New Provari came today and my extension doesn't screw in. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Opervapor

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Meridian, MS
I received my new Satin provari with blue LED today and was so excited! This is my second Provari. I use the extension cap for my older silver Provari because I only use 18650 battieries. Well the I put the battery in and proceeded to screw on my silver extension on and it would only screw on about a 1/4 turnand stop. I don't want to strip any threads so I haven't forced it or anything but I was pretty aggrivated. The regular cap that came with the new Provari screws in my older Provari with no problems. I'm at a loss so I sent in a ticket to Provape and I am waiting on a reply. Have any of you guys had this problem?

blake28

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Bradenton, fl
I just had the same thing happen to me!! I just received my satin mini 2.5, which is now my 3rd provari. I went to screw the extension cap on from my v2 and it will not go more than a ¼ of the way down. I was/am aggravated as well cuz it works like butter on both of my v2's,but not on the new mini.

So I ordered another extension cap as well, so I hope this will fix the issue & I hope it's not a problem with the threads, I don't think it is a thread problem, cuz all 3 standard end caps screw on like butter.

I too wish that Provape would have stated this on their site though, instead it states that all extension caps from the standard provari will fit the mini/2.5 mini.

Now the only thing that I can think that could have happened is when I purchased both v2's, it was right after they released them, so maybe I got an extension cap from the v1??that's all that comes to mind since both v2 standard caps work silky smooth on my mini.

We will see though, as my cap should arrive tomorrow or the next day. I will add, that it really isn't a big deal, as I did need another extension cap anyways, I just wish I would of ordered it at the same time, but w/the blue LED and 4 350 batts, it just didn't seem like a big priority at the time!! Although, if there was mention that my old cap might not work on the 2.5, I definitely would have been safe and picked 1 up.

P. S. SORRY FOR THE RANT, this in no way is meant to be a knock against Provape. I love them and they have taken good care of me on both occasions that I had to send 1 of my Provari's in for service. There customer service is by far second to none Imo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
I ordered a blem mini satin finish about 2 weeks ago and later ordered the extension end cap. Works/fits fine.
Yesterday, I received a V2 regular ProV I purchased in the classifieds. That same extension cap fits and works great on the regular size.

Let us know what ProVape tells you about this, please. I'd be interested to hear what they say.

kdw5150

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Maurice, LA.
I just received my kir fanis 18560 extension sleeves for my provari mini v2.5. They don't fit either. Same problem as the first post mentioned. They screw on about a quarter turn and stop. Ironically, the end cap screws onto the kir fanis extension just fine. Geess...and I was looking forward to having the option of using the 18650 on my mini!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread