New PV Mod at V4L...The OMG All Day Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
The Smoketech Bolt with a 510 connector has been on the market for 8+ months and it utilizes a single 18490/18500 battery in standard form. There are matching colored extension tube rings sold so that it can utilize the larger 18650 battery...these are currently unavailable at V4L at this time.

This particular model Bolt aka OMG All Day Long is unique because it utiizes an 808D-1 connector. Will it really last All Day? Well, that depends on how much you vape and what type of atomizer(s) you are using. If you vape less than 5 mls a day, use single coil standard or single coil tank carto, especially the 3.0 ohm, then it very well could.

Because it is a basic 4.2v device I would suggest using Wow Cartos or the 2.0 Single Coil tank Cartomizers with this unit. Cool carts and 3.0 Single Coil Tank Cartomizers will certainly work but may be a tad on the cool side with less vapor production.

If you use 1.5 or 2.0 Ohm Dual Coil Tank Cartomizers and vape more than 5 or more mls a day, then no. If you are in this latter category get 2 batteries or purchase an extension ring so can use a protected 18650 battery.

The OMG All Day Long is a standard a no nonsense mechanical mod. Durable, it comes in many colors and at this time V4L is carrying 4 of those colors: Black, Blue, Yellow and Pink. The exterior tube has a krinkled finish which some claim makes it easier to grip.

Wider that a 6 ml tank, the OMG All Day Long sits nice on any desktop with a tank on top. As well this unit should be pretty bullet proof when it comes to leaking tanks. Due to it being a manual mechanical mod, there is no IC, no electronics to really speak of to short out per se.

This 808 version is like the standard 510 version in that it does not utilize an Ego connector. However, add a 808-510 adapter, then add an 510-808 Adapter on top of that, and you could your KR Ego 4x Mega Tanks....might look a little funny but it will work.

It sports a Horn Button, Horn buttons work well and with the beveled outer ring will not fire by accident while in your pocket. The tube threads do leave a lot to be desired, rough at first, they may require a light pass with some 400 grit sand paper and will benefit a lot from a little Noalax (thread lube sold at retail hardware stores), petroleum jelly or mineral oil.

If you have a problem out of the box with the tube threads contact C.S. and advise them. These threads used to be better with the earlier 510 version of this unit, so I’m not sure what happened there. Cross-threading or thread breakdown maybe an issues with these, time will tell.

A standard 3.7v device, like your KR808 batts, it will operate fully charged at 4.1_-4.2v and drain down until the unit needs recharging. There is no recharge indicator for this, no LED, so it will work until it stops working. Morandir is doing a panel of test for voltages for the various Cartomizer combinations at this time.

It can be used with the Kick for Variable Voltage by adding the extension tube or rings.

Add 1 ring....18490...and Kick
Add 2 rings...18650...and Kick

Hopefully this version has received more than just an 808 connector, hopefully the wiring on this unit has been improved. There is a lot of information on the the 510 Bolt, the biggest issue have come from fried wiring while using this PV with 1.5 Ohm dual coil tanks or LR drip atomizers.

Never use unprotected batteries with your PV device.....Never, ever. ever.
If you are not sure....ask!!!!

Questions for V4L:

Will these be available stand alone without purchasing the Kit?
Will extension tubes/rings be available, if yes, when?
Are batteries sold separately?
Will these be included with promotional discounts?
Will additional colors be available
Does this unit utilize larger gauge wiring as opposed to the standard V1.0 510 Bolt?
Will you be selling the "Kick" for VV options?
How is the draw...airy...tight..when compared to a VT?

Answers Provided by Dohsma:
-not available stand alone right away
-we are working on getting the extender rings for the larger batteries
-batteries will be sold separately when we have them in
-the price will be at such a point that we will not be able to further discount
-stay tuned for official announcement for color choices :p
-this is the 2nd version of this device, we are told the wiring is not an issue
-we are not selling the kick at this time
-draw is slightly tighter than a VT

Added Sidenote: V4L sent me one of these units for review/video review which I will share in the coming days. If you receive yours and find the draw to be a little too tight it can be remedied rather easily by opening up the 2 intake holes on the connector threads.

Simply take a paper clip, insert it into the intake holes and apply pressure while moving it around in a circular motion. To increase the opening even further I took a finish nail and applied the same method. This seem to have notably improved the draw without damaging the threads.

The battery ground spring on my particular unit did not sit flush which might cause an issue with the PCB on the bottom of your battery. If you find yours does not sit flush do not try to remove it. Instead take smaller diameter flat end rod (I used a ratchet extension) and compress the spring pushing down on the end of the top coil of the spring furthest from the housing at an angle to balance it back out so it sits nice and flush.

- and this is why they sent one to me :)

Thanks for closing the other post Dohsma, hopefully this one won't get derailed.

Last edited:

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
In considering whether to buy, wondering:

I can't use my 18490 AWIMR high drain batteries that I got with my Provari Mini? I suppose that means that I couldn't use the charger I got with them?

If I buy the kit, it comes with a charger I can't use on my power supply - and experience tells me that simply using an adapter to plug in to our power is not always a good idea. Indeed the sellers of Provari in Aus sell a different charger to the Provape one because of this. So I'd have to buy extra batteries elsewhere & a new Aus compatible charger. Hmmmm.

Just remembered I also would like to know;

how long & how wide are these mods, and how much do they weigh? (I had a problem with another mod because of weight & size)

Last edited:

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Ms. Katz you can use the charger for the 18490 imr batts with the batt that comes with the omg. I don't suggest using the imr batts with the omg all day because of the bolt's history with such cells. There are people who have gotten a few months of use from their bolt using an imr, others only a few weeks before burning out the wiring. It's why while you can use the kick on it, don't suggest it.

Chesterwiz

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2011
nowhere
Hello all. Long time no post....

I picked up the OMGAD package. I am having trouble. I filled it per Snow's vid but forgot one key part. Take a couple small sucks with finger on battery side of the cart. I got some plastic dry cart taste. OK, watched the vid again...Dry hit it too much and got a mouth full of wowboy! yuck. It was ok after that for a few drags but it goes back to drying up like the liquid is not replenishing the cart?

I have had to, for the last 4 sets of 3-4 drags, pull the drip tip and drop some liquid inside or do the finger on the battery side and suck some liquid into the cart manually.

Any thoughts why its not refilling the cart from the tank?

Its 3/4 full. Been sitting all day.

I have a head ache from the dry cart taste.

Frustrated Chesterwiz

Last edited:

SAG

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
STL
Hi Chesterwiz, glad to see ya! I wonder if the carto feeder holes are working/clogged? I've never had one clog or fail to feed, but I remember reading that someone did. If I recall, advised to back the carto out of tank, just enough that you have access to the 2 small holes in carto that feed in the juice. With a needle, GENTLY poke each of the feeder holes (just deep enough to make sure they're open and don't push too far in as to not damage the wick/coils inside). If this doesn't work might just be a faulty carto. If this info doesn't help or is on wrong track, one of the "big guys" will come along soon to help you get vaping.

xdunlapx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
Ohio, USA
I got my OMG mod today. It is so cute! Ok I got the pink one. It's a little cumbersome to hold but otherwise it's okay. The button is a little finicky. I mean that if it's not pressed hard and "for sure" it doesn't always fire. But I've gotten use to that. I put my normal butterscotch (also from v4l) into a tank and followed snowdragon's youtube video. Though I found it to be easier just to pop off the drip tip, pop off the top cap and just angle the tip of the bottle into the opening around the carto and fill it that way. Then I put about 10 drops into the carto on the top. Closed it all up. Put the drip tip back on. Covered the bottom hole, and puffed 2 sort medium strength puffs and popped it on my mod and vaped away. It was never dry and I haven't had flooding or a dry spot yet. I've been using it since about 7:30pm yesterday. It is now 4am Friday. Not had to change the battery or charge it yet. Still going strong! yay!

The build quality of both the mod itself and the tanks are very good if not excellent. I've nver owned a mod before so this is all new to me. So it's exciting. I like it very much. I can definitely see myself using this a lot.

On a side note, I briefly (once) went back to my PT and 3 day old butterscotch carto (blank filled with juice - not prefilled) and it tasted dirty and gross! I think somehow this carto in the tank is very good. It produces a very clean tasting vapor.

Ok that's all I can think of for now. That's my 2 cents on the new OMG All Day mod from V4L.. :) Happy vaping!

Chesterwiz

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2011
nowhere
Hi Chesterwiz, glad to see ya! I wonder if the carto feeder holes are working/clogged? I've never had one clog or fail to feed, but I remember reading that someone did. If I recall, advised to back the carto out of tank, just enough that you have access to the 2 small holes in carto that feed in the juice. With a needle, GENTLY poke each of the feeder holes (just deep enough to make sure they're open and don't push too far in as to not damage the wick/coils inside). If this doesn't work might just be a faulty carto. If this info doesn't help or is on wrong track, one of the "big guys" will come along soon to help you get vaping.

I checked the holes their clear. Still have to put my finger over the base and draw liquid into the cart every once in a while to keep the cart saturated. is my cart in the tank bad?

Ches

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I checked the holes their clear. Still have to put my finger over the base and draw liquid into the cart every once in a while to keep the cart saturated. is my cart in the tank bad?

Ches

Hey Chesterwiz...good to see you!

Sounds to me like a bad carto, like SAG said swap it out and give it another shot. You pull these DC apart and you have the atomizer, wick tube, diaper or wick padding, and the polyfill. If there is an issue with diaper or wick padding...it just not going to work. There is one other thing you can try which won't really hurt anything other costing you a little juice. If you have clean empty juice bottle somewhere (I suggest cleaning and saving to keep around for situations just like this) pop the dropper off, put the base of the carto over the bottle and drip 3 drops at a time until juice starts dripping out the bottom. Give it a minute or so drip out, place the tank on a paper towel, put a DT on it, take some tissue put it over the DT and without covering the connector give 3-5 short hard draws to clear out the air tube. Hold it to a light to see if the air tube is clear, if not give 3-5 more until the air tube stays clear.

Sometimes this is just more hassle then it is worth.....so you'll have to call that shot.

Personally I think you just got a bad carto, I have has a few that were just dead out of wrapping...wouldn't even fire.

Almost forgot, if you don't have a syringe just back the carto down so the top is below the cap, put your DT into the top cap so the O-rings are aligned and pour out the 2/3 of the juice into an empty bottle. Hold the tank on it's side and insert the replacement carto, this way you don't have drain the entire tank if you are planning on using the same flavor.

Last edited:

MystStick

ECF Veteran
Just have to say I received my new OMG all day mod today and I am already in love with it! I switched a 3.5 ml tank off from my titan just for a quick try and it was great! I thought I loved my eGo, but this is better! Just put in an order for two more today. Currently have the black, but have ordered the blue and the PINK!

It is a tad bulky and will be my PT replacement for the house.... will continue to use the titans for public, but that is just me. I love the vapor and since I am now a dedicated tank user, this will work well for me at home. Don't have to worry about the 1.5 dc not working with my PT.

Thanks V4L for giving me a new toy to play with!!

Edited to add: I love the fact that it "sits up" on its own. No more rolling off the table!

Last edited:

Chesterwiz

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2011
nowhere
Thank you for all of your help. I have decided to try it over the weekend as I have a feeling its working better. When I sense it might be drying up I grab the base of the tank with my hand to seal it off as much as I can and draw a few times with resistance. No button press. It helps draw liquid into the carto. I have been doing this less and less. I will try this over the weekend. I also think the warmer liquid from sitting in the car might help the liquid move into the cart.

I have the second tank with the kit I just filled per Snow's video on filling tanks and did it to the tee. I will let that one sit for a while and rest. I will test this tank after it sits for a bit and the first tank empties.

Over all happy with it lasting all day with medium use and 3/4 full at start.

Thank you once again!

What would I do with out all of you :)

Ches

Blooper

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Vegas
this thing will make you smile. :D Not possible to stealth vape with it unless you have gorilla hands. Still on the first charge and almost finished with my second tank fill. Love the big button. This is definitely a "man mode" mod. It feels sturdy and can possibly be used as a self defense weapon if the need arises. I think I am going to add a spike to the end and add this in the Zombie Apocalypse survival kit. The tank is wonderful as well. While it seems utterly useless for the survival kit, it does make me smile every time I think about it. Filling it was a breeze and there have been no leaks. The hits using wow peppermint have been spectacular. As I type this it seems the battery is tinkering out. Time for the first recharge. Lets see how long it takes. Happy vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread