New, need A LOT of help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
Gobotron That's great to know! I've JUST heard of them TODAY so I've done literally NO research so far, but the few reviews I've seen on their site were very positive! If you don't mind, can you keep me updated on how it's working out? I'm taking my time before I buy another kit so I'm not in a hurry to just jump on something.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
slimloco Thank you :) I've wondered that myself, I'm using the 1.8 because that's what all the sites recommend for a pack a day smoker. I only have 1 that's a 2.4 and it's just some free sample (zigzag) I got with my V2 kit, the throat hit is a little much for me, but I don't know if that's the juice or the nic level.

Afferoletum

Jan 20, 2014
Philly
I smoked a pack and a half a day up until December 26th I bought an innoken iclear 16 starter kit which was nice but didn't quite satisfy in terms of vapor I quickly got into the ego c-twist variable voltage batteries and that does the job the fact that I can control the amount of vapor I want is great I ended up getting shiny itis though got myself a kanger pro tank 2 since I had to carry 4 clearomizers or so a day but this tank holds a lot more juice and one tank will last me throughout the day so my 2 cents would be to try a variable voltage with a better tank find a flavor you like and you should be content enough to stop smoking and not buy new things unless you're like me and want bigger and even better now the up front cost may be pricey but if you can afford the setup and stick with it for a month month and a half then you break even on your cig cost and if you are still content after then you're just banking money and health at that point

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
try some of high end device, it will make you more love vape

Like what? I don't know anything about trying to mix and match things, I don't know what mAh goes with what ohm or anything like that. I'm really just trying to find a SIMPLE kit, prefer small, but it seems no one is suggesting the smaller ones. My V2 battery is a 380mAh so I may just stay with that and continue my journey, but to be honest, I'm starting to lose hope on this!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
If size is really that important to you, I would suggest a combination of 2 things:
  • Smokeless Image cartomizers are very good if you like cartomizers. They don't burn as hot as some. And, you don't have to suck hard to get vapor.
  • The best skinny clearomizers that I've tried are the eSmart clearos. I don't know why Smokeless Image doesn't carry them. They do have other clearos that are ok, but not as good as the eSmarts. LiteCigUSA has them here.
I would use the Volt batteries from Smokeless Image, the ones in the LiteCigUSA kit, or your own if you already have them and use the cartos from Smokeless Image and the clearos from LiteCigUSA. That should give you plenty to keep you happy with for some time.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I THINK I'VE FOUND IT! Please tell me what you all think!
Ego Mini Starter Set - 2 Complete E Cigs - Only $35.00!! Since size IS important to me, I've decided that the diameter isn't AS important as long as it's still small! It's cute and it's an eGo, my only question would be the 350mAh. My V2 is 380mAh, does that mean my V2 is going to be more 'powerful'??
eGo-C w/ AnyVape Mini Viva BCC Starter Kit - MyFreedomSmokes.com This one is thinner, more cig size, but I'm not really sure if it's worth it at that price!
http://www.litecigusa.net/Kangertech_Esmart_Kit_Pink_p/esmart-kit-pink.htm Or this, it's small and someone else mentioned it.

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
I THINK I'VE FOUND IT! Please tell me what you all think!
Ego Mini Starter Set - 2 Complete E Cigs - Only $35.00!! Since size IS important to me, I've decided that the diameter isn't AS important as long as it's still small! It's cute and it's an eGo, my only question would be the 350mAh. My V2 is 380mAh, does that mean my V2 is going to be more 'powerful'??
eGo-C w/ AnyVape Mini Viva BCC Starter Kit - MyFreedomSmokes.com This one is thinner, more cig size, but I'm not really sure if it's worth it at that price!
Kangertech Esmart Black electronic cigarette Or this, it's small and someone else mentioned it.
I'm going to leave most of your question to someone with more experience in the area. The capacities you mention, 350 and 380 are similar to the size of your gas tank in a car. A bigger tank can let you drive further if the mileage is the same. Neither determines how fast your 0-60 is, that's a function of the engine. In this case your engine is how high you can turn the voltage. So a mod that maxes at 4.2 volts is more powerful than one that maxes at 4.0 volts. I'd suggest variable voltage since it allows you to tailor the amount of power to your taste and vapor device.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
My suggestion is if you want tiny, to get a VV V3 instead of an ego.. you will have to learn how to adjust it, but offers you more control of the flavor, since you can dial your power up or down.

My 2nd suggestion, which is how I quit smoking, is to buy an itaste MVP2. 2nd, because it's a small box (smaller than a pack of smokes), vs a tube, and you mentioned small. Right now, you can get the kit from various places, including ebay, from $40-$50. It's the whole kit, including a refillable tank. This is how I quit a 1-2 pack a day habit for 40 years in a week. It worked. I will always be grateful for my MVP2.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
Thanks everyone for all the advice. I think at this point I'm just in over my head. I think I'm just going to stick with my long 380mAh V2 (and get some tanks for it) and come back to the mission in a couple of weeks. It works great so far, lasts me a couple of days between charges (although it's not the only thing I'm using at the moment) and if my main complaint is more that it runs hotter then I like, I guess that's not a bad start.

When I say small, I really wanted someone to say there is something out there that's not much wider then the 'cig a likes', but it seems that's not the case.

Can anyone tell me why the V2 runs so hot though? Is that the voltage?

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
those are 3.7v batteries. the 3.7 is the voltage they push out, 2 things that would affect the heat would the resistance of the topper. so using a 1.8ohm version say a 2.8ohm. the lower the ohm number the faster and hotter it will heat. the other would be the position of the coil a topper with a coil that sits up high like vivinova will give a hotter vape then a bottom coil like a protank or kanger bcc would as the lower coil cause the vaper to travel further to you and allows the vape to cool a bit.

Kbennett65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Northern, Wi, USA
If you really want small, the Evo mini is that. I bought one to throw in my pocket when I am at work or just running around. It is wider than a cigarette [about double the diameter], but only about 1/2 inch taller than one with a mini Pro Tank 2 on it. I was worried about it being top heavy with the tank on because the battery is so short, but it is pretty well balanced and feels nice in the hand. Plus it is cheap enough that if you don't love it you are not going to be out much money.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
those are 3.7v batteries. the 3.7 is the voltage they push out, 2 things that would affect the heat would the resistance of the topper. so using a 1.8ohm version say a 2.8ohm. the lower the ohm number the faster and hotter it will heat. the other would be the position of the coil a topper with a coil that sits up high like vivinova will give a hotter vape then a bottom coil like a protank or kanger bcc would as the lower coil cause the vaper to travel further to you and allows the vape to cool a bit.

Right now I'm just using the Cartos I got with the kit, but that is great info! I was really curious as to what the difference was with ohm, I had NO clue lol.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
If you really want small, the Evo mini is that. I bought one to throw in my pocket when I am at work or just running around. It is wider than a cigarette [about double the diameter], but only about 1/2 inch taller than one with a mini Pro Tank 2 on it. I was worried about it being top heavy with the tank on because the battery is so short, but it is pretty well balanced and feels nice in the hand. Plus it is cheap enough that if you don't love it you are not going to be out much money.

I've been researching that one too, I found a nice inexpensive kit ... Ego Mini Starter Set - 2 Complete E Cigs - Only $35.00!! ... and more than likely, that'll be my next step. The biggest reason I don't think I'm ready to take that plunge is because I have the 1100 ego and while I'm pretty sure it's a super cheap knock off, I haven't been really thrilled with it. Plus I'm not even sure how to clean them and keep up with them. On the tank I replaced the original one with doesn't have lines so Idk even how far I'm supposed to fill it! I'm thinking of going to one of our vape shops though and get a crash course!

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I went from a V2 kit to a Halo Triton kit. Can be very small, and did the job for me. Later I got bigger and different shinies, but I still use my Halos. My smallest Halo Triton, next to the lighter:

20140129_111901.jpg

And with a Triton clearomizer that I also use for discrete vaping:

2014-01-29%2011.23.38.jpg

This is Halo's smallest 400 mah battery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread