New here and would love some advice on a new kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
Watcha talking about Willis, that's clearly not what the man is looking for plus it's over 60 bucks.

Too bad, I would have gotten one of every color if it was true..

He said reliable, not rebuildable.

No more drinking and posting for the two of you!

:pervy:

Ohh its says reliable i swear i saw rebuildable my bad.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Ohh its says reliable i swear i saw rebuildable my bad.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

lol, no worries, at least you were trying to be helpful, that's more then I can say
24462279700_2cc68e3b1d_o.gif

Sorry OP, not my style of vapes so no knowledge in that area. Good luck on your search though.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Watcha talking about Willis, that's clearly not what the man is looking for plus it's over 60 bucks.

Too bad, I would have gotten one of every color if it was true..
Sorry bout that Huburt But at the $9 that 13 of us paid before the seller jacked his price I figgered the man might be tempted to bend on his requirements a tad. Sorry you missed out. Cheers

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Sorry bout that Huburt But at the $9 that 13 of us paid before the seller jacked his price I figgered the man might be tempted to bend on his requirements a tad. Cheers

Oh wow, so it was actually legit, and I missed out?!?

I'm gonna stalk ebay vigorously from now on, my yellow one could use some company.

Although, it makes sense that the seller listed a wrong price initially when I think about it.

Congrats on an awesome deal anyways!

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Oh wow, so it was actually legit, and I missed out?!?

I'm gonna stalk ebay vigorously from now on, my yellow one could use some company.

Although, it makes sense that the seller listed a wrong price initially when I think about it.

Congrats on an awesome deal anyways!

Yeah well time will tell, tracking numbers are coming in already. It was like 5-6 of us that snatched up at least 13 of em. I only got 1 don't give a rats .... about the mod but the tank was worth $9 to me. Now I find out half the gang are gonna send me their tanks cuz they don't want em.:rolleyes: I wonder If the seller just needed few quick bucks and we slammed him all at once harder than he expected! LOL!

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Yeah well time will tell, tracking numbers are coming in already. It was like 5-6 of us that snatched up at least 13 of em. I only got 1 don't give a rats .... about the mod but the tank was worth $9 to me. Now I find out half the gang are gonna send me their tanks cuz they don't want em.:rolleyes: I wonder If the seller just needed few quick bucks and we slammed him all at once harder than he expected! LOL!

I don't think that was the case seeing the seller has over 13.000 items listed on ebay, looks like you guys were just lucky enough to catch their mistake.

Funny though, I'm exactly the other way around. Love the mod, really don't care for the tank.

But I'd be happy to take that pesky mod of your hands for 9 bucks though, that way you'll have your tank for free! :D

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi @samwise

I wouldn't recommend the Aspire Elite kit, not in the UK anyway...

If you want a tube mod with a nice tank, they are lots around. Some of them (however) are not going to offer you much flexibility over the power, so watch out for that, please.

For example, the iJust2 (nobody has mentioned, thankfully :eek:) vapes at 50+ watts out of the box - does 50w sound good to you? (It doesn't to me).
The Kanger subvod 'slim' version (I have one on order) vapes at more like 24 watts.
The Innokin Endura (possibly a downgrade for you) vapes at 14 watts.

If you are going to buy something that has no variable power, make sure you know what you're getting.

samwise

Apr 17, 2016
Hi @samwise

I wouldn't recommend the Aspire Elite kit, not in the UK anyway...

If you want a tube mod with a nice tank, they are lots around. Some of them (however) are not going to offer you much flexibility over the power, so watch out for that, please.

For example, the iJust2 (nobody has mentioned, thankfully :eek:) vapes at 50+ watts out of the box - does 50w sound good to you? (It doesn't to me).
The Kanger subvod 'slim' version (I have one on order) vapes at more like 24 watts.
The Innokin Endura (possibly a downgrade for you) vapes at 14 watts.

If you are going to buy something that has no variable power, make sure you know what you're getting.

Hey, thank you very much for the response.

To be honest, although having been vaping for a year I am fairly clueless on wattages and voltages etc. I like the idea of getting something that I can play around with those features though.
For me the most important thing is that I can have a replaceable battery so that I can have one charging whilst I vape away.

I like the kanger but not sure it's an upgrade of what i've got? It's seeming like if I want a bit more puff then I need one of these box mods? Will avoid if possible though!

Something like the Joyetech eGo One CT Starter Kit - 2200mAh looks about right, but again I think it's pretty similar to mine :/

Cheers

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Something like the Joyetech eGo One CT Starter Kit - 2200mAh looks about right, but again I think it's pretty similar to mine :/

2,200 is OK (yes, that does a day at low/medium power) but your choice is going to be limited in power variability. Either starting at 17 or 35 watts, that's it... (sad face) :cry:

In the UK, it's a dreadful price too. £50 for something you can cobble together from Fasttech for about... let me see...

£6.50 for the atomiser and £11.50 for the battery. £18.

Maybe you can get a good deal?

Now, don't get me wrong. If you enjoy vaping at a certain power, then these batteries and tanks are just fine (honestly) but there's no control. You charge it up and away you go. For some people, that's just what they want. Personally, it would cause me some problems.

I'm waiting for a Kanger Subvod. I know it's going to vape at 27 watts start to finish. 27 is a little strong for me, but I can use a lower nicotine liquid.

(I just want the top fill tank to be honest.. :thumb: :D )

Forgive me, I am just 'down' about some of these plug and play all-in-one kits.
Do some research, see if you can make an educated guess at what would work for you.

If an e-cig comes with a 0.5ohm coil, it'll vape 30-35 watts most of the time (unless it's limited to 3.7v)
with a 1.0ohm = 17-18 watts (starts there)
with a 1.2ohm = 14-15 watts (starts there)

With a variable power box mod, you can choose to vape at more or less any power you like/enjoy/need.

samwise

Apr 17, 2016
2,200 is OK (yes, that does a day at low/medium power) but your choice is going to be limited in power variability. Either starting at 17 or 35 watts, that's it... (sad face) :cry:

In the UK, it's a dreadful price too. £50 for something you can cobble together from Fasttech for about... let me see...

£6.50 for the atomiser and £11.50 for the battery. £18.

Maybe you can get a good deal?

Now, don't get me wrong. If you enjoy vaping at a certain power, then these batteries and tanks are just fine (honestly) but there's no control. You charge it up and away you go. For some people, that's just what they want. Personally, it would cause me some problems.

I'm waiting for a Kanger Subvod. I know it's going to vape at 27 watts start to finish. 27 is a little strong for me, but I can use a lower nicotine liquid.

(I just want the top fill tank to be honest.. :thumb: :D )

Forgive me, I am just 'down' about some of these plug and play all-in-one kits.
Do some research, see if you can make an educated guess at what would work for you.

If an e-cig comes with a 0.5ohm coil, it'll vape 30-35 watts most of the time (unless it's limited to 3.7v)
with a 1.0ohm = 17-18 watts (starts there)
with a 1.2ohm = 14-15 watts (starts there)

With a variable power box mod, you can choose to vape at more or less any power you like/enjoy/need.

Thanks for the help!
I ended up going for the subvod mega tc kit, (just another easy one for a noob like me!)
One query, it seems that for the pre-installed 0.15 ohm coil I should have it on temperature mode and have it on power mode for the spare 0.5 ohm coil. What effect does this have on performance? and what would happen if I say vaped the 0.15 on power mode?
Cheers!

Amira

Unresolved Status
Apr 21, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks for the help!
I ended up going for the subvod mega tc kit, (just another easy one for a noob like me!)
One query, it seems that for the pre-installed 0.15 ohm coil I should have it on temperature mode and have it on power mode for the spare 0.5 ohm coil. What effect does this have on performance? and what would happen if I say vaped the 0.15 on power mode?
Cheers!

Good call @samwise

On some mods, they jump out of temp mode if you use a Kanthal coil. The other way around is somewhat scary.... I don't think it would allow it to be honest.

Mine is at the Post Office, so I can't try it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread