NEW! SMOKtech DCT - Dual Coil 6.5ml Tank - Available NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJBinNM

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2011
New Mexico
how big are these things, are they pocketable? do they stick out a lot on a ego type battery?

and are they cleanable or when they have filler, you can't clean them?

The tanks are just over 3/4 inch diameter and 1-3/4 inch long without the tip. They are wider than an ego...pocketability is a matter of opinion so I can't really help you there.

The tanks are re-usable. You may be able to clean the carto, but they do have filler in them. As long as you haven't burnt the filler, you can probably clean and re-use them. They do sell replacement cartos so if cleaning doesn't work, just put in a new one.

how did you modify it? are you talking about the newest fluxo tubes?

I used some "empty battery tube" (you may be able to use an old stainless steel carto tube, but you will need to make sure the CE2 will fit into it) and cut a piece the length of the thickness of the top cap and another one about 3/16-1/4 inch longer than the thickness of the bottom cap. I had to remove the inner o-rings from the caps and push the tubes into the caps. The tubes fit tightly in the caps and I've had no leaking issues. The bottom tube sticks out of the bottom cap about .2 inch. I had to fiddle with the length of the bottom tube to get the CE2 cup to be in the right position with the top cap. You can then use your method of choice to seal the cup to the top cap.

I'm using the previous version of the CE2 XL. Just remove the plastic tube and push it into the modified bottom cap. I don't have any of the newest ones, but as long as the base diameter is the same, the new ones should work.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
What are the components of the cartomizer? I have had some less than appealing results from several different fillers. I am assuming these are the fillered kind? That's why I like the fluxomizers so much, my lungs like wicks better. I wonder can they be modified to take the steel fluxos, or even the fluxos modified for the tank. I just don't understand enough about how these tanks work. Any direction for this tank newb would be greatly appreciated, maybe links to a video. I feel really slow looking at them, like it is simple and I should understand, but without the manipuable in my hand,i am not very good at understanding the engineering of an item.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
... I have had some less than appealing results from several different fillers. I am assuming these are the fillered kind? That's why I like the fluxomizers so much, my lungs like wicks better. ...

My 2 cents: If you don't like cartos with filler, stick to the Vision Extreme Giant. It's not much less volume of juice.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
My 2 cents: If you don't like cartos with filler, stick to the Vision Extreme Giant. It's not much less volume of juice.

I reply do like those, but since I haven't figured out how to replace the wicks in these like I do the clearos, I am exploring my options. And not all fillers have given me a negative reaction, so it would suck to invest in this and not be able to mod it for my purposes.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
I reply do like those, but since I haven't figured out how to replace the wicks in these like I do the clearos, I am exploring my options. And not all fillers have given me a negative reaction, so it would suck to invest in this and not be able to mod it for my purposes.

The cartos in the tank are SMOKtech Dual Coil 1.5 ohm Cartomizer. You can find them around sold as singles. Try one or two, and then come back here for the tank and matching cartos if you like them. ;)

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
or get one of these and dont use the dc. i dont have one yet but i would think the diameter of the dc is the same as a xl steel fluxo. i know gv is not going to have them any more but if you have some you can take one and dremel some slots in it lengthwise (from end to end as opposed to across the tube like for gummy tanks and such) from a little above the base to just under the ceramic cup. one slot on each side should be enough or do 3 of 4 to be sure lol. slide in tank just like the dc carto. then fill as you would normally fill the ce2 only it will fill the tank too. several people are selling ce2 tanks similar to this for much more money but also in other materials like ss. a little searching the forum will find you more information then you prolly want to look through :)
hope this helps
:vapor:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
I am really excited to see GV get into tanks. I only have a few issues with the new tank, as I compare it to the tanks that I use.

1) I don't like LR. I've used SS DC's in my tanks, and just don't like them. My current tank uses a single coil Fusion carto, and it performs much better. Any chance of getting a broader selection of cartos?

2) It's a bit TOO big. 3ML is the perfect size for a tank, at least for me. I like to change up my flavors, not my tanks. My current rotation is with 2 different tanks. One is 3ML and the other is 5ML. I use the 5ML much less.

3) Why the proprietary cartos? And, at that price?

LD

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
I am really excited to see GV get into tanks. I only have a few issues with the new tank, as I compare it to the tanks that I use.

1) I don't like LR. I've used SS DC's in my tanks, and just don't like them. My current tank uses a single coil Fusion carto, and it performs much better. Any chance of getting a broader selection of cartos?

2) It's a bit TOO big. 3ML is the perfect size for a tank, at least for me. I like to change up my flavors, not my tanks. My current rotation is with 2 different tanks. One is 3ML and the other is 5ML. I use the 5ML much less.

3) Why the proprietary cartos? And, at that price?

LD

You can use any regular smoktech dual coil in this tank. No need to get a carto with the flange unless you want the added benefit of the tank not sliding around as other tanks can. I am not familiar with fusion cartos but if the diameter is the same you could cut the tank tube down so you could use the shorter carto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread