Not open for further replies.

VetSGT

Destroyer of Mods
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
kansas
So long time lurker of this forum. I finally took the plunge and ordered a volt basic kit, which appears to be great (think I should have gotten a bigger one lol). But I have been free of analogs since saturday. Small question though, when do you know if cartomizers are empty?? I am assuming it would be no more vapor:blink:...but cant seem to find a solid answer. Overall loving this much better then analogs. And if anyone in kansas city area would know if there is local places to buy e liquids that would be awesome.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I never ever run them empty because the stuffing will singe and make the carto bitter. Whenever I think the vapor or flavor is light or tastes off, or if the carto is getting abnormally warm, I add liquid. I also use a plastic or delrin drip tip (mine are from LitecigUSA.net) in place of the end cap so it is easy for me to pull that out and look at the stuffing. I only use juices that are thin (PG w/ 20% or less VG and 2 Vapor4Life WOW juices) and I avoid juices that drop a lot of flavoring sediment (clogs cartos, ruins drag) so my stuffing is left pretty white as the juice level gets lower. So I can see if a carto could use more juice. I make sure to check before putting a fresh battery on, before leaving the house and before bed plus whenever I think I have been vaping long enough that it may need juice.

I still occasionally singe a carto a bit but a very sweet juice may be able to overpower a bit of bitter singe and some tobacco juices actually taste OK with a bit of singe. But if you singe one slightly multiple times you will end up not tasting the juice at all. I can get 7-10 days use out of one carto.

Also I never ever put untested juices in cartos. If you have a manual battery you can put a standard resistance DSE901 atomizer and drip tip on your battery to test new juices. If you bought auto batteries then drip tips are not recommended - I guess you could use cartridges or just be extremely careful with dripping. And if you bought autos or even if you bought manuals, it is a good idea to have a 3rd battery. The 3rd battery can be a used as a spare, as an overnight battery (what I do so my ecig is ready to vape in the morning), and if you have autos your spare could be a manuals used with atty and drip tip when testing juices.

You can also use cartomizers from Bloogplanet, Halocigs G6, Vapor4Life

Your model is KR8708D-1 threaded and the Bloog style (they were the first with that style battery and Vapor4Life is more like the original manufacturer ones)

Last edited:

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
i'm in Kansas City also, the only place I have found locally is Vaperscorner.com. They have stuff in a bunch of local shops but their stuff is ludicrously expensive. 11$ for 10ml of juice. Nice for an emergency but holy hell!

That's not horrible. Depends on where you buy your juice online. $1.10 a mL is high, but consider you're not paying shipping and you're buying it in a store that has to make a small profit off of it as well. Also consider that 10mL is about 2-3 packs of cigarettes depending on how much you vape, I would say that is pretty reasonable considering all of that. So long as it's American made juice and decent at that.

Granted, not a price I would pay every time I needed juice, but if a local store of mine sold juice for that price, I could see picking up a bottle every so often to try it. It's also great to have juice in hand immediately rather than have to wait two or three days.

skittish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2011
kansas city
There's a smoke shop in North Kansas City that sells juice--it's right off I-35. I think it might be the Vaper's Corner that the previous poster mentioned. We had to use the juice in an emergency situation until an order from V4L came in. Stay away from the menthol flavor, it is NASTY. I think it was like, $10 for 10ml.

stevenejb

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Kansas City
i'm in Kansas City also, the only place I have found locally is Vaperscorner.com. They have stuff in a bunch of local shops but their stuff is ludicrously expensive. 11$ for 10ml of juice. Nice for an emergency but holy hell!

Which store are you buying from? All of the ones I've been to have all the juices for $9.95 for 10ml. It's a bit pricy, I agree, but at the same time I'm not paying for shipping either. I also assume they have more overhead since they have a brick & mortar in Lee's Summit they have to pay for.

stevenejb

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Kansas City
There's a smoke shop in North Kansas City that sells juice--it's right off I-35. I think it might be the Vaper's Corner that the previous poster mentioned. We had to use the juice in an emergency situation until an order from V4L came in. Stay away from the menthol flavor, it is NASTY. I think it was like, $10 for 10ml.

What did you find wrong with their menthol? I actually thought it was one of the better ones I've tried, Mister E-Liquid being the best. Maybe you got a bad one or maybe they reformulated it?

J Beard

Oct 10, 2011
Maryland U.S A.
love my Volt. I see you have been at it almost a month now, hope it is still going well.
When to fill is a game of learning that you have probably figured out by now.
If you get a burned taste in your cartomizer and want to get rid of it try filling it good and wet and capping it off set it aside for a week and then try it again. I have found that letting it soak in its own juice will disolve whatever gave it that taste and returns it to normal (so far). Also to me the 78mm batteries that SI sells are well worth the extra $1 for the run time you get from them.
Good Luck Sgt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread