New survey from ASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Wow! In the Daily Mail??? Holy mackerel! No FUD, lies, horse manure and scare mongering???
(except the links to the 3 e-cigs-will-kill-you-your-dog-and-your-canary-too FUD crappy articles they published before ;) )
What on earth is going on?

Professor Robert West, who led the study, said: 'Despite claims that use of electronic cigarettes risks renormalising smoking, we found no evidence to support this view. On the contrary, electronic cigarettes may be helping to reduce smoking as more people use them as an aid to quitting.'

Charles Hamshaw-Thomas, legal and corporate affairs director of e-cigarette company E-Lites, said: 'Study after study is showing that scaremongering that e-cigarettes are luring people into tobacco is baseless nonsense. The reverse is going on - smokers are switching into e-cigarettes as the way to reduce the harm from tobacco.'

I love it, love it, love it! :)
(But I cannot help feeling suspicious.... something is going on. As if the Pope had turned Muslim all of a sudden. Hm..... I am kind of waiting for things to come... )

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Hm... not convinced, dear.

Ok, Big tobacco is jumping into the market. Big T has clout. And money.
Big Pharma has been opposing e-cigs like the devil opposes holy water. Of course. E-cigs are competition to useless and costly NRT's. And - not to forget this point - smokers switching to e-cigs will be much less likely to develop those smoking-related diseases that make a bundle for Big P.
But Big P coming up with anything resembling a workable e-cig? On the day that hell freezes over....

/edit:
Unless.
... Big P is preparing for medical regulation in the UK. When they can sell some useless e-cig imitates to the NHS for a lot of money. And the NHS distributes that worthless, useless crap to smokers, like gums and patches. And Big P makes a bundle off that stuff.

Stuff sold. Stuff does not work. Smokers continue to smoke. Smokers get sick. Big P makes a bundle.

Hey... you got a point there, after all. ;)

Last edited:

Plum

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
UK
/edit:
Unless.
... Big P is preparing for medical regulation in the UK. When they can sell some useless e-cig imitates to the NHS for a lot of money. And the NHS distributes that worthless, useless crap to smokers, like gums and patches. And Big P makes a bundle off that stuff.

Stuff sold. Stuff does not work. Smokers continue to smoke. Smokers get sick. Big P makes a bundle.

Hey... you got a point there, after all. ;)[/QUOTE]

Precisely!

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
@Plum:
Same time posting :)
Yeah, that is the only thing that makes sense. Especially in the UK. Where - if I am informed correctly - the National Health Service (= government agency) buys up (with taxpayers money) the stuff that they then distribute to the patients. Having the government (or gov't agency) buy up Big P's worthless crap for a lot of money would be ... to Big P .. the best thing since Tamiflu.
And we all remember the big huge "pandemic" flu scare that the press fanned quite happily.

Yeah, I think you got a point there.

/edit:
For those not familiar with the big huge gigantic Tamiflu ... uhm.... (looking for a half-way neutral word).. uhm... business deal, see here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/s...s-given-for-swine-flu-were-waste-of-500m.html

And yes, the German government bought a lot of the stuff as well. Much of which must now be destroyed. Just like burning money. Tax money, I may add.

Last edited:

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
This is the problem the FDA/BP cabal have, they lost their best chance to kill the e-cig when they lost the court case on them being a medical device. Now the truth is coming out with the honest studies and surveys and even the mainstream media can no longer ignore the facts.

That's why there is so much waffling in the proposed regulations, they know that we can and will use the truth to undermine the bovine excrement they and their minions have been spreading.

:2c::vapor:

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
On the heels of this excellent article, comes yet another. Hmmmm, I wonder if somebody tried to do some damage control with the first. lol. http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...packaging-grant-application-and-fund-decision

Wow! Just wow! Great find, dear! :thumbs:

"For the Government to in effect spend money to lobby itself is ridiculous and unjustifiable in equal measure. This improper funding relationship should stop and the Government should investigate this and any other similar arrangements to ensure taxpayers' money is not abused in this way".

I could not agree more.

So you think that ASH is now engaging in an attempt to control damage (to itself)?

Danoman

Moved On
Oct 11, 2013
Anniston, Al, USA
Wow! In the Daily Mail??? Holy mackerel! No FUD, lies, horse manure and scare mongering???
(except the links to the 3 e-cigs-will-kill-you-your-dog-and-your-canary-too FUD crappy articles they published before ;) )
What on earth is going on?

I love it, love it, love it! :)
(But I cannot help feeling suspicious.... something is going on. As if the Pope had turned Muslim all of a sudden. Hm..... I am kind of waiting for things to come... )

Hahahaha... after this last week, i'm starting to think the Pope is. (jk) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread