Status
Not open for further replies.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Well, I've had my Ego T Type A since Mid July/11 and had 1 prob and that was an over fill of the tank. I bought the soft caps as an insurance. To date, I used 1 soft cap on that one leaking tank and the only prob with that is a tuff draw. All my original tanks with original caps(hard) have not leaked at all. If you don't believe me, that's hard caps to you. I find that most complaints come from those that have bought non-Joye original Ego Ts. Seems that the redos don't have comparitive specs as to the original Joye Ego Ts. It did take approximately 4- 7 days for mine to vape pleasantly(seems a break in period is inevidable) and 2 1/2 months later all my original gear is still being used and 100%. JMHO.

WOOHOO!! I'm glad they're working out for ya'!!

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
I'm a bit late coming to this thread but, as I just got some silicon tip tanks, it was exactly what I was looking for. I got my Ego T kit about 3 weeks ago and am absolutely in love with it. Maybe I've been one of the lucky ones but the only problems I have had are the ones I brought on myself (ei - trying to clean a perfectly good atty and killing it). The tank system works 100% for me. I've never had any leaking problems whatsoever and even the original 3 tanks I got with the kit, that have been pulled off and refilled numerous times now, have not given me any issues whatsoever with leaking. However, I did have a bad experience the first time I tried one of the silicon caps. Got a burnt taste almost right away that just got worse and, even when I took it off and put a regular hard plastic tank on, just could not get that burnt taste out of the atomizer no matter what I did. However, I had a whole pile of these silicon cap tanks and figured there must be info out there on the forum on them. I am definitely going to try that tip about creating a hole in them as that sounds like the perfect solution. This forum is such a wonderful source of information and tips. I would have been lost and given up on ecigs long ago if it weren't for all the great posts. Always keeping in mind that everyone has personal tastes both in hardware and juices and you just have to find what works for you regardless of what others may say. The Ego T is a perfect example as so many posters have not liked it one bit but ... for those of us for whom it works, we are hooked. Thanks again to everyone who continues to contribute!

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
Using the silicone caps don't completely prevent leaks, it'll still happen on occation, I've been able to keep it to a minimum with this method.

I've been able to prevent leaking pretty much completely by pre-punching the hole in my silicone caps, I use a metal ink pen cartridge that's slightly smaller in diameter than the attie spike, the spike is 3.04mm and the pen cartridge is 2.88mm.

After pulling the pen tip off I thourghly clean the ink out...then I mound a small diameter pointed round file in a vise, you'll want to use the top end of the pen cartridge as your hole punch, the end where the pen tip came out can be a little deformed.

Gently twist the pen cartridge on the file, quickly you'll have a nice sharp hole cutter, I place the caps top down on a 2 paper towel layer, just push down and you'll have a nice clean hole...don't twist to cut the hole.

As you probably already know, the attie spike doesn't puncture the cap cleanly, it kinda rips it, my caps have lasted way longer with this method.

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
Triple that on Cignot, based on longevity. I bought two eGo T-B LR atty's from them almost a year ago. Only $10. "No warranty."

Well, they don't need a warranty. One lasted 8 months and the other is still going strong. Rarely clean them.

What a change from the old days when an atty lasted a few weeks or a few months !

I started this thread and have learned a lot over the months. What is clear is that there are big variations in the quality of the Ego-T kits. Some people never experience leaks, while others do. There also seems to be differing opinions on the flavor, dry hits, etc... The silicone caps made a big improvement on leaking, but it still happens occasionally. With the soft tank caps I got from cig not the material in the hole just kind of pops out. No need to cut or drill them. I also don't like the idea of tearing apart the atty to mess with the wicking material. I just end up destroying them. A couple months ago I had like three leaks in three days and just gave up on the tanks for a while and started dripping into a 510 atty. eventually I got tired of that and went back to the tanks. Leaks are reduced to once or twice a month. Still it is always in the back of my mind and a constant worry. For instance, I wouldn't put my Ego-T in the pocket of a nice dress shirt.

My method for limiting leaks is to use the silicone caps. Wipe everything down when refilling the tanks and never let the tanks get much below half full before refilling. I see that there is a new Ego-C and posted another thread to see if this new system leaks. My love hate relationship with the Ego tank system continues.

Following up again. I have started another thread on the Ego-C here on the forum. I have had the C kit a week now and it works great. I get increase flavor from the C and not a single leak yet. I think the new design has fixed a lot of problems. The smaller, cheaper "changeable" atomizers work well. I ordered a second kit and am loving it. No system is perfect but the Ego-C is the best I have found. You won't be disappointed.

I am delighted that this post has had such legs. I have now done Ego-T A and B types. Silicone caps and some of the other tricks I have mentioned have made the T system usable. Of course technology evolves and I can say after buying two kits that I have never seen a leak from my Ego C's. All that being said I watched several positive videos on the Ego Vision tanks. At $5 each they are comparable to the C atty's in price, but what you get for your money is a big tank (about 1.5 ml of juice), great flavor and absolutely NO leaks. Life is perfect with the C system or the Vision tanks. Again, my hope is that everyone finds the solution that works for them that keeps them off analogs. I haven't had any kind of leak for months. These things just keep getting better. I am one happy vaper. I just wonder whats next???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread