New Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I'm very new to the vaping world. I smoked cigarettes for a very long time quitting about 3 years ago. Just recently got out of the military after 6 years. Instead of smoking my issue is I replaced that with snacking. I've been given advice from a few people that vaping may help me cut down on all the snacking. I've gained some weight but I don't want to continue down that road. I do work out regularly.

I'm basically looking for a good starting kit. I've done some research but I'm still confused on what I would need.

I've been to a few local stores here in Columbus and the customer service didn't leave much to be desired. One really insisted I bought a kit for $150. Which I think is a bit high to see if it's something I would enjoy.

Any advice would be appreciated and I am going to explore the forums!

Thanks,
Kristin

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello freeman and welcome to the forum. I recently quit smoking and turned to vape determined not to put on the extra weight, so far so good. Seems like the vape satisfies my sweet tooth. Forum Suppliers ,--link to online forum supplier, cheaper than in most brick and mortar (B&M)stores.
You could look under the starter sets for a general idea as to what will introduce you to vape. After starting most people upgrade to a "mod" type battery (ex: eleaf 30W, ---eleaf 50W 4400 mah comes out soon) with a nice tank (Aspire Nautilus mini or Kanger Aero). I'd recommend a "clearomizer" (tank) with an adjustable air flow. (I have 2 Nautilus Mini's that I enjoy).
For battery, the ego style (like Vision Spinner2) or smaller 900 mah, 1100 mah would make a nice start, because you will want a back up battery if you really take to vape. You can always upgrade later. I wish you luck in your journey. Don't be shy about asking questions.

Edit: when shopping online look for coupons, found in the bar above your post. The search box on the top right corner of every page is helpful also.

Moaufan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Richland, Ga. USA
Hello Freeman and welcome to the forum. I would suggest a good variable voltage (twist) battery and a mini protank 2. This is what I started with and had great success. You should be able to find a good set up for around $50.00. After over a year I have maintained my weight. Most that quit smoking gain like crazy. I didn't!

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Welcome to ECF!! Once you get past the 5 posts, sub-forums open and you can do a lot more research.

New Members Information

Anyway, There is a discussion here about MODs with smooth, controlled power and the iTaste models were listed. Obviously the very expensive ones were listed, but the iTaste MVP3 and VV4 are much less costly.

I also recommend a spare system, just in case. Spare parts and extra tanks. Don't let there be a reason to pick up a cig. Also, I computed the monthly costs for my cigs and spent two months worth.

Making it a hobby really helped, too.

Good luck!

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi Kristin and welcome to ECF!

Don't give up on the vape shops just beacuse of one bad experience. I have one that's close to me and is like the one you visited - just want to sell you what will get them a high commission and don't want to talk to um... let's say "lesser folk". I have another about 30 minutes drive away that I go to all the time because of their attention to the custome and general attitude. Yes, they are a bit more expensive than online, but the atmosphere, being able to handle equipment and tasting juices before buying is worth it IMHO.

Anyway, here is a map of vape shops near you:
Vape Shops Near Columbus OH

... and here are a few links to get you started:
If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping and/or looking to upgrade.

1. A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor
2. Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods
3. Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments
4. Something Safe for Cinnamon and Citrus Flavors

Hope that helps and Happy Vaping!

Tate72

Jan 27, 2015
Hello and welcome to Vaping. I'm new myself to the forum but have been Vaping for about 4-6 months I guess. I started out with an eVod and then I got an iTaste mvp 20w with a aero tank mini for about $52. I have found its a little cheaper if you shop around on line for sure. I picked up an Aspire Nautilus mini. Awesome tank. I got tired of switching fluids so I use two tanks.
I recently just ordered a Subtank Nano. I can't wait to try that one out.

Steven G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Southern California
Greetings freeman126 and Welcome to the EDF. I started with a Nautilus tank and Vision Spinner ll still using the Nautilus very happy with them for the power you can also look at the Istick and MVP 2 both great...........................................................Enjoy...................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread