New to E-Cigs...Ego-C vs 510-T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueduckgal

Mar 16, 2013
USA
Hi, I'm new here. Someone I met online suggested I try the eGO-C. I'm really confused about e-cigs in general and I want to buy from a brick and mortar store in my area. However, after searching for stores in my area they seem to carry the 510-T. I smoke about 3/4 pack of regular cigarettes a day and am looking to try e-cigs. I found this forum searching google and read the 510-T's leak? Would it be worth it for me to try buying online for an eGo-C?

I am sorry and hope I won't get flamed but I'm completely new to this whole thing. I've been smoking regular cigarettes from about 7 years now. Any help would be appreciated.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
The 510-T is a cig-sized ( though possibly longer if the batteries are 280 mah ) e-cig. It comes with a tank atomizer. The atomizer is like any other atomizer, except it has a sharp tip on the inside that pierces the cartridges ( the tanks - where the T comes from in the name ) and allows the liquid to drip down to the heating coil. The T atomizers cannot be used without a tank cartridge.

In my experience, the tank cartridge/atomizer combo does not work. It leaks or does not wick juice effectively enough, leading to dry, burnt hits.

An eGo-C is a bigger battery, about the size of a cigar. It also uses a tank atomizer system, but it allows the atomizer heads to be replaced. In theory, it is really no different than the 510-T. The atomizer has a base that can be re-used, but there's not much difference between changing heads and changing the whole atomizer. I personally wouldn't recommend either because I don't like tank atomizers. I am sure others out there like them. I haven't used the eGo-C, but I have used the 510-T. I think an eGo-style battery of at least 650 mah with cartomizers ( my favorite ) or clearomizers ( other people's favorite ) would be a better choice.

charmschool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
North Georgia
The "C" and "T" are just different batteries. Neither leaks. What does leak is the juice delivery system (and they ALL do at some point). You've got the choice of cartomizers, clearomizers & atomizers. This blog entry does a great job of explaining them http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rto-tank-what-juice-delivery-attachments.html. Different starter kits come with different delivery systems, but you can always buy more (and trust me, you will). The main difference between the two batteries is that the "C" battery is fixed voltage, while the "T" battery has a twist button on the bottom that allows you to turn the power up or down, which affect vapor, warmth & throat hit. Some people and juices like it hotter, some cooler. I recommend the twist, since once you start vaping, you'll start experimenting, and you're already one piece of equipment ahead of the game, for about the same price.

Last edited:

blueduckgal

Mar 16, 2013
USA
Thanks. I'm not sure what I got really. The shop was crowded and I'm not too sure of the specifications. It's an eGO-C Upgrade with Carto (cartomizer?). They didn't have a ton of models, so I guess this was as good as any to start. The nicotine in the juice was a little low so before I got completely home I went back and had them add more. I don't think this one is the twist...but I at least made a start. My ultimate goal is to quit smoking alltogether and since patches, gum etc didn't work I thought I'd try this. At least I'm not killing my lungs in the process.

charmschool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
North Georgia
Thanks. I'm not sure what I got really. The shop was crowded and I'm not too sure of the specifications. It's an eGO-C Upgrade with Carto (cartomizer?). They didn't have a ton of models, so I guess this was as good as any to start. The nicotine in the juice was a little low so before I got completely home I went back and had them add more. I don't think this one is the twist...but I at least made a start. My ultimate goal is to quit smoking alltogether and since patches, gum etc didn't work I thought I'd try this. At least I'm not killing my lungs in the process.

ANY start is a good start. I'll clue you in to something it took me a while to figure out, and NO ONE ever mentioned it. Batteries have a life span. Duh, right? The eGos are good, but they will need to be replaced eventually. There will be opportunities to upgrade along the way.

Also, it sorta sounds like you only bought one eGo? If so, pick up a 2nd one when you get a chance- they take several hours to recharge, and if you're hitting it a lot, the battery will discharge as quickly as 6 or 7 hours (depending on what mah they sold you). You've done the right thing, taking the first step. It's a very personal journey. Some make the full transistion more easily & quickly than others. Just keep coming here with your questions & any problems, and we'll help!

Last edited:

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
The eGo-C upgrade lets you switch between unregulated and regulated mode. Unregulated means it will come off the charger at a high voltage and then steadily drop down. Regulated means it will output 3.3 volts until the battery needs charged. It also has 5 click on/off protection. Here are the instructions from the website:

Switching operation and features :
1. From constant voltage output mode to new battery voltage output:
1.1 When the mode is 3.3.v constant output mode, you can lock the battery by 5 clicks (blue LED blinks 3 times).
1.2 By pressing button for 5 seconds, LED will change to orange with 3 blinks. The battery has switched
to variable voltage output mode (battery voltage output mode).
1.3 Then you can use as usual by 5 clicks off and smoke in battery voltage output.
1.4 In new battery voltage output mode, the LED is orange and battery doesn't have power display function.
1.5 When charging, orange LED will blink 5 times in this new mode.

2. From new battery voltage output to constant voltage output mode:
2.1 In new battery voltage output mode, you can lock the battery by 5 clicks again (orange LED blinks 3 times).
2.2 By pressing button for 5 seconds, LED will change to blue with 3 blinks. And the mode has switched to
3.3V constant voltage output mode.
2.3 Then you can use as usual by 5 clicks off and smoke in 3.3V constant voltage.
2.4 In 3.3V constant voltage, the battery features has no difference from present eGo-C battery.
2.5 When charging, blue LED blinks 5 times in this mode.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hi, I'm new here. Someone I met online suggested I try the eGO-C. I'm really confused about e-cigs in general and I want to buy from a brick and mortar store in my area. However, after searching for stores in my area they seem to carry the 510-T. I smoke about 3/4 pack of regular cigarettes a day and am looking to try e-cigs. I found this forum searching google and read the 510-T's leak? Would it be worth it for me to try buying online for an eGo-C?

I am sorry and hope I won't get flamed but I'm completely new to this whole thing. I've been smoking regular cigarettes from about 7 years now. Any help would be appreciated.

For a starter I'd definitely recommend the eRoll kit. I'm on it, and so r many others on this very forum, and we all love it. Pls check (highly respected) PBusardo's youtube review of it HERE and u'd know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread