the contact form is too much work.

for now, i'll just remove tobacco/hookah/head shops, but i won't erase them completely. i'll make a new category for those listings and move them to the new category sometime soon. that way they won't show up as vapor shops.

Reactions: Susan~S

The Vapor Rater

Sep 10, 2015

oh, and i got your email, i'll get rid of those listings tonight. thanks.

Reactions: Susan~S
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread