New: e-liquid preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
I began making my own e liquid about 9 months ago, I came across a post in here about tobacco flavors which I liked and found there are so many tobaccos I decided to just stick with them. I'd say the most important thing is to provide yourself with enough nicotine to stop any urges to smoke tobacco, I started at 18 mg nicotine and was able to get to 3 mg nicotine easily.
My favorite flavor is Turkish tobacco since it has the strongest tobacco flavor, I can turn down the temp to get a mellow flavor and go up in temp to get a really strong flavor.
Maybe I will make my own eventually. There are a lot of tobacco flavor options. I will try the Turkish! Thanks

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
Simple. vape what you like. I like fruity flavors in the summer and dessert and sweets in the colder months. But go to a shop and try out what they have and find what you like.

There is a reason why there are hundreds of juice vendors and why those vendors have a diverse variety of flavors.
I definitely need to go to a shop at some point. So many options makes it hard to pick sometimes.

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
My first flavour was a banana bread/chocolate that the nice man at a local B&M gave me when I bought my first vape. I then received a sampler pack from a friend who didn't need it, containing flavours ranging from strawberry/cream to bourbon.

I don't think I've tried any flavours I've disliked yet, although I'm quite tolerant of everything when it comes to taste. However, I generally lean more toward tobacco bases like White Beard Tobacco by Velvet Cloud Vapor which is easily one of my favourites. They claim it's a RY4/Butterscotch/Custard/Tobacco but to me it tastes like a tobacco with grassy notes, and light vanilla/custard (I'm crazy for it so if any of you guys know of a recipe for it, I will love you forever).

Currently I'm alternating between raspberry doughnut/yogurt and a vanilla bourbon/tobacco.

My only advice for finding juices you would enjoy is to find some base(s) that you like (in my case, tobacco is one of them) and working around that :)
Thanks for sharing! I will have to work my way around to vanilla bourbon/tobacco.. sounds good.
I'm definitely going to start with a tobacco base and see how that goes.

Reactions: Shoxvibe

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
I'm probably different from everyone here... I use completely unflavored juice, and I mix my own. I lost all sense of smell a number of years ago after an accident, and with the smell much of my taste went away too. Using flavors in my juice is a waste, so I don't use any. I do my own mix of 50/50 PG/VG with 25mg/ml nicotine. I buy my raw ingredients directly from a reputable online store; not sure if posting the name of it is against forum rules or not.
Interesting.. I'm definitely leaning towards a flavored juice at least to start. And maybe I'll mix my own after a while also. Thanks for sharing!

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
If your considering a tobacco base, you may go for a net flavoring (natural extraction) . Nets are also pretty good at curbing any symptoms of withdrawal, so if you have a harder time putting down the smokes and making the switch, try a net tobacco flavor.

This place here is good for that:

Flavored N-E-T/"Hybrids"

Cigarette-style e-Liquids

You can also get 5ml samples to try out. Make sure you let it steep for a couple weeks after you get them in the mail, as they are mix to order..
Thanks! I'll definitely look into nets

Reactions: Opinionated

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I am relatively new to vaping.. I'm trying to switch completely from cigarettes. I am looking to get some info on which e-liquid flavors I should try out. I have mostly just tried what friends have had around and suggested, but I am looking to get some suggestions from all of you.
What flavors did you start with?
What kinds of flavors are your favorites?
What are you vaping now?

Thanks!
Well I could give you a starting point. Go to ecigexpress.com lookup diyordie flavors. I haven't tried them but heard they were good. What it is is a mixture of different flavors done by a mixologist. He gives you what he recommends for the amount to use and the % of VG and PG, nic is up to you. Like I say I've never tried them but it would be a good place to start DIYing without all the experimentation. Heard the triple c was a good caramel. He also has a site to just get his recipes and you can buy the flavors from the different manufacturers and try it yourself. Myself I use some flavors from Russia which are a hassle to get and takes some time to learn how to use them. But like others said flavor is subjective and what I love you might hate. So anyway that would be a good starting point.

Reactions: Marc_G

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Just to let you know I usually hang out on a thread call "Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch" there are a lot of people there with a lot of experience. I am usually on the Back Porch which is just a gang of us oldie and moldies that like to BS but the Front Porch is about vaping most of the time. Good place to ask questions.

sshonio83

May 27, 2017
East Tennessee
I'm brand new, started back 5 days ago, but I tend towards the fruity flavors. Right now I am vaping Caribbean Crush from Mountain Oak Vapors which is a peach pineapple sweet tart, but I'm going back tomorrow to get the Strawberry Cooler which is a Strawberry Lemonade flavor, and I'm probably going up to 6mg in nic cause the 3mg just isn't doing anything for me.

frosc

Jan 23, 2017
I tend to try many different flavors, from fruity to dessert to tea to coffee vapes. and sometimes be surprised at how I really liked them. e.g: I usually dislike banana-flavored anything (candies, cakes, etc), but I tried a Banana-Strawberry juice once; the banana is more prominent, and I REALLY liked that one. just keep trying different flavors and see what "clicks" for you, i guess.
nowadays I mostly vape dessert/custard flavors.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I am relatively new to vaping.. I'm trying to switch completely from cigarettes. I am looking to get some info on which e-liquid flavors I should try out. I have mostly just tried what friends have had around and suggested, but I am looking to get some suggestions from all of you.
What flavors did you start with?
What kinds of flavors are your favorites?
What are you vaping now?
Thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined.
What flavors did you start with? -----Tobaccos mostly.
What kinds of flavors are your favorites?--- Bakery
What are you vaping now? ----I DIY and mix and blend many flavors to my liking. Now, I'm vaping a dessert type flavor. I hesitate to call it any one taste. My chocolate stands out the most, but it isn't what I would call a real intense chocolate taste.
Might want to read below, the author explains the major flavor categories:
Vape Juice and E-Liquid Flavors for E-Cigarettes - Vaping360
Might like to read through:
General E-Liquid Discussion
Some of your questions may be answered by the search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "most popular e-liquids".
or if you can get through the hype:
Best E-juice, E-Liquid and Vape Juices of 2016
Perhaps the best way to discover a good flavor taste is to see if your local vape shop allows sampling of non nic (zero nic) flavors.
re: Sampling juice at B&M's
https://vapenewsmagazine.com/knock-knock-its-the-fda-calling/

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
Well I could give you a starting point. Go to ecigexpress.com lookup diyordie flavors. I haven't tried them but heard they were good. What it is is a mixture of different flavors done by a mixologist. He gives you what he recommends for the amount to use and the % of VG and PG, nic is up to you. Like I say I've never tried them but it would be a good place to start DIYing without all the experimentation. Heard the triple c was a good caramel. He also has a site to just get his recipes and you can buy the flavors from the different manufacturers and try it yourself. Myself I use some flavors from Russia which are a hassle to get and takes some time to learn how to use them. But like others said flavor is subjective and what I love you might hate. So anyway that would be a good starting point.
Thanks for the helpful tips!

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
I'm brand new, started back 5 days ago, but I tend towards the fruity flavors. Right now I am vaping Caribbean Crush from Mountain Oak Vapors which is a peach pineapple sweet tart, but I'm going back tomorrow to get the Strawberry Cooler which is a Strawberry Lemonade flavor, and I'm probably going up to 6mg in nic cause the 3mg just isn't doing anything for me.
So far I've liked the tobacco flavors more than the fruity flavors.. but maybe I just need to find the right fruit flavors. Definitely still need the nic!

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
I tend to try many different flavors, from fruity to dessert to tea to coffee vapes. and sometimes be surprised at how I really liked them. e.g: I usually dislike banana-flavored anything (candies, cakes, etc), but I tried a Banana-Strawberry juice once; the banana is more prominent, and I REALLY liked that one. just keep trying different flavors and see what "clicks" for you, i guess.
nowadays I mostly vape dessert/custard flavors.
I was hesitant about the dessert/custard type flavors, but seems like lots of people like them

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
Welcome and glad you joined.
What flavors did you start with? -----Tobaccos mostly.
What kinds of flavors are your favorites?--- Bakery
What are you vaping now? ----I DIY and mix and blend many flavors to my liking. Now, I'm vaping a dessert type flavor. I hesitate to call it any one taste. My chocolate stands out the most, but it isn't what I would call a real intense chocolate taste.
Might want to read below, the author explains the major flavor categories:
Vape Juice and E-Liquid Flavors for E-Cigarettes - Vaping360
Might like to read through:
General E-Liquid Discussion
Some of your questions may be answered by the search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "most popular e-liquids".
or if you can get through the hype:
Best E-juice, E-Liquid and Vape Juices of 2016
Perhaps the best way to discover a good flavor taste is to see if your local vape shop allows sampling of non nic (zero nic) flavors.
re: Sampling juice at B&M's
https://vapenewsmagazine.com/knock-knock-its-the-fda-calling/
Thanks for sharing! I will be starting by trying different tobacco flavors mostly and maybe going a similar path as you have

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
Thanks for all the suggestions on flavors, nicotine levels, etc. from you all!
I got myself a couple sample packs of e-liquids and so far I like the turkish tobacco flavoring the most. I also got an apple flavored one that I like. The others have been alright.. menthol isn't really for me. Mint flavors I like for a short time, but found myself wanting a different flavor after a short time of vaping. I will keep sampling to find the right variety for me.
I went with the 18mg nicotine and seems to be a good level so far.
Definitely helping me cut down on the smoking though!! Hopefully I will be down to zero cigarettes soon!

jeanyang2017

Multiple ID Suspension
Jun 7, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

Simar Sidhu

Moved On
Jun 1, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.