Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulbasaur

Nov 12, 2012
Illinois
This is the first time I registered to any forum. I usually just read the forums but felt compelled to join this forum since I am fairly new to e-cigs. I started vaping since Oct. 27 on a tobacco bought e-cig called Encore. Spent close to 60 dollars and it came with a standard starter kit 1 battery and two cartridges. Bought a sampler pack to try the flavors they had for 15 dollars. I bought this without doing any research to e-cigs. It did keep me from smoking analogs though. Yesterday I had a puff on an analog from a friend and it tasted horrible. I could now say that I will never smoke analogs again.

I recently ordered an X2 battery from Smokeless Image and some CE3's. I have a local shop that sells e-juice and ego's and they have a sample station to try out some juices. But I think they have a different tread then the battery I ordered. Is there some sort of contraption I could add to the battery to be able to use 510 treads? Also what's a good site were they have sampler e-juices I could try? Was the X2 a smart buy? I am still fairly new to this any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rudy

Last edited:

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
If the battery you ordered is like a cig-alike or stick-style, it is probably 808 threaded(I believe the full name is KR808-D). Most devices, including eGos, are 510 threaded. You can get adapters that will allow you to use 510 cartos on an 808 battery or vice versa. I don't know much about smokeless image, but I started with a cig style battery, and it worked for me to quit smoking. I quickly moved up though, to eGos and my first big battery mod was a maxi roughstack from madvapes.
There are a lot of sites that offer sample size juices, and there are soooo many juice vendors out there. Take some time and read up on here, there is a ton of info. Congratulations on making the switch, welcome to ECF, and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
-Dave

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Bulbasaur, welcome!

I'm sorta new here too. You came to the right place though. I started vaping about two years ago when I was shopping at a pipe store. They had a kit for sell, and like you , I bought it without doing any research. It wasn't long before I got another kit from a vender online, and I haven't looked back. I really didn't set out to quit, but two years later I haven't touched tobacco. I'm not saying what you have isn't good enough. I haven't used that brand, and if it works for you great. Thats all that counts.

Anyways, good luck with vaping. There are a lot of good people here with great advice, and experience that have helped me greatly.
A word of advice though...if you start shopping around. Check reviews here, and get to know the venders before you push the button. It could save you time,and money

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
This is the first time I registered to any forum. I usually just read the forums but felt compelled to join this forum since I am fairly new to e-cigs. I started vaping since Oct. 27 on a tobacco bought e-cig called Encore. Spent close to 60 dollars and it came with a standard starter kit 1 battery and two cartridges. Bought a sampler pack to try the flavors they had for 15 dollars. I bought this without doing any research to e-cigs. It did keep me from smoking analogs though. Yesterday I had a puff on an analog from a friend and it tasted horrible. I could now say that I will never smoke analogs again.

I recently ordered an X2 battery from Smokeless Image and some CE3's. I have a local shop that sells e-juice and ego's and they have a sample station to try out some juices. But I think they have a different tread then the battery I ordered. Is there some sort of contraption I could add to the battery to be able to use 510 treads? Also what's a good site were they have sampler e-juices I could try? Was the X2 a smart buy? I am still fairly new to this any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rudy

Hi Bulbasaur, welcome to the ECF and congratulations on making the switch!

Smokeless Image is a great company. You won't be disappointed with their product. The SI Volt and X2 are 808's. eGo's are 510's. You could get adaptors. 808/901-510 adaptor - to use 808 battery with a 510 carto, and the opposite way if you want to use an 808 carto on a 510 battery. Most online vendors have the first one.

Another option could be to just get some eGo stuff. Then you could use your 808's and your eGo's, depending on the situation and your mood. You can never have too many supplies!

There are many, many vendors that have sample packs or sample size bottles. Look under 'registered suppliers' here on the forum. For eg. VaporGod, VapeDudes etc. I am sure others will be along to help you some more.

Good luck and happy hunting!

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
AZ Smoke Free has the adapter you need if your local shop does not carry any, Adaptor, KR808D-1 Battery to 510 Atomizer. I've ordered adapters from them and they have shipped right away.

While you are at your local shop you might want to try out a variable voltage eGo Twists unless you are a very light smoker. Most people find that batteries with a cigarette form factor won't get them over the quitting hump long-term and variable voltage makes it very easy for a beginner to get a great vape.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
:thumbs: Congrats on quitting the cigs! And welcome to ECF.

I recently ordered an X2 battery from Smokeless Image and some CE3's. Was the X2 a smart buy?

The X2 is an excellent choice. You will get far better performance and satisfaction from it than what you originally got. I recommend a second battery, though. All of Smokeless Image's gear is compatibile with everything that they sell. Quality equipment, very good customer support, and fast delivery.

Smokeless Image has their own forum here in the vendor supplier section. Take a look. How-to demo and equipment reviews in the top sticky section. Bottom section you can ask a question and likely get a quick response from other Smokeless Image customers. Imagine is the company rep who frequently stops by to answer questions, too.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/smokeless-image/

The ce3's were also a smart decision. I use them to this day to test sample flavors from new juice vendors. Small (you don't need much juice to test out flavors) and easy to empty, rinse, and refill again.

Is there some sort of contraption I could add to the battery to be able to use 510 treads?

Yes. 808 battery to 510 attachment http://www.discountvapers.com/adapter-808d-battery-to-510/

808 battery to 510 eGo attachment Adapter - 808D Battery to Go-go Cartomizer

Also what's a good site were they have sampler e-juices I could try?

Smart choice to inquire about the sampler packs on your part, no need to pay more for larger bottles of juice that you may not like. Once you find a juice you like, just order more in a larger bottle.

Most e-juice vendors offer either sampler packs or small trial sizes in 3-5 ml bottles. Here are a couple of my favorite vendors:

Organically Flavored E-liquid | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

Vaperite | E Liquid Flavors and Organic E Cigarette Liquid

volt-ce3.jpg

Volt X2 and ce3

Last edited:

1Pete

Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Texas
Most people find that batteries with a cigarette form factor won't get them over the quitting hump long-term and variable voltage makes it very easy for a beginner to get a great vape.

This was true for me. I bought a similar unit to the one you purchased a couple of years ago it didn't give me enough to get me off of cigarettes. A few weeks ago a buddy of mine showed me an ego with a clearomizer and I decided to give it another shot. I went with a kgo variable voltage with a vivi nova tank and the combination has been perfect for me. Easy to use, satisfying and the battery lasts me all day long without having to recharge. I'm not saying that you should run out and buy something else, but my point is that if this unit doesn't do it for you, don't give up on vaping. There are so many options that there is surely one perfect for you.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
They come in a 650, 900, and 1300 mah battery size similar to eGo and Twist batteries.

None of the SIs are variable voltage. I could not overstate how grateful I was to get variable voltage Twists one week into starting vaping. It couldn't be easier for a beginner to get a wonderful vamping experience with a variety of delivery devices with loads of different juices—no math or Ohms homework required. If the voltage is too low—no vape, too high the juice tastes burnt. The high end of the usable range produces more throat hit, the lower end produces better flavor.

Bulbasaur

Nov 12, 2012
Illinois
Thanks everyone for all your help.

But as for VV's I don't think I am ready for something like that just yet. I think I will get overwhelmed to know what voltage I should be smoking on with tanks or cartos and so forth. I really just want to add juices and vape away till I am more experience. Then I could make a sound judgement on what devices will work for me.

As for the links I am grateful I ordered a bunch of juices to try out. Hopefully I will find on that I will like and order the bigger bottles.

Is there some sort of difference from smoking from regular carto's and drip tips? Is it more enjoyable to smoke from drip tips?

Also regarding juices is there a difference between plastic bottles or glass bottles?

Is there a thread on here that I can see pictures of what ECFers are vaping on? I am more of a visual person.

Last edited:

epage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Eastern North Carolina
None of the SIs are variable voltage. I could not overstate how grateful I was to get variable voltage Twists one week into starting vaping. It couldn't be easier for a beginner to get a wonderful vamping experience with a variety of delivery devices with loads of different juices—no math or Ohms homework required. If the voltage is too low—no vape, too high the juice tastes burnt. The high end of the usable range produces more throat hit, the lower end produces better flavor.

Excellent and much-needed explanation of the pluses of VV, peraspera! Thanks so much from a newbie!

I got GREAT advice the other day from chefjosh and ordered a VV device, the Rider Robust, as well as a stealthy little mini-eGo 350mah just because they're so cute LOL! Both should be here within a day or three and I'll be on my way to not only kicking the tobacco habit for good, but the $5 a pop, last-one-day over-the-counter disposables from the convenience store :p

Last edited:

epage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Eastern North Carolina
As for the links I am grateful I ordered a bunch of juices to try out. Hopefully I will find on that I will like and order the bigger bottles.

Welcome to ECF Bulbasaur - I did the same thing you did and ordered several samples from several different places. I'm awaiting my first PV and juices, hopefully within the next few days! Good luck with your venture!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Is there some sort of difference from smoking from regular carto's and drip tips? Is it more enjoyable to smoke from drip tips?

Beginning vapors may prefer to not use a "drip tip" initially. They were originally intended for people who drip their e-juice directly upon naked atomizers and is called "dripping". Some attachments such as carto tanks require some sort of mouthpiece in order to vape from them, and these drip tips are used because they fit easily on the end of the cartomizer. After using them they become quite natural and comfortable to use. They are available in plastic, rubber, metal, and glass; preference of one over another type is strictly subjective. Some people collect them for their uniqueness or ability to add some "bling" to their personal vaping devices.

Also regarding juices is there a difference between plastic bottles or glass bottles?
Many people believe that there is. Glass is preferred usually because of its naturally inert influence of affecting taste. Some people believe plastic bottles leave a "plastic taste" to the juice. Glass is more expensive for vendors to use, and likely pass those costs on to the buyer.

Is there a thread on here that I can see pictures of what ECFers are vaping on? I am more of a visual person.
Yes, but realize that most of those pictured are mid to advanced level vapors. You'll see mostly the more expensive "mods" or advance personal vaporizors (APVs). Probably the longest running thread on ECF. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/225727-pictures-your-setup.html

epage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Eastern North Carolina
Hopefully your PV got to you this evening, or will get to you tomorrow Bulbasaur. I know I'm really looking forward to getting mine.

On a side note, regarding dripping, I'm thinking that it'd be a great way to taste all the new juices we've ordered without using a full carto or saturating wicks in clearos, ya know, saving those to fill with a juice we've decided we like. Initially, of course, as I also understand that dripping gives a lot of flavor and is actually preferred by a lot of vapers... I guess we'll both see in the next day or so! :)

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hopefully your PV got to you this evening, or will get to you tomorrow Bulbasaur. I know I'm really looking forward to getting mine.

On a side note, regarding dripping, I'm thinking that it'd be a great way to taste all the new juices we've ordered without using a full carto or saturating wicks in clearos, ya know, saving those to fill with a juice we've decided we like. Initially, of course, as I also understand that dripping gives a lot of flavor and is actually preferred by a lot of vapers... I guess we'll both see in the next day or so! :)

your right about that epage. Dripping is the way I try new juice. Some of the things coming out today produce great flavor too though. I wish you both well with this. You both are surely off to a good start, and your here. This place is great to help us all

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
On a side note, regarding dripping, I'm thinking that it'd be a great way to taste all the new juices we've ordered without using a full carto or saturating wicks in clearos, ya know, saving those to fill with a juice we've decided we like. Initially, of course, as I also understand that dripping gives a lot of flavor and is actually preferred by a lot of vapers...
For those people who do not care for dripping (I am one of them), ce2s or ce3s are an excellent way to test out sample flavors. They typically hold about 1 ml (just about right to test out a flavor), are easy to fill, empty, rinse, and repeat. About the same price as a carto, but changing flavors in a carto is not pratical.

ce2.jpg ce3s.jpg ce2-1.jpg

epage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Eastern North Carolina
For those people who do not care for dripping (I am one of them), ce2s or ce3s are an excellent way to test out sample flavors. They typically hold about 1 ml (just about right to test out a flavor), are easy to fill, empty, rinse, and repeat. About the same price as a carto, but changing flavors in a carto is not pratical.

I was actually looking at some of those earlier... Thanks for the tip - will order a few now!

your right about that epage. Dripping is the way I try new juice. Some of the things coming out today produce great flavor too though. I wish you both well with this. You both are surely off to a good start, and your here. This place is great to help us all

Thanks, Ranger! I had unrealistic high hopes, due to no mail Monday, that I might get mail today, but that wasn't the case... maybe tomorrow or Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread